Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 31 Jul 2012, 00:32 (Ref:3114033)   #1
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Busan International Circuit

Just thought I'd post another one of my street circuits. This one is located in Busan, South Korea, which has some of the widest roads in the world. This is like the Korean version of Macau... fast, tricky, and unique. Give me your thoughts.

It's 3.58 miles long, and here's the g-map link. http://www.gmap-pedometer.com?r=5586781

By beetlejuice21 at 2012-07-30

By beetlejuice21 at 2012-07-30
Old 31 Jul 2012, 06:46 (Ref:3114069)   #2
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The flow is great, but I'm sorry to say there appear to be way less runoff problems in Macau than at Busan. It already begins in your Turn 1. Due to the highway and the coastline, there is just no space to fit a runoff area in.

Please find ways to make the circuit safer. Also, I get the feeling you might be blocking an important access road to a bridge on the eastern side of the circuit.

For fantasy racing and gaming, it's a very good effort, but the reality check does not go down well with it - so far that is.
Old 31 Jul 2012, 08:26 (Ref:3114093)   #3
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
I'm afraid i have to agree with Yannick. In terms of run-offs, it would work better in reverse.

Off topic: That bridge is brilliant! Mr.Korean "I'm fed-up of spending hours driving across town, let's just build a MASSIVE bypass bride. It's genius!
Old 1 Aug 2012, 00:37 (Ref:3114471)   #4
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Thanks for the responses, guys! Not a professional yet, but I'm still working on it.
Old 29 Aug 2012, 15:56 (Ref:3126976)   #5
CJDJ500
Rookie

United Kingdom
CJDJ500 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Overall, I like the track layout, but then again, it does create quite a few issues- i.e. the track blocks off access points for the surrounding bridges that lead to other parts of Busan, causing quite a few traffic issues. And also, like Yannick's reply, there's a lack of run off area, and, like Monaco, one mistake by a driver and it could create total mayhem. So I think those are the main factors that you need to work on. Still, a good looking circuit to race on, and in places the track is very wide, which makes good places to overtake, especially the braking zones after the long straight before the last turn.