Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 14 Feb 2016, 17:06 (Ref:3614633)   #1
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Bob Baldwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
12 hours Sebring 2016

As some one who HAS NOT been to Sebring since the Merger , what changes do you see this year from a fans perspective ? Which tickets would you buy ? We are taking a new group of guys to this event for the first time
Old 14 Feb 2016, 21:19 (Ref:3614664)   #2
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I saw this topic just after I woke up and read it as 12 hours of Sepang...
Old 15 Feb 2016, 04:08 (Ref:3614743)   #3
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Baldwin View Post
As some one who HAS NOT been to Sebring since the Merger , what changes do you see this year from a fans perspective ? Which tickets would you buy ? We are taking a new group of guys to this event for the first time
Post up over at sebringfans.com
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 15 Feb 2016, 14:44 (Ref:3614833)   #4
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
provisional schedule:

http://www.imsa.com/sites/default/fi...g%20011316.pdf
Old 15 Feb 2016, 14:48 (Ref:3614834)   #5
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No track time on Wednesday again for the main attraction; I guess this is the new normal. :|
Old 15 Feb 2016, 15:30 (Ref:3614842)   #6
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
It seems like one of the guys wife called the track and was told " Even though your husband is a dis-abled vet you still must park OFF SITE and take a TRAM to the infield "

Does this make sense to anyone that has been there in the last few years ?
Old 15 Feb 2016, 16:18 (Ref:3614852)   #7
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
It seems like one of the guys wife called the track and was told " Even though your husband is a dis-abled vet you still must park OFF SITE and take a TRAM to the infield "

Does this make sense to anyone that has been there in the last few years ?
No, but I've never seen a tram at Sebring. You have to purchase an infield parking pass.
Old 15 Feb 2016, 17:50 (Ref:3614873)   #8
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Sebring has an FAQ section on their website. They do have some information about handicap access.

http://www.sebringraceway.com/fan-in...-accessibility
Old 15 Feb 2016, 18:44 (Ref:3614888)   #9
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
No, but I've never seen a tram at Sebring. You have to purchase an infield parking pass.
The tram runs around the paddock area. Hang out by 17 and you'll eventually see it go over the bridge.

Buy the normal parking pass and park inside the circuit. Wife must have been asking the wrong questions.

Looks like the FAQ just says whatever you want to do, it's accessible, not the requirement. Want to ride the tram? Accessible. Want to go up the pit tower? (Because you paid to do so) Accessible. Bathrooms? You guessed it. The list isn't a special handicapped ticket package.
Old 15 Feb 2016, 19:47 (Ref:3614915)   #10
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Also, maybe instead of calling, email the track. Maybe you can get specifics, or find a name of someone to contact.

I have never ridden the tram, nor paid that much attention to it. I think it goes in and out of the track, and along the 'midway'/front straight, and also into the paddock.

There is a Trackside section on this forum, and there were past threads on Sebring, but I don't remember any mention of handicap access before, but maybe it is worth a search?
Old 16 Feb 2016, 00:53 (Ref:3614999)   #11
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Isn't there a test coming up during the month of Feb? Will timing and scoring happen. If so then perhaps they wanted to bring back the pre-Sebring test for ALMS which was a big deal back in the days when Daytona was not on the schedule.
Old 16 Feb 2016, 01:30 (Ref:3615009)   #12
FLGTFAN
Racer

United States
Naples, Florida
FLGTFAN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Does anybody else think it's obscene that infield parking for this race is $55 per vehicle? I get that they don't want the joyriders, but choking off the traditional race fans is not going to help this event.
Old 16 Feb 2016, 01:53 (Ref:3615010)   #13
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLGTFAN View Post
Does anybody else think it's obscene that infield parking for this race is $55 per vehicle? I get that they don't want the joyriders, but choking off the traditional race fans is not going to help this event.
It's been going up $5 at a time every couple years or so. They've offered a black Friday or valentines special for free parking the last several years, but this year the only "special" was a free soft sided cooler. It's tempting to park for free just outside the track but if you're going to be there more than one day, or drink beer, it's better just to pay the parking fee. And it's $95 to park in the north paddock now, which doesn't really get you anything except a little farther away from the "cruisers" with the train horns.
Old 16 Feb 2016, 02:10 (Ref:3615014)   #14
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
And it's $95 to park in the north paddock now
HOLY $^(&_+&
Old 16 Feb 2016, 02:40 (Ref:3615018)   #15
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Lanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridLanky Turtle should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
HOLY $^(&_+&
Sorry I was wrong, that was the advanced sale price which ended today. Now it's a $100.
Old 16 Feb 2016, 03:05 (Ref:3615021)   #16
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanky Turtle View Post
Sorry I was wrong, that was the advanced sale price which ended today. Now it's a $100.
Oh well, easy come, easy go as they say. There are dancing girls, right?
Old 16 Feb 2016, 03:37 (Ref:3615024)   #17
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
So how and where is the free parking ? In our group we have 3 vets using walkers and 1 guy in a motorized wheel chair . Not sure what the ticket price will be to get access to the paddock and take a walk down pit road before the start of the race . Most of the guys were figuring their costs at about $100 for the day . Sounds like I am going to have to hit the ATM on the way down there .Not looking for free stuff but it sort of puts the strain on the guys with fixed incomes .
Old 16 Feb 2016, 04:29 (Ref:3615027)   #18
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
Free parking is on the outside of the ulmann straight and past t17. Bottom left of most track maps. Really sounds like you need to buy an infield parking pass. I'd say not many other people are happy about paying that much either.

Edit: To answer your original question as what ticket to buy as someone who has not been there since before the merger - buy the same ticket as before. Only prices have changed. Going two days? Buy two day superticket. There's no trick to getting around new prices.

Last edited by seanyb505; 16 Feb 2016 at 04:36.
Old 16 Feb 2016, 06:05 (Ref:3615035)   #19
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Quote:
So how and where is the free parking ? In our group we have 3 vets using walkers and 1 guy in a motorized wheel chair . Not sure what the ticket price will be to get access to the paddock and take a walk down pit road before the start of the race . Most of the guys were figuring their costs at about $100 for the day . Sounds like I am going to have to hit the ATM on the way down there .Not looking for free stuff but it sort of puts the strain on the guys with fixed incomes .
All tickets give access to the paddock and the pre race grid walk. That's the superticket which is now $85, $95, or $105 depending on whether you go 1, 2, or 3-4 days. That's the cheapest ticket and basically the one everyone there has. The only other tickets are upgrades to the area above pitroad which is mega $$. Your main problem is going to be that getting from the infield parking areas to the paddock or pit walk is going to require walking over the frontstretch bridges which sounds like it could be a problem with your group. In your case, I would park in the free lot and take the tram in. It will make a stop in the paddock so you won't have to climb up and down the steps on the bridges. Your only other option, if you can't make it over the bridges, is to pay the $100 for north paddock parking.
Old 16 Feb 2016, 06:23 (Ref:3615039)   #20
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Oh well, easy come, easy go as they say. There are dancing girls, right?
I don't know if I'd call it dancing, but there's definitely girls
Old 16 Feb 2016, 17:35 (Ref:3615165)   #21
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
Shame about the dancing girls, there is so little in life that can be depended on, and dancing girls would be one to hope for...

Here is a track map, notice handicap parking locations are marked: http://www.sebringraceway.com/fan-info/track-map
Old 16 Feb 2016, 18:34 (Ref:3615193)   #22
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky

I just called Sebring and was told that the best one day deal was park at gate 3 parking no cost to park then purchase a one day super ticket for $ 85.00 it gives access to ALL area's . The biggest concern was 2 of the guys have to return to the van at least twice to take injections during the day .

The biggest problem being that when you go in they take the bottom stub off your ticket if you DON't ask for a pass out when going to your car you will have to pay another $85 to get back in

I did ask what kind of displays were going to be on the midway beside the car corrals the lady I spoke with had no info on that . Anybody have any clues what that may be ?
Old 16 Feb 2016, 19:20 (Ref:3615211)   #23
Lanky Turtle
Veteran

Quote:
I just called Sebring and was told that the best one day deal was park at gate 3 parking no cost to park then purchase a one day super ticket for $ 85.00 it gives access to ALL area's . The biggest concern was 2 of the guys have to return to the van at least twice to take injections during the day .

The biggest problem being that when you go in they take the bottom stub off your ticket if you DON't ask for a pass out when going to your car you will have to pay another $85 to get back in

I did ask what kind of displays were going to be on the midway beside the car corrals the lady I spoke with had no info on that . Anybody have any clues what that may be ?
Gotta get those pass outs! Sometimes they don't ask for the pass outs back, like when riding the tram, so you can accumulate a few extras just in case. Most years there's a big Chevy display with Corvettes and Mazda has a display with street and racecars. But other than that the midway is mostly just food, food, and food, like at a fair. Most of the racing related displays (collectibles, shirts, books, art) are located behind pitroad by the paddock.
Old 16 Feb 2016, 19:50 (Ref:3615224)   #24
Bob Baldwin
Racer

United States
Shelbyville Ky
Lanky Turtle :

Thanks for the imput and comments . I did ask about the car corrals but the lady I spoke with did not have any info . Can't seem to find anything on the website about it . Seems as though I recall a few years back that Porsche , Ferrari and Aston Martin had their own seperate areas .

Any other thoughts on what 2 of the newbie sportscar guys might find interesting ?
Old 16 Feb 2016, 22:05 (Ref:3615277)   #25
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Any other thoughts on what 2 of the newbie sportscar guys might find interesting ?
Green Park has some interesting sites and sounds.

The paddock is nice a flat and worth the effort.
Most of the viewing mounds denoted on the track map provide some nice enough views.

I love Sebring but it's huge. Buy the pass. Get the van in. Cruise the vets to different viewing points with the van doors open with a bucket of beads.