Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Which driver is going to win the VASC Driver’s Championship In 2018?
#1 Jamie Whincup RBHRT Holden 6 14.63%
#2 Scott Pye WAU Holden 1 2.44%
#5 Mark Winterbottom Tickford Ford 0 0%
#6 Cameron Waters Tickford Ford 1 2.44%
#7 Andre Heimgartner NisMoAu Nissan 0 0%
#8 Nick Percat BJR Holden 0 0%
#9 David Reynolds Erebus Holden 1 2.44%
#12 Fabian Coulthard DJRTP Ford 1 2.44%
#14 Tim Slade BJR Holden 0 0%
#15 Rick Kelly NisMoAu Nissan 0 0%
#17 Scott McLaughlin DJRTP Ford 22 53.66%
#18 Lee Holdsworth Team18 Holden 0 0%
#19 Jack Le Brocq Tekno Holden 0 0%
#21 Tim Blanchard TBR Holden 0 0%
#23 Michael Caruso NisMoAu Nissan 0 0%
#25 James Courtney WAU Holden 1 2.44%
#33 Garth Tander GRM Holden 0 0%
#34 James Golding GRM Holden 0 0%
#35 Todd Hazelwood MSR Ford 0 0%
#55 Chaz Mostert Tickford Ford 4 9.76%
#56 Richie Stanaway Tickford Ford 1 2.44%
#78 Simona de Silvestro NisMoAu Nissan 0 0%
#97 Shane van Gisbergen RBHRT Holden 2 4.88%
#99 Anton de Pasquale Erebus Holden 1 2.44%
#230 Will Davison 23RED Ford 0 0%
#888 Craig Lowndes ALR Holden 0 0%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 13 Dec 2017, 00:03 (Ref:3786697)   #1401
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by champcarman View Post
Probably be more than one wildcard at Bathurst. Personally I am against the idea of nay wildcard entries at any Round after the shenanigans we saw this year.
What shenanigans are you referring to?
Old 13 Dec 2017, 02:33 (Ref:3786715)   #1402
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
What shenanigans are you referring to?
+1

All the wildcards seemed competent, professional and quick to me.
Old 13 Dec 2017, 02:52 (Ref:3786721)   #1403
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
+1

many of them are running full time in 2018
Old 13 Dec 2017, 03:11 (Ref:3786723)   #1404
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
+1

This.

Only bloke who sooked about it was Mr Caruso, and in both cases he was equally accountable.
Old 13 Dec 2017, 03:54 (Ref:3786736)   #1405
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Frosty To Have Same Engineer 2 Years In A Row

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 13 Dec 2017, 03:58 (Ref:3786739)   #1406
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Strategy gone mad.
Old 13 Dec 2017, 07:29 (Ref:3786750)   #1407
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
In an age of self-entitlement, his attitude towards his racing is a refreshing change.

Many could learn a hell of a lot from his approach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Do It!
Seems like a genuine bloke, doing things the hard way, and with people who believe in him so that's a sure sign of things to come.
I don't disagree with what you guys are saying, however the fan club he seems to have just because he's apparently a nice guy and the notion he's the only one battling his way up because he cooks a few barbeques is ridiculous

I bet quite a number of drivers, past and present, wish they were 'battling' as hard as he is at the moment.

He's a good driver & seems to have a good attitude, but he's hardly the only person in motor racing in this scenario at the moment.
Old 13 Dec 2017, 07:56 (Ref:3786762)   #1408
Umai Naa
Veteran

Perhaps no one else on the same career path as him, is doing enough to warrant a mention?
Old 13 Dec 2017, 20:07 (Ref:3786889)   #1409
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
MSR To Secure 2 DJRTP FG/Xs

And run VASC, Super2 & TCM!
Old 13 Dec 2017, 23:49 (Ref:3786922)   #1410
Trev Campbell
Veteran

Trev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTrev Campbell should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
I don't disagree with what you guys are saying, however the fan club he seems to have just because he's apparently a nice guy and the notion he's the only one battling his way up because he cooks a few barbeques is ridiculous

I bet quite a number of drivers, past and present, wish they were 'battling' as hard as he is at the moment.

He's a good driver & seems to have a good attitude, but he's hardly the only person in motor racing in this scenario at the moment.
No I doubt that he is the only one battling. But the fact that he and his family are expending a lot of time and money and are willing to explore and actively commit to many avenues to keep his dream going (Being that selling snags and chocolates, donations or getting major sponsors on board) to extract every possible means to make his career a success is fantastic to see. He is not just turning up with a bunch of family money with the family business plastered on the side of a car.

He has positioned himself as the everyman, In a time when all of us who ever dreamed of becoming a racing driver see the massive amount of money required to just get a drive, and seeing the sport becoming a rich man only playground. He maybe gives hope that still making it on talent and hard work is possible for someone like us average joes's to make it.
Old 14 Dec 2017, 01:06 (Ref:3786930)   #1411
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
MSR To Secure 2 DJRTP FG/Xs

And run VASC, Super2 & TCM!
I know TCM is looking to allow XD Falcon's but to allow FG/X's is ridiculous!
Old 14 Dec 2017, 01:07 (Ref:3786931)   #1412
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev Campbell View Post
No I doubt that he is the only one battling. But the fact that he and his family are expending a lot of time and money and are willing to explore and actively commit to many avenues to keep his dream going (Being that selling snags and chocolates, donations or getting major sponsors on board) to extract every possible means to make his career a success is fantastic to see. He is not just turning up with a bunch of family money with the family business plastered on the side of a car.

He has positioned himself as the everyman, In a time when all of us who ever dreamed of becoming a racing driver see the massive amount of money required to just get a drive, and seeing the sport becoming a rich man only playground. He maybe gives hope that still making it on talent and hard work is possible for someone like us average joes's to make it.
Beautifully put. Plus he's won a championship against some proven dudes, so the talent is clearly there too.
Old 14 Dec 2017, 04:59 (Ref:3786957)   #1413
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No world on JLB and his "pending announcement" ???
Old 14 Dec 2017, 13:05 (Ref:3787015)   #1414
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Presumebly the parity on the V6TT will be a moving target throughout it's Wildcard outings next year
Good luck with that.
Old 14 Dec 2017, 14:01 (Ref:3787024)   #1415
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
I know TCM is looking to allow XD Falcon's but to allow FG/X's is ridiculous!
Well if they go all the way to 2020 they might nearly be old enough, 5 seasons as an FG, and a further 6 seasons as an FG/X is a VERY long time....
Old 14 Dec 2017, 14:11 (Ref:3787027)   #1416
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
New Chassis In Build For BJR

A newby for Mr Slade, a newby for Mr Percat, and an update on Mr Blanchard’s low mileage ‘17 car... all with KRE power...

No noise around a sponsor for #8 however...
Old 14 Dec 2017, 19:13 (Ref:3787084)   #1417
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
New Logo For WAU...

Wow...
Old 14 Dec 2017, 19:54 (Ref:3787091)   #1418
kittle
Veteran

kittle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
“I think the new logo looks great. It captures all three companies" Zac Brown

Where does it capture the Walkinshaw brand? The helmet from HSV maybe?

I really hope the new venture pays off for WAU and brings them back up the front.

Last edited by kittle; 14 Dec 2017 at 20:06.
Old 14 Dec 2017, 21:30 (Ref:3787105)   #1419
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
It's almost like they're going down a Superhero theme - maybe they need this bloke driving for them?
Old 14 Dec 2017, 23:04 (Ref:3787119)   #1420
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Old 15 Dec 2017, 01:20 (Ref:3787143)   #1421
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Youlden re-signs as Erebus co-driver
Old 16 Dec 2017, 06:48 (Ref:3787394)   #1422
Terry S
Racer

Terry S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
It seems strange to me that the first thing for a new team to decide is their logo.

I hope this is not an indication of their priorities for 2018......
Old 16 Dec 2017, 08:01 (Ref:3787402)   #1423
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
It seems strange to me that the first thing for a new team to decide is their logo.

Some sponsors, endurance pilots, location of their 2019 headquarters, the make of car they are going to run.. lots of unknowns..
Old 16 Dec 2017, 23:42 (Ref:3787551)   #1424
Terry S
Racer

Terry S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Some sponsors, endurance pilots, location of their 2019 headquarters, the make of car they are going to run.. lots of unknowns..

So at least they have a logo......
Old 17 Dec 2017, 01:06 (Ref:3787554)   #1425
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post

Quote:
Any new company formed is going to need a lot of background material such as articles of association, list of shareholders / directors in place etc - often takes a little time after the initial MOU and public announcement to do all that.

Part of that is having the logo - any presentations to sponsors need the logo, letterheads used for communication with various bodies need the logo, various merch and promotional material will need the logo as a starting point so that designs can get underway. Government agencies often insist that companies provide information on letterhead to prove that it is authentic for example.

Having the logo is most definitely a priority - amongst a long list of prioritised items no doubt but NOT having the logo done would hold up a lengthy list of jobs that need doing.