Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 9 May 2005, 17:54 (Ref:1298533)   #1
awegrzyn
Racer

awegrzyn has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Hm...

I wonder if they are going to show up in Ohio.
I'm concerned with the entry list already and if they won't shop up in Ohio I'm not driving there this summer. For the last few years I was in Ohio during
the ALMS weekand, but the entry lists in ALMS these days are so weak, that I propably won't go this year.

Andrzej
Old 9 May 2005, 20:21 (Ref:1298534)   #2
sportscarsRULE
Racer

United States
Bristol, TN
sportscarsRULE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by awegrzyn
I wonder if they are going to show up in Ohio.
I'm concerned with the entry list already and if they won't shop up in Ohio I'm not driving there this summer. For the last few years I was in Ohio during
the ALMS weekand, but the entry lists in ALMS these days are so weak, that I propably won't go this year.

Andrzej
So not even the potential battle the Maserati (with reduced restrictions) may have with the Vettes will get you there? Nor will the battle Panoz will have with Porsche in GT2? And if Dyson doesn't have a freak mechanical problem on the pace lap, they should battle the champion cars too.
Old 9 May 2005, 20:31 (Ref:1298535)   #3
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not forgetting the LMP 2 battle, the Intersport, Miracle and Mazda battle is always very intruiging for me and is always extremely close. 3 top machines there which always provide some of the best racing in the ALMS.
Old 9 May 2005, 23:26 (Ref:1298536)   #4
Audi R8R
Racer

Audi R8R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
Not forgetting the LMP 2 battle, the Intersport, Miracle and Mazda battle is always very intruiging for me and is always extremely close. 3 top machines there which always provide some of the best racing in the ALMS.

Think you're missing the point Saleen S7R. If Jon Field has been arrested, Intersport probably won't even be there! So your battle in LMP2 won't take place!!
Old 10 May 2005, 01:10 (Ref:1298537)   #5
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
No disrespect to these interesting, and well run cars, but I'd hardly characterize their battles as close so far.

I do hope they are at Ohio though.
Old 10 May 2005, 07:10 (Ref:1298540)   #6
I love 04s
Racer

United Kingdom
I love 04s has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Not forgetting the LMP1 battle either if the rumours are correct about Zytek going, imagine that for a race, the works Zytek, 2 Audis and Dysons Lolas. That will be a hell of a race wont it - definitely worth making the trip.
Old 10 May 2005, 12:49 (Ref:1298541)   #7
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As for Mazda versus Miracle, let's be charitable and remember it was the first race out for the new Renesis, and assume they'll have had a chance to work on the power.

As for the Zytek coming to MO, I have high hopes that - regardless of the LM entry list outcome - I get to see that beautiful and fast car in person, finally. Two Audis vs two Dysons is still a formidable battle, but it would prove that much more interesting if Shimoda and Chilton were able to come and show us just how good that car is. Some ALMS fans got to see Creation last year, and they were stellar at Laguna...
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 10 May 2005, 13:11 (Ref:1298542)   #8
full throttle
Racer

full throttle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul-collins
As for Mazda versus Miracle, let's be charitable and remember it was the first race out for the new Renesis, and assume they'll have had a chance to work on the power.

As for the Zytek coming to MO, I have high hopes that - regardless of the LM entry list outcome - I get to see that beautiful and fast car in person, finally. Two Audis vs two Dysons is still a formidable battle, but it would prove that much more interesting if Shimoda and Chilton were able to come and show us just how good that car is. Some ALMS fans got to see Creation last year, and they were stellar at Laguna...
From what I gather from Mazda sources, they have little chance to make up much time on the competition because they feel their restrictor sizes are too small. they are currently lobbying for a change but don'y expect much very soon. I personally believe the team has some catching up to do as well. they were much more than 2-3 secs off the pace at Atlanta. More like 4-5 secs generally during the race and practice..
Old 10 May 2005, 15:36 (Ref:1298543)   #9
awegrzyn
Racer

awegrzyn has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
...hmm

If Creation were supposed to show up at MO we would know for sure by now.
I got discouraged by watching Spa event on tv. So many prototypes and different entries; beautiful.
Old 10 May 2005, 15:48 (Ref:1298544)   #10
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not Creation, the factory Zytek. Plans still not finalized (right 04s?), despite what Autosport said. But it's a strong possibility they'll make it.

You're right, though, this is cutting it close.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 10 May 2005, 21:28 (Ref:1298546)   #11
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm going because:

1. The action will be great...both in the ALMS and the support races...

2. I want to HEAR the Mazda LMP2....and

3. It is the closest ALMS venue to where I live....

Now the only thing missing for me is AutoCon....

But I sure won't miss the Mid-Ohio race weekend...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 10 May 2005, 22:29 (Ref:1298547)   #12
Spiteful
Racer

Belgium
Spiteful should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Northcutt
2. I want to HEAR the Mazda LMP2....
Does anyone have any recordings of the mazda engine? I know it was on a french site a while ago but I missed it because I've had problems with my connection (well I went waaaaay over my down limit )
Old 11 May 2005, 07:29 (Ref:1298549)   #13
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
Check out this thread (Bentley's post)...

Regarding the topic of this thread, we're drifting seriously of course...
You're right. Way, way, way off topic, Fab. About time you took control of the situation!!!

Anyway, to continue off topic ( ), there is a better link to hear the sounds of a rotary engine. Jag posted them here.
Old 11 May 2005, 09:28 (Ref:1298550)   #14
I love 04s
Racer

United Kingdom
I love 04s has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Continuing off topic,

Deos anyone know whether Zytek are going or not, i may make my way accross if they are but will watch the TV if they are not???

Surely we should know by now whether they are going or not!
Old 11 May 2005, 10:34 (Ref:1298551)   #15
Spiteful
Racer

Belgium
Spiteful should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had enjoyed the 787B before, I guess the new engine doesn't sound that different. The news of april 7 isn't available anymore Fab
But still thanks
Old 11 May 2005, 16:41 (Ref:1298553)   #16
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Off topic again but the noise of that Mazda... ohhh I wish they could suddenly decide to go to the Silverstone LMES round!! that's booootiful