Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 17 Jul 2012, 19:03 (Ref:3107678)   #1
CJDJ500
Rookie

United Kingdom
CJDJ500 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chesterfield Street Circuit

I have always wanted a street race in my home town of Chesterfield. Not because I live there, of course; it's because of the unique "motorway" concept this track brings to the racing environment, as the track flows from one side to the other going in the opposite direction.

The track is roughly 2.5 miles in length and contains 19 demanding corners. It is also very narrow, giving drivers the best challenge of being in the right place at the right time, no matter if they are amateur or expert.

There are a few corners with specific names to them. This is a list showing them:

Memorial Curve (T19): Called this be
cause of the nearby church.
Lordsmill (T13): Named after the roundabout used for this corner.
South Derby (T9): Named after the city that is 24 miles from Chesterfield and the "south" part of the name is the direction from Chesterfield to Derby.
Brimington Common (T6): Named after a nearby village area.

It is a very high speed track with cars exceeding 200mph down the long curves and the staightaways, creating good opportunities to overtake. The roundabouts that are used in this course are also very demanding, as they turn back on themselves making the drivers' arms ache, and are sometimes very narrow if you are alongside another driver. A vast variety of challenges to look forward too.

Below Left: A birds-eye view of the circuit layout from Google Maps. This also shows surroundings of the circuit.
Below Right: The same circuit layout except without the Google Maps.
Attached Thumbnails
Chesterfield Street Circuit.png   Chesterfield Street Circuit 2.png  
Old 17 Jul 2012, 22:38 (Ref:3107760)   #2
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Avus ... the German's did it bigger more than 90 years ago.
Old 18 Jul 2012, 03:40 (Ref:3107815)   #3
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJDJ500 View Post
I have always wanted a street race in my home town of Chesterfield. Not because I live there, of course; it's because of the unique "motorway" concept this track brings to the racing environment, as the track flows from one side to the other going in the opposite direction.

The track is roughly 2.5 miles in length and contains 19 demanding corners. It is also very narrow, giving drivers the best challenge of being in the right place at the right time, no matter if they are amateur or expert.

There are a few corners with specific names to them. This is a list showing them:

Memorial Curve (T19): Called this be
cause of the nearby church.
Lordsmill (T13): Named after the roundabout used for this corner.
South Derby (T9): Named after the city that is 24 miles from Chesterfield and the "south" part of the name is the direction from Chesterfield to Derby.
Brimington Common (T6): Named after a nearby village area.

It is a very high speed track with cars exceeding 200mph down the long curves and the staightaways, creating good opportunities to overtake. The roundabouts that are used in this course are also very demanding, as they turn back on themselves making the drivers' arms ache, and are sometimes very narrow if you are alongside another driver. A vast variety of challenges to look forward too.

Below Left: A birds-eye view of the circuit layout from Google Maps. This also shows surroundings of the circuit.
Below Right: The same circuit layout except without the Google Maps.
Certainly unique!
Old 18 Jul 2012, 17:41 (Ref:3108091)   #4
CJDJ500
Rookie

United Kingdom
CJDJ500 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
AVUS Comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Avus ... the German's did it bigger more than 90 years ago.
True... But still, this could be a unique circuit for the future of british motorsport. It could also be desicribed as the "mini AVUS" or the "British AVUS" if you like.
Old 19 Jul 2012, 00:20 (Ref:3108296)   #5
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJDJ500 View Post
True... But still, this could be a unique circuit for the future of british motorsport. It could also be desicribed as the "mini AVUS" or the "British AVUS" if you like.
Good ideas you've got going there.