Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 9 Sep 2015, 15:29 (Ref:3572722)   #1
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
TUSC: Lone Star Le Mans at COTA

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Entry List

Schedule

Last edited by joeb; 9 Sep 2015 at 17:39.
Old 9 Sep 2015, 15:33 (Ref:3572723)   #2
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So it seems that Flying Lizard will be on the grid.

http://www.imsa.com/articles/flying-...re-race-report
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wA1HYps2H0

As well as a second GTD Viper from Lone Star Racing.
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/go...viper-at-cota/

L.P.
Old 9 Sep 2015, 15:48 (Ref:3572725)   #3
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
2014 Qualifying times for comparison purposes

WEC LMP1 1:48.9 Toytoa
WEC LMP2 1:55.5 G-Drive Ligier
IMSA LMP2 1:57.8 Oak Ligier
IMSA DP 1:58.6 Taylor Corvette
IMSA LMPC 2:00.5 8Star Oreca FLM
IMSA GTLM 2:03.3 Core Porsche 911
WEC GTE 2:05.2 AF Corse Ferrari
IMSA GTD 2:08.5 TRG Aston Martin
Old 9 Sep 2015, 21:07 (Ref:3572789)   #4
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Seems a bunch of Am drivers in additional entries were added, let's hope they can keep their cool...
Old 10 Sep 2015, 05:59 (Ref:3572866)   #5
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Based on recent races, I'd expect a few of the cars on the entry list to not show up. Wright Motorsports Porsche, Starworks DP, one of the Mazdas.
Old 10 Sep 2015, 06:04 (Ref:3572867)   #6
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
Based on recent races, I'd expect a few of the cars on the entry list to not show up. Wright Motorsports Porsche, Starworks DP, one of the Mazdas.
I would agree on Wright and Starworks. Not so sure on Mazda, though the one has been absent of late. Makes for a 37-38 car grid as of now....

L.P.
Old 11 Sep 2015, 12:20 (Ref:3573152)   #7
kyoung
Racer

United States
kyoung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkyoung should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like the Porkys just got 20KG porkier, Ferrari to the front.
Old 11 Sep 2015, 13:54 (Ref:3573171)   #8
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyoung View Post
Looks like the Porkys just got 20KG porkier, Ferrari to the front.
I don't mind BoP adjustments but the other cars should have been enhanced. Not adding weight to the Porsches. Dumbing down is not the way to go.
Old 11 Sep 2015, 15:02 (Ref:3573188)   #9
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Haha imsa setting the stage,Ferrari will go to the front now,.then there will be one last bop before Pettit,and it'll be a have at boys type bop.expect it to get worse next year with ford coming in.
Old 11 Sep 2015, 15:14 (Ref:3573192)   #10
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
I don't mind BoP adjustments but the other cars should have been enhanced. Not adding weight to the Porsches. Dumbing down is not the way to go.
They are still not back to the base minimum class weight of 1245kg (per rules art. 4.2.1), so not exactly dumbing down. It is also easier to adjust a single car type's performance than it is to adjust the rest of the field to it.

L.P.
Old 12 Sep 2015, 08:59 (Ref:3573341)   #11
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jim hall is to wave the cars off on their green flag lap. I assume he still is interested in innovative sports cars.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/120768
Old 13 Sep 2015, 13:25 (Ref:3573600)   #12
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
I would agree on Wright and Starworks. Not so sure on Mazda, though the one has been absent of late. Makes for a 37-38 car grid as of now....
Which would be the most cars since Sebring. By comparison, there were 35 cars at Laguna Seca, 34 at Watkins Glen, and 33 at Road America.
Old 14 Sep 2015, 03:45 (Ref:3573727)   #13
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Probably my least favorite race of the season. Track is just super un-inspiring.
Old 14 Sep 2015, 05:57 (Ref:3573733)   #14
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Probably my least favorite race of the season. Track is just super un-inspiring.
For a new F1 track, I think it's pretty good with the esses and the substantial elevation changes. I'd rate it above Detroit at least. The selection of tracks in the Tudor series is outstanding though so it's up against some pretty tough competition. There's really no filler like the abysmal Homestead roval or the Indy roadcourse which I consider to be tracks to really be bummed about.
Old 14 Sep 2015, 16:24 (Ref:3573836)   #15
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Have you been to COTA? It's a lot better in person than it looks on TV. I enjoy it.
Old 14 Sep 2015, 18:04 (Ref:3573854)   #16
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Have you been to COTA? It's a lot better in person than it looks on TV. I enjoy it.
But still no match for the Sebrings/Road Americas/Laguna Secas!
Old 14 Sep 2015, 18:07 (Ref:3573857)   #17
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
But still no match for the Sebrings/Road Americas/Laguna Secas!
No argument from me, however I do think that COTA gets a bummed rep on these forums.
Old 14 Sep 2015, 18:10 (Ref:3573858)   #18
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
COTA

I was all set to come and spectate at this race last year...but the dispute lost my my chance to get a flight!

So despite my sons car not being as competitive this season, I still was keen to go and spectate...all flights and hotel booked....and guess what I had an accident recently whilst out training on my bicycle, and I've broken my Back and now unable to go now!

DOH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 14 Sep 2015, 19:40 (Ref:3573873)   #19
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennen View Post
I was all set to come and spectate at this race last year...but the dispute lost my my chance to get a flight!

So despite my sons car not being as competitive this season, I still was keen to go and spectate...all flights and hotel booked....and guess what I had an accident recently whilst out training on my bicycle, and I've broken my Back and now unable to go now!

DOH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Damn! Maybe next year? I hope to be there. I wanted to go this year, but no Nissan and Toyota being off pace its best to just wait especially with my limited funds!
Old 14 Sep 2015, 19:46 (Ref:3573874)   #20
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:

DOH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ouch. Get well soon and hopefully Ant and the Toyota boys pull off a nice upset.
Old 14 Sep 2015, 22:36 (Ref:3573907)   #21
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Quote:
....and guess what I had an accident recently whilst out training on my bicycle, and I've broken my Back and now unable to go now!

Mind, it could have been worse; you could have been rear-ended by a 458 GTE into Mulsanne...

Get better soon.
Old 15 Sep 2015, 04:10 (Ref:3573943)   #22
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Sorry to hear Rennen

Hope you make a quick recovery. What is it with tenthers falling off bikes recently? Hope Schmidders arms and jaw are healing good.
Old 15 Sep 2015, 11:31 (Ref:3573997)   #23
WMUCarGuy
Veteran

United States
WMUCarGuy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
I completely agree. I had the same mentality as ATL before I visited for the TUSC/WEC weekend last year. It's a fantastic place to watch a race and as mentioned a million times, the facilities are second-to-none.
Old 15 Sep 2015, 11:40 (Ref:3573999)   #24
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Cota

Thanks guys!

I was only 4 miles into Anthony's own 30 mile local training route he had done that very morning...Okay...it's own up time... I was trying to match his time and got through the right hand part of an S bend, but stacked it into the banking on the right hand side! Got knocked out for about 10 minutes...so have no recall of what actually happened! Ant' recons I understeered on some gravel there!
Old 15 Sep 2015, 12:29 (Ref:3574003)   #25
Coach Ep
Veteran

poor guy. Speedy recovery Rennen!