Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 30 Jul 2012, 08:03 (Ref:3113582)   #1
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Thompson Motor Speedway - RallyCross

Was up there today watching Tour modifieds when this one came into my head.

Thompson has no issues with things tearing up grass, or laying down dirt so this is entirely possible.

The start gate is halfway down the pit road going towards the NASCAR pit entrance. Competitors will rocket down the pit lane in reverse, making a slight turn to the right, before making a sharp left turn out of the NASCAR pits, and up onto to baking in NASCAR 3/4. From there they'll go full throttle down the 5/8 mile oval's front straight, past the flagstand before making the left turn across the inside wall opening, and onto the first dirt section. After this big left hander they'll be onto the ovals back straight, heading for NASCAR 3. When they get there though they'll need to jam on the brakes and pull the handbrake for the 180 onto the infield, and the second dirt portion of the track. They'll go down the infield towards NASCAR 1/2 with a barrier on drivers left as to avoid coming in contact with the facilities scoreboard. After passing that, they'll set up for the turn back onto the NASCAR pit lane, a half dirt, half WIDE metal ramp for the transition over the pit wall. The dirt will be built up to the pit wall, about 30 feet wide, and a corresponding metal ramp will go from the top of the pit wall to the pit road pavement, just so they don't have to do a slow, violent drop onto the pit road.

Joker lap would continue onto NASCAR 1, before making a hard left in the middle of the corner, across the T1/2 inside grass and onto the NASCAR pit exit, to rejoin the competitors down the back straight.

Finish line would be the current NASCAR flagstand. The dirt section in the infield would contain a small tabletop. I've messed around in iRacing with the MX5 on this layout and it seems really fun, only having to spin around the end of the pit wall due to noit being able to put the ramp in place for the transition over.
Old 3 Aug 2012, 19:39 (Ref:3115758)   #2
the_calculator
Rookie

Netherlands
the_calculator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like your track very much.
I really like the way you have solved the obstacles with a dirt ramp; I have never really watched rallycross but is it common to do it like this?

Great presentation too.
Old 3 Aug 2012, 19:44 (Ref:3115760)   #3
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_calculator View Post
I like your track very much.
I really like the way you have solved the obstacles with a dirt ramp; I have never really watched rallycross but is it common to do it like this?

Great presentation too.
Agreed.