Old 18 Sep 2003, 22:58 (Ref:723601)   #1
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Newbury Park, CA, United States
Muzza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
More than 16 cars in GPL?

Fellows,

(question from someone who plays Grand Prix Legends for fifteen minutes every eight months, if so)

Is it somehow possible to race against more than fifteen cars?

GPL with 40 cars would be amazing - but maybe terminally taxing on the CPU...

Cheers,

Muzza
Old 19 Sep 2003, 06:55 (Ref:723779)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
From someone who drives GPL (I don't play it - its a sim, not a game ) every 15 minutes, I believe you can race up to 19 opponents anyway. I don't believe the numbers can be increased from that, however. Anything more and you'd be really struggling with fps at the start (in particular) and the carnage into Curva Grande or Eau Rouge (for instance) would be disastrous!
Old 19 Sep 2003, 07:13 (Ref:723800)   #3
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You can't have more than 20 cars in a race. Unless you want to reprogram the game. Nobody has bothered to do that. To be honest, having 20 cars to beat is plenty...
Old 19 Sep 2003, 17:37 (Ref:724459)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep, the fun comes with an offline race. Full grid, no practice - when you start at the back and win. At Monza, from the back I'd expect to be up to at least 10th by Curva Grande (despite the AI cars being quicker off the line, they're dead slow accelerating to CG). I would hope to be up to 4th or 5th by the end of the lap and in the lead by the end of lap 3. By the end of a 10-lapper, I'd expect to be the best part of 30 seconds to the good......
Old 20 Sep 2003, 09:48 (Ref:724894)   #5
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And i'd expect to be in a startline pile-up, last by CG, then hit someone going into Lesmo 1, another pile-up.
Finally finish the lap in 18th, and probably remain there for the rest of the race, because i could never get higher than about 10th beofre spinning it away again
Old 20 Sep 2003, 14:49 (Ref:725011)   #6
Muzza
Veteran

Brazil
Newbury Park, CA, United States
Muzza should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pirenzo,

Somehow my GPL achievements are similar to yours...

No kidding, it is a wonderful simulation, and I regret not having the time to explore it seriously.

Sometime ago I found a link to the Isle of Man Mountain Circuit track - wow, that would be a challenge! And how on Earth someone managed to program that...

Cheers,

Muzza
Old 20 Sep 2003, 14:54 (Ref:725012)   #7
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Muzza, i can drive fast enough, don't get me wrong, but, my computer can't handle many cars in one race. Every time i close up on a car, the frames drop, and i lose control

As for programming tracks, it's not difficult, but it does take a lot of time.
Old 20 Sep 2003, 15:41 (Ref:725027)   #8
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Although I have it, I haven't yet driven the Isle of Man course. But I am told it is the best track ever developed for GPL.
Old 20 Sep 2003, 16:14 (Ref:725051)   #9
bgeorge104
Racer

United Kingdom
London, UK
bgeorge104 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Two things where did u get Isle of Man course from & when I launch Winvroc I get the following error, The Procedure entry point RichEdit10ANSIWndProc could not be located in the dunamic lenk library RICHED20.dll. when you click OK you get the same error again, click OK again then the program seems to load, says logging into VROC, please wait.... & sits there. I see the chat from other but thats it.

What have I done wrong, it was a clean install of VROC, any ideas please?
Old 20 Sep 2003, 17:17 (Ref:725106)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
george - delete (or rename) the RICHED20.DLL. Its a standard new VROC user problem.
Old 20 Sep 2003, 18:38 (Ref:725139)   #11
bgeorge104
Racer

United Kingdom
London, UK
bgeorge104 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Aysedasi, no errors now but just seems to sit there will trying to log into VROC, please wait.....

Where did you download the Isle of Man circuit from please & can you play it on your own offline?

Bernard George
Old 20 Sep 2003, 19:00 (Ref:725152)   #12
Dani Filth
Race Official
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest
Dani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDani Filth should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
try here .. most tracks are linked here
http://magnust.d2g.com/

Ciao Marco
Old 21 Sep 2003, 00:17 (Ref:725292)   #13
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
http://jrpearson.homestead.com/IsleOFMan.html

Last edited by pirenzo; 21 Sep 2003 at 00:19.
Old 21 Sep 2003, 07:59 (Ref:725403)   #14
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by bgeorge104
Thanks Aysedasi, no errors now but just seems to sit there will trying to log into VROC, please wait.....

Where did you download the Isle of Man circuit from please & can you play it on your own offline?

Bernard George

Yes, like any other track you can run it offline.

The other thing you need to do george is to reset your GPL "path" in VROC options - even if it looks right. It should say

C:\SIERRA\gpl\

Assuming that Sierra and gpl are on your C drive. The slash at the end is all-important. It won't work without it.