Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 14 Feb 2003, 19:09 (Ref:506793)   #16
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've got nothing against HSCC, it's just that particular race wasn't the most attention grabbing. Unfortunately it doesn't look as if I'll be at a HSCC meeting this year as the Mallory date clashes with Silverstone F3.
Old 14 Feb 2003, 22:19 (Ref:507017)   #17
Old Ropey
Racer

Old Ropey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting point from a competitor's view. Living where we do, Croft is a 400 mile round trip, Snetterton 850, I'll leave you to work out Lydden, the longer the race the better though I am talking sprint races. 20 minutes is about the max duration, maybe 30 with a small extra tank.
What was not good enough last year was 12 laps, 47 secs, at Mallory.
Do competitors ever get asked how long a race they would like? I do feel that race length should be on the entry form and not something decided once entries are in, and the money in the bank of course.
Any comments?
Old 14 Feb 2003, 23:03 (Ref:507087)   #18
DSM
Veteran

DSM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I absolutely agree OR.I think that 20 minute races - at least 15 - should be the norm, and preferably double headers to minimise travel / accomodation costs. Ona 15 minute qualifying and a 9 or 10 minute race for 175 pound entry is a joke. Unfortunately, nobody's listening.
Old 14 Feb 2003, 23:03 (Ref:507090)   #19
DSM
Veteran

DSM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For Ona read One!!
Old 24 Feb 2003, 21:05 (Ref:516477)   #20
Rod Birley
Veteran

England
West Kingsdown (near Brands Hatch)
Rod Birley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just heard the BRSCC entry fees have gone up,again. 190 for Brands for probably 15 laps. They blame the circuit owners for hiking up the rental fee.
Old 25 Feb 2003, 13:00 (Ref:517127)   #21
PenelopePitstop
Racer

European Union
PenelopePitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have competeted in the MGCC Enduro Races, which are seriously good value for money at Silverstone, we had testing on the Friday, Practice and the race (i think of 50 Mins), complete with driver change. Thisa worked out to be less than 100 each! Last year I raced in the Metro cup in mostley 15 minute races, which is plenty long enough at Rockingham or Pembury (we where then caught in the paddock until the JCC 100 race had finished)in the wet, but the smile was just getting to its largest at Cadwell, Snetterton & Silverstone and the started waving the black & white game over flag.
Old 26 Feb 2003, 00:24 (Ref:517806)   #22
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A seriously radical, possibly even silly suggestion coming up. Small grids are no fun for anyone. Short races are expensive and frustrating for the competitors. Clubs need maximum resources from the meeting. Why not amalgamate a few series, but run the races for twice as long. Better still, shorten practice to a minimum and triple the race length. As long as the cars are of similar performance, can anyone losE by this? More fun, better value for money = more cars.