Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 10 May 2012, 10:40 (Ref:3072149)   #1
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Peat's Tracks

Well, seeing as i doodle all day and now have a drawer full of circuit designs, i'd thought i'd throw my hat into the ring and share.

These are all relativley recent creations. I suppose they are aimed at being Cat.B circuits. I try to include consideration for safety and infrastructure (when i can be arnoux-ed).

Here:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 10 May 2012, 10:58 (Ref:3072163)   #2
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
#1 I really like as an International or GP length circuit. The only thing I'd change would be to make the the infield less of a "there and back" using the same sequence of corners. Does that make sense ?

#2 reminds me of the type of design I used to post. from my own eye the only comment would be on the chicane at the top, I'd have the more open left hander first with the slightly longer run into the tighter chicane. But that's very much a personal opinion.

#3 at the right scale it's a good little clubbie, perhaps set at around 2 miles in length.

#4 You have a lot of details drawn in , could you possibly post that one on it's own? I know our American contributors will like the idea of having the two sections capable of being run independently.

A very nice entry into the My Track Designs area
Old 10 May 2012, 11:25 (Ref:3072182)   #3
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Track4:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 10 May 2012, 14:05 (Ref:3072270)   #4
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
All I can see is the A1 Ring when I see 4. I like it, though, mind you.

Selby
Old 25 Jun 2012, 12:41 (Ref:3097749)   #5
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
#2 is very reminiscent of an old SBF-track.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying there's foul play - it's just funny how tracks can be so similar if the minds creatin them are similar

I like these, BTW.

bio
Old 13 Jul 2012, 09:47 (Ref:3105950)   #6
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Oxford Airport Circuit

Idea for a temporary road-course around London-Oxford (Kidlington) Airport. (http://goo.gl/maps/IDhO)

Roughly 2.2 miles in length. Additional paving not obtrusive to day to day running of the secondary grass runway.

Suitable for Touring Cars and National single seaters.
Old 13 Jul 2012, 09:52 (Ref:3105956)   #7
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Yeh, love it! Really cool. Simple, effective. Rekon it would be fun bashing around in some touring cars!

Selby
Old 17 Aug 2012, 11:26 (Ref:3121040)   #8
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf

Idea for a kart track that grew from a doodle.

Plot of land surrounded by earth banks for noise deadning. Layout incorporates 2 pitlanes so corporate events and club meetings can go on in unison. Several layout options. When not in use, the corporate track can be used as part of a longer loop.

Central clubhouse/hospitality centre gives access to both pitlanes and holds storage/workshop for rental fleet.

Corporate track parking and club track truck/awning space is detailed (in pencil, so doesn't show too well on scan)

Really should have done some proper work this morning, but hey, it's the nearly the weekend!