Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 6 May 2012, 07:58 (Ref:3070131)   #76
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
R8

R9

Series Points

3 SBR cars in the top 10 looks good.. the order changing may be interesting for future rounds too....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 6 May 2012, 09:31 (Ref:3070160)   #77
Blackpearl
Racer

Blackpearl is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
R8

R9

Series Points

3 SBR cars in the top 10 looks good.. the order changing may be interesting for future rounds too....
When was 11th in the top ten? Your links are all wrong.
Old 6 May 2012, 09:33 (Ref:3070161)   #78
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackpearl View Post
When was 11th in the top ten? Your links are all wrong.
He means in the championhip...

One of the links has been put in twice.
Old 6 May 2012, 09:39 (Ref:3070163)   #79
Blackpearl
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
He means in the championhip...

One of the links has been put in twice.
I know what he ment, maybe he needs to stop trying so hard to be the first poster of news.

Quality over quantity.
Old 6 May 2012, 09:41 (Ref:3070165)   #80
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
I know what he ment, maybe he needs to stop trying so hard to be the first poster of news.
Feel free to post it up yourself if you can do it better
Old 6 May 2012, 09:44 (Ref:3070166)   #81
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:

Quality over quantity.
Personally, I think GTR is doing a fine job.
Old 6 May 2012, 09:56 (Ref:3070175)   #82
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, he's alright.

Could be nicer to DJR though
Old 6 May 2012, 10:31 (Ref:3070182)   #83
Blackpearl
Racer

Quote:
Feel free to post it up yourself if you can do it better
Ill just watch the races, look at the points when I wish. Have a life outside of the web.
Old 6 May 2012, 10:35 (Ref:3070184)   #84
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Ill just watch the races, look at the points when I wish. Have a life outside of the web.
Yet you felt the need to post saying 'maybe he needs to stop trying so hard to be the first poster of news'
Old 6 May 2012, 13:14 (Ref:3070216)   #85
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Check the footage gramps (dont forget your glasses, the clear ones tho )
Quote:
This just in, Sizzle is god!

Check the footage, they show the replay from in Reynolds car. It doesn't matter which way you look at it, Frosty turns left and causes the first contact.
Nah not God, just there at turn 7 watching it with the clear glasses on!
Old 6 May 2012, 16:49 (Ref:3070274)   #86
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Nah not God, just there at turn 7 watching it with the clear glasses on!
I was watching it on TV, with 4 different angles, not one fixed angle from 50 metres away that doesn't tell the whole story

The view from reynolds car shows exactly what Frosty did.
Old 6 May 2012, 19:48 (Ref:3070339)   #87
Steve Holmes
Racer

New Zealand
New Zealand
Steve Holmes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Anybody want a job as the safety car controller or safety car driver?

Did Ms Anderson pick up the wrong orange Commodore, or was she instructed to do so?

Uncle Roland isnt too pleased... neither is Mr Stone...

Will a change be made, or is it back to blame free city?
That was just shameful. And whats worse, they then just stuck their heads in the sand and pretended it never happened, let the race go green again without correcting their mistake. When a driver or team gets something wrong, they get penalised. These teams spend millions of dollars in this sport and decisions like this can affect where a driver finishes at the end of the season, and sponsors make their decisions based on results. They might as well draw the qualifying spots by drivers pulling their grid positions out of a hat. I rarely feel the need to complain, but that was a poor display.
Old 6 May 2012, 23:46 (Ref:3070456)   #88
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I was watching it on TV, with 4 different angles, not one fixed angle from 50 metres away that doesn't tell the whole story

The view from reynolds car shows exactly what Frosty did.
Whatever
Old 7 May 2012, 01:07 (Ref:3070469)   #89
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Whatever
Good answer.........anybody trying to talk sense into him is wasting their time.
Old 7 May 2012, 04:07 (Ref:3070476)   #90
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
Good answer.........anybody trying to talk sense into him is wasting their time.
Agree
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 7 May 2012, 04:37 (Ref:3070479)   #91
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesport View Post
lolwat? You three have basically dismissed the evidence solely on the fact you guys are one eyed. I'm neutral, and i call it as i see it (even if its my fav driver who is in the wrong)
Old 7 May 2012, 06:19 (Ref:3070492)   #92
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
lolwat? You three have basically dismissed the evidence solely on the fact you guys are one eyed. I'm neutral, and i call it as i see it (even if its my fav driver who is in the wrong)
I think you will find that sizzle is a holden supporter........so his opinion carries some weight and he surely can't be accused of bias.
Old 7 May 2012, 06:30 (Ref:3070495)   #93
St00ge
Veteran

St00ge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugger All View Post
Watched the 7 coverage and was a bit curious. When GT had all of his problems it seemed there was a fire vehicle that should have been helping him was bogged in the sand trap in the background? Later on it seemed they were pushing it out? Come on did it really get bogged?

haha I was directly across from that at the club house and it was ****ing funny, the fire ute got where the new pit lane entry was it was still recovering from the works so was mainly sand with grass growing back, he came flying in and jumped on the brakes and just got bogged in the wet sand..
Old 7 May 2012, 06:33 (Ref:3070496)   #94
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yawn... anyway, who had access to the race management channel to hear what was said between Schenken and the Safety Car? that should clear all the issues up with the Safety Car as to who did (or didn't) do what.

Surprised that Ch7 doesn't record this stuff for playback so they can check their info... oh wait that's right because V8SCTV does the packaging... helpful isn't it??
Old 7 May 2012, 11:39 (Ref:3070607)   #95
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Anybody want a job as the safety car controller or safety car driver?

Did Ms Anderson pick up the wrong orange Commodore, or was she instructed to do so?

Uncle Roland isnt too pleased... neither is Mr Stone...

Will a change be made, or is it back to blame free city?
Wasn't one of the GTP 3 hours races at Bathurst declared null and void after a similar pace car stuff-up?

Interestingly the AFL has stood down two timekeepers for getting it wrong over the weekend.

Will similar sanctions apply in this instance.........
Old 7 May 2012, 12:19 (Ref:3070616)   #96
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Who do they pin this one on? Mr Schenken, or Thelma and Louise in the GTR?
Old 7 May 2012, 13:52 (Ref:3070659)   #97
Rick76
Rookie

Rick76 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My view on MW vs GT is that MW clearly initiated first contact before GT gave him one back.

It's shame GT and Reynolds came together as it would have been fun watching a fired up Winterbottom and Tander battle it out for a few laps.

Re. Safety Car - V8SC have stated that "the correct protocols were observed". So their angle is that they did the right thing according to their current procedures. Hopefully they will revise those procedures
Old 7 May 2012, 15:00 (Ref:3070688)   #98
b195
Rookie

b195 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would agree with what is said there, however that misses the exit from the previous corner (Kolb), where Frosty drives up the inside of Tander with a significant overlap. However Tander continues to move over on Winterbottom, with both Frosty's and Reynolds' onboard cameras indicating that Tander pushed Frosty very close to the edge of the track.

So as I see it, it goes: Tander squeezes Frosty out of Kolb, Frosty moves back at Tander, contact is made, they separate, then Tander moves back towards Winterbottom and contact is made again. To me that means Tander's moves initiated both contacts, the first one indirectly (by pushing Winterbottom so far to the right despite him already having an overlap) and the second one directly. If Winterbottom hadn't been alongside the first move might have made sense (ie to block a car attempting to pass), and even if you get squeezed, there should also be a limit as to how far a squeezed driver pushes back, but I felt Frosty was within his rights to move Tander back to the left considering Tander had just done the same thing to him.

All in all, I think no action was a fair enough decision - I couldn't blame either Tander or Reynolds "enough" to lay the blame at either of their door enough to deserve a penalty.

What I didn't see was where Tander said "when Whincup passed me, he's on softs, that's cool he was passing me, but he just sort of hit me and ran me wide and Winterbottom got up the inside". The only time Whincup and Tander appeared to get close was just as Whincup was completing the pass. I'm not even sure the two cars even made contact, and if so it was just a minor bumper graze, and it wasn't as if Whincup ran anything other than the line one would expect the passing car to take at that point anyway...

Re the safety car, as I understand in the case of a serious incident (fire/rollover/track blockage) they just take the first available car but in general they take the leader, though it seems the rules aren't quite written that way (but rules and how they are interpreted can be two different things).

I certainly can't remember the last time they didn't take the leader apart from when Bezzy won at Symmons Plains in 2004 (the SC there triggered by a more serious crash). I certainly don't think this time it was a serious enough incident to warrant not picking up the leader. So yes, the SC probably was implemented correctly, but OTOH, it isn't how it has been implemented in 99% of cases AFAIK. Hopefully some improvement or clarification will improve matters for the future (fingers crossed).
Old 7 May 2012, 21:40 (Ref:3070878)   #99
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Can anyone tell me why Whincup wasn't penalised during Race 2 when he had Frosty all over his rear end, then Frosty clearly made the pass on the corner but Whincup ran wide into the run-off area (clearly outside the kerb line) and due to his quicker exit speed (through not sticking to the racing line) took the place back?

I know that in other instances if you gain a clear advantage by going off track you must give the place back, but Whincup failed to do so and no directive or penalty was issued. It didn't matter in the end as Frosty got him anyway, but is it a case of one rule for Vodafone Holden and another rule for everyone else?
Old 8 May 2012, 00:06 (Ref:3070929)   #100
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
Can anyone tell me why Whincup wasn't penalised during Race 2 when he had Frosty all over his rear end, then Frosty clearly made the pass on the corner but Whincup ran wide into the run-off area (clearly outside the kerb line) and due to his quicker exit speed (through not sticking to the racing line) took the place back?

I know that in other instances if you gain a clear advantage by going off track you must give the place back, but Whincup failed to do so and no directive or penalty was issued. It didn't matter in the end as Frosty got him anyway, but is it a case of one rule for Vodafone Holden and another rule for everyone else?
Probably no penalty because Whincup didn't cut any corners........he actually went the long way round.........no protest from any other teams.