Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > General Forums > Virtual Racers

Old 16 Apr 2003, 10:26 (Ref:570951)   #1
Rcutler
Rookie

Rcutler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New Game Based on Le Mans

I bought a game called Total Immersion Racing for the PS2 the other day mainly because it featured a Bentley EXP Speed 8 on the cover. I havent't had much chance to play on it but it seems to be based on a European Le Mans Series!

Here are some details

Cars:- Noble M12 GTO, Quaife GTR, BMW M3 GTR, Sintura, Panoz Esperante GTR1, Vemac 320R, Lister Storm, McLaren F1 GTR, BMW V12 LMR,
Bentley EXP Speed 8, Dome S101, Audi R8, Pilbeam, Panoz LMP1 Evo.

The named trackes are Hockenhiem, Monza, Silverstone, and Sebring I am not sure if there are more tracks.

This game is also said to have artificial intelligence based on the real drives. So a certain MSchumacher will ram you off the road at the first opertunity if he were in the game.

Any one else bought this??
Old 16 Apr 2003, 11:30 (Ref:570995)   #2
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'll probably have to move this thread to my other "home" in Armchair Enthusiast - where it has been mentioned (and panned, as I recollect) before. I must confess, I've almost been tempted to get it to see what it's like.

I know rd has played it.

I'll leave the thread here for a day or two, then I will re-direct it......
Old 16 Apr 2003, 12:24 (Ref:571049)   #3
Baritone24

I have the game and, i enjoy Playing it.the Panoz sones Great while the Audi and Bentley,are some of the best cars.The AI does'nt really Ram you off the road,they just get in your way when u lap them.there are a good mix of tracks,and the Challange Series is Difficult.I bought the game looking for an GT experiance and was Pleased!

Old 16 Apr 2003, 14:56 (Ref:571223)   #4
danhx
Racer

danhx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It's not as good as Gran Turismo 3 as far as game play and realism goes, but it has a lot of the popular modern cars.
Old 16 Apr 2003, 15:30 (Ref:571251)   #5
RacingManiac
Racer

RacingManiac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PC Gamer's review(US) gave it 51%....saying it looks great, lots of licensed car, but the game drives badly and arcade-ish.....cannot deliver the feel of driving the real thing....
Old 16 Apr 2003, 15:56 (Ref:571269)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by RacingManiac
PC Gamer's review(US) gave it 51%....saying it looks great, lots of licensed car, but the game drives badly and arcade-ish.....cannot deliver the feel of driving the real thing....

I must admit that was what I had heard as well. As a die-hard GPL'er, the game physics is more important to me than the eye-candy.
Old 16 Apr 2003, 16:00 (Ref:571270)   #7
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by danhx
It's not as good as Gran Turismo 3 as far as game play and realism goes, but it has a lot of the popular modern cars.

GT3 is possibly the most disappointing game i have ever played
It is in no way realistic, and the game play is deathly dull.
I don't call a game where even without TC and ABS, you can't for the life of you spin the car. They're pigs. They understeer like hell, the stick to the road like superglue. I don't call that realistic. It feels really slow, and sluggish. I was majorly dissapointed by it after GT1 and GT2.
Old 16 Apr 2003, 16:15 (Ref:571281)   #8
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Baritone24
I bought the game looking for an GT experiance and was Pleased!

You would be better served buying F1 2002 and downloading some of the brilliant Mods made for this game. Soon there will be an addon based around the 2002 Lemans race.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 16 Apr 2003, 16:23 (Ref:571292)   #9
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ayse, I have not played this game yet, but next time I have some cash I might go out and get just to see how bad it is.
Old 16 Apr 2003, 16:53 (Ref:571317)   #10
a_r_c_a
Racer

a_r_c_a should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you still care at all, don't go, tell me now. The game is boring.
Old 16 Apr 2003, 17:20 (Ref:571341)   #11
RacingManiac
Racer

RacingManiac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd have to get F1 2002 soon, they will soon have 1970 Le Mans mod, 1999 Le Mans mod(which I already have for F12001), 3.5 L Group C Mod, old Trans Am mod, Le Mans 2002 Mod, on top of the already famous GTR2002....
Old 16 Apr 2003, 17:41 (Ref:571366)   #12
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mods...you PC-freaks...

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 16 Apr 2003, 17:52 (Ref:571375)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally posted by 429CJ
Mods...you PC-freaks...

Freaks? I don't think so - we're effectively talking major enhancements here - anjd what's more, major free enhancements. You show me a console game that offers anything like F1 2002 or GPL......
Old 16 Apr 2003, 18:22 (Ref:571403)   #14
danhx
Racer

Quote:
Originally posted by pirenzo
GT3 is possibly the most disappointing game i have ever played
It is in no way realistic, and the game play is deathly dull.
I don't call a game where even without TC and ABS, you can't for the life of you spin the car. They're pigs. They understeer like hell, the stick to the road like superglue. I don't call that realistic. It feels really slow, and sluggish. I was majorly dissapointed by it after GT1 and GT2.
Trust me, you can dial in oversteer and lack of traction if you want to. I agree that GT2 and GT1 were better though. They weren't dumbed down for the masses. Either way, GT3 still better than Total Immersion, so what does that tell you about the later?

Last edited by danhx; 16 Apr 2003 at 18:23.
Old 16 Apr 2003, 18:24 (Ref:571407)   #15
danhx
Racer

Quote:
I'd have to get F1 2002 soon, they will soon have 1970 Le Mans mod, 1999 Le Mans mod(which I already have for F12001), 3.5 L Group C Mod, old Trans Am mod, Le Mans 2002 Mod, on top of the already famous GTR2002....
Where do you get mods for F12001 and how do you get them onto the game?
Old 16 Apr 2003, 20:49 (Ref:571532)   #16
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Heres a good place to start
http://f1hq.racesimcentral.com
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 16 Apr 2003, 22:23 (Ref:571604)   #17
paulzinho
Veteran

Brazil
Larkfield, Kent, UK
paulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpaulzinho should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Group C Mod
Tell me, how, where and cost?!?!

I'd buy a game just for that chance!
Old 17 Apr 2003, 07:14 (Ref:571825)   #18
spanner
Veteran

United Kingdom
Mid Beds, "The UK's rubbish dump"
spanner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
quote:

Not sure about soon, you hear so little on some of these mods, that i wonder if they will appear at all. Every one has these great ideas of doing a mod, but when it come s to it, it is a lot of work involved and many have given up.
Old 17 Apr 2003, 18:50 (Ref:572363)   #19
Speedworx
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northamptonshire
Speedworx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have been tempted to get it, but resisted so far.
Old 18 Apr 2003, 00:08 (Ref:572673)   #20
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone got any news as to when a new Le Mans game is going to be released? Or at least started work on? Ive got the Infogrames game which was released in 2001, featuring the 2000 cars (in Le Mans, the rest were 1999 in the other series) the game was really good I found, if not a little easy, the graphics and gameplay was also good.

A solid game for any Le Mans Enthusiast, dosent stand out anywhere particulary, but its just a good all round game I think.

Last edited by SALEEN S7R; 18 Apr 2003 at 00:09.
Old 18 Apr 2003, 09:45 (Ref:572938)   #21
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As far as I am a where, no one has an offical Le Mans game in development. There of course is the LM2002 mod for EA F1's 2002 due out after this years Le Mans. The only other Sportscar game in development is one for the ALMS.
Old 18 Apr 2003, 10:08 (Ref:572965)   #22
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The ALMS one, PC or Console?
Old 18 Apr 2003, 10:17 (Ref:572973)   #23
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
Quote:
Originally posted by pirenzo
The ALMS one, PC or Console?
Not sure, both I think. It is being developed by Infogrames.
Old 18 Apr 2003, 10:24 (Ref:572983)   #24
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
OK. I'll look out for it
Old 18 Apr 2003, 16:22 (Ref:573304)   #25
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, if someone does develop a Le Mans pc game - I hope its better than the Infogrames one. When you compare the gameplay with the other sims I've driven in the recent past (i.e. GP3, SCGT and, of course, GPL), it really was a bit of a lame duck. What really got me was the timing (much too fast) and the fact that if you ran the full 24 hours, you could only save the game by coming into the pits.