Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 2 Mar 2003, 01:56 (Ref:521989)   #1
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
what do you want?

What makes a good clubmans meeting (lets not go off on one about entry fees). I've always like meetings at Combe, a good show always and a great track. Also the local series are always interesting, maybe I'd whack in a mixed bag race and put the whole show on at Brands on the GP. thoughts? what series would people have?
Old 2 Mar 2003, 09:50 (Ref:522184)   #2
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about a "killing two birds with one stone" meeting?

Using Brands Hatch as an example...

Whippets, athletes, motorbikes, cars, horses, midgets, chariot racing, wife-carrying etc. I could go on. ONe race after another from all categories - all kinds of objects racing one another.

This would attract spectators from a very broad spectrum of society. = more of a crowd.

We need to be entertained.

Imagine Roman-Chariot Horse racing thru paddock hill bend at Brands?! Jostling gladiators fighting each other as they bustle thru Graham Hill bend. They can use sticks. MAKES YOU THINK... Thats how it was in the old days.

And we could have loads of shifty characters weaving amongst the crowd offering odds on who will win what race. They could carry wooden boxes to stand on.

Night chariot racing with flames alongside the track. ANd one of the two riders on the chariot MUST carry a torch. Flame torch or batteries. Doesnt matter. I guess it could be the one who carries the stick to hit the others.

And there must be a GIGANTIC bonfire in the middle of the track. TO be lit at dusk. (This is in addition to the small fires around the track.)

Just a thought.
Old 4 Mar 2003, 13:02 (Ref:524440)   #3
DavidStHubbins
Veteran

United Kingdom
DavidStHubbins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so no takers?

geese.
Old 4 Mar 2003, 13:07 (Ref:524446)   #4
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
indeed
Old 5 Mar 2003, 18:55 (Ref:525916)   #5
Elio
Veteran

Elio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"Nurse!, David`s out of bed again!"
Old 5 Mar 2003, 19:29 (Ref:525956)   #6
AndyF
Veteran

AndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndyF should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hmm can't really see that catching on somehow.

I think David may be in need of his medication again !!
Old 5 Mar 2003, 23:19 (Ref:526133)   #7
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Who remebers Brands when they had TWO race meetings on at the same time-ON THE SHORT CIRCUIT!!! I kid you not-they had stock cars around the (it was bigger then) Clearways loop while cars turned sharp right up the hill off the bottom straight (like the rallycross circuit)round Paddock/Druids/Graham Hill (Bottom Bend in those days)and back round for another lap!! Can you imaginethat now? Personaly I'd like to finnish off the meetings with a good ol' Demolition Derby-hang on...don't they call them Clio races now?
Old 5 Mar 2003, 23:29 (Ref:526141)   #8
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Come to Ipswich on the 22nd and you may find your wish granted. Not the stock rods/stock hatches I hasten to add, but something else that is planned!!
Old 5 Mar 2003, 23:47 (Ref:526149)   #9
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
go on rod
Old 9 Mar 2003, 20:18 (Ref:530540)   #10
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its "snapper baz's" request for a demolition derby. If there is time there may be one at Ipswich on March 22nd for the bangers. If not there will be one at Wimbledon on April 13th on the figure of eight. BriSCA Formula ones are at this meeting as well.
Old 9 Mar 2003, 23:50 (Ref:530791)   #11
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ooh might jump on the tram for that.