Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 15 May 2015, 23:46 (Ref:3537875)   #1
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Michel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMichel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The ultimate guide of Le Mans city

Hi,
I publish this "guide" for facilitate your walk in Le Mans if you want visit during the Pesage at Republic place or before/after the drivers parade

The main attraction of Le Mans is the Medieval town, the cathedral and the Roman wall, built at the IIIth century past J.Christ.

How to come at downtown : : from the circuit, by tram from Antares station, direction : "Université". Stop at Republic station (scrutineering place). Journey time : about 25 minutes from Antares.

By car : you keep the road signs "centre-ville" (city centre), it's easy. The main car parks are under the floor and easily accessible. Attention to the traffic jam...

Le Mans's car park website : http://www.cenoviapark.fr/parkings/

Bus/tram website : http://www.setram.fr/index.php (english version)

It's easy to walk from Republic place to medieval city centre, through the pedestrian shopping streets. The cathedral is in the medieval part.
In the city centre, you can find lot of restaurants, pubs, cafés.

Official informations :

Le Mans tourist office : http://www.lemans-tourisme.com/fr/de...antagenet.html

24 hours website : http://www.24h-lemans.com/en/

Sarthe tourist office : http://www.tourism.sarthe.com

Last edited by Aysedasi; 6 Jun 2015 at 10:29.
Old 16 May 2015, 00:12 (Ref:3537878)   #2
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Michel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMichel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Oh, sorry for these ****ing "URL périmée"
I used a hoster picture, but apparently there is a problem...

How can i publish images from Iphoto or from my computer files ?

When i want to publish a picture, there is this message :

Please enter the URL of your image:

... What is the URL of a picture How i can find it ? (on a macbook)
Old 16 May 2015, 09:34 (Ref:3537986)   #3
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
URL is a weblink.
To be able to post pictures on a forum you need to upload the picture to an online site (Imagefrog, Tinypic, even Facebook) and then get the direct link to the image and use that in the post.
Old 16 May 2015, 10:10 (Ref:3537994)   #4
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
http://www.imgur.com is simple.
Old 16 May 2015, 10:43 (Ref:3538001)   #5
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
(Thanks for aid. It's now impossible to edit my first post, if moderation could delete my outdated post, it would be cool )

Hi,
I publish this "guide" for facilitate your walk in Le Mans if you want visit during the scrutineering at Republic place or before/after the drivers parade

The main attraction of Le Mans is the Medieval town, the cathedral and the Roman wall, built at the IIIth century past J.Christ.

How to come at downtown : : from the circuit, by tram from Antares station, direction : "Université". Stop at Republic station (scrutineering place). Journey time : about 25 minutes from Antares.

By car : you must keep the road signs "centre-ville" (city centre), it's easy. The main car parks are under the floor and easily accessible. Attention to the traffic jam...

Le Mans's car park website : http://www.cenoviapark.fr/parkings/

Bus/tram website : http://www.setram.fr/index.php (english version)

Antares station :

A map of main interesting places in Le Mans city centre :

It's very easy to walk from Republic place to medieval city centre, through the pedestrian shopping streets. The cathedral is in the medieval part.

In the city centre, you can find lot of restaurants, pubs, cafés.

Official informations :

Le Mans tourist office : http://www.lemans-tourisme.com/fr/de...antagenet.html

24 hours website : http://www.24h-lemans.com/en/

Sarthe tourist office : http://www.tourism.sarthe.com
Old 18 May 2015, 16:36 (Ref:3539019)   #6
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For any newbies reading this post - if you have time it really is worth visiting some of these sights. If you have a car and even more time, get exploring further afield - there is so much to see around the area.
Old 18 May 2015, 17:11 (Ref:3539031)   #7
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lucky guys, I was planning to attend this year with a friend from Belgium, but it become too expensive for me this year. Maybe next one. Barbecue and champagne
Old 1 Jun 2015, 09:46 (Ref:3543712)   #8
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Sunday, if you want to dance after the checking, you can go to the "sundeep", it's a kind of garden party with electro music, on the terrace of Le Mans theater (place des Jacobins)

https://www.facebook.com/events/692380644224387/
Old 1 Jun 2015, 17:38 (Ref:3543885)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michel Vaillant View Post
Sunday, if you want to dance after the checking, you can go to the "sundeep", it's a kind of garden party with electro music, on the terrace of Le Mans theater (place des Jacobins)

I may just pass on that one........
Old 1 Jun 2015, 17:57 (Ref:3543893)   #10
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michel Vaillant View Post

Sorry, to busy putting up my tent.
Old 1 Jun 2015, 19:52 (Ref:3543938)   #11
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If you have time and a car, why not check out the 1906 GP circuit. There are excellent signs and information boards around the circuit. You can spend a happy day working out the route and retracing it. Perhaps some lunch along the way. It is over 100km and they did 12 laps (in two halves over two days!)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1906_French_Grand_Prix

It is all accessible nowadays, although some of it is a track through the forest that was only reopened a few years back.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5090.jpg   IMG_5004.jpg   IMG_5006.jpg  

IMG_5036.jpg   IMG_5044.jpg   IMG_5064.jpg  

Old 2 Jun 2015, 17:53 (Ref:3544270)   #12
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Terrific idea Adam (I recall you talking about the circuit on here a few years back.....)

Is there a map that you can download? I fancy suggesting a recce to my driver, maybe on Tuesday......

The village with the zebra crossing - where is that? It looks familiar.
Old 2 Jun 2015, 18:32 (Ref:3544289)   #13
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The best map I came across was actually on those boards around the circuit. It was only using those that I was able to chose the best way through a couple of the villages despite a decent bit of research before. Some dead ends, but we did as much as possible even if we had to turn back.

I have a google maps thing of it somewhere. I'll dig it out and post it.
Old 2 Jun 2015, 18:46 (Ref:3544291)   #14
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Found my google thing, it is actually a Google Earth file. With a trace from a GPS lap timer of where we went. I'll see what I can do to show you online.

In the meantime here is the 1906 GP. I'm afraid only highlights were broadcast on Fox back then

Last edited by Adam43; 2 Jun 2015 at 19:22.
Old 2 Jun 2015, 19:39 (Ref:3544306)   #15
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
The start was (I think) about 48° 2'7.98"N 0°25'3.27"E on the D323 between Connerre and Saint-Mars-la-Briere. That's were the first marker board is too.

It seems in the file I tidied it up a little and removed some of the double-backing we did. Here is a screenshot from Google Earth. Should be enough to get you there. It's more fun if you have to work something out yourself.
If you follow that then you do more about 99% of it. New junctions and that fact that some of the original course was actually temporary wooden boards means you can't quite do it all. Remember if you drive round it, but don't do the bit round Vibraye then you are a wuss
Attached Thumbnails
1906 GP.jpg  
Old 11 Apr 2016, 17:06 (Ref:3631905)   #16
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Hello

I publish new photos of Le Mans, if you want inspiration to your Le Mans trip

IMG_5377 by Michel Vaillant, sur Flickr

IMG_5373 by Michel Vaillant, sur Flickr

cathédrale 4 by Michel Vaillant, sur Flickr

IMG_5707-2 by Michel Vaillant, sur Flickr
Old 11 Apr 2016, 17:26 (Ref:3631912)   #17
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
yes they look familiar, over the last 30 plus years must have see just about all the tourist sights, but thanks for posting looking forward to first visit in under 2 months now