Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 24 May 2003, 22:33 (Ref:609068)   #1
G_Ilott
Racer

United Kingdom
Dorset, UK
G_Ilott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What are the Castle Combe series now?

I've looked on their website but it gives no details about what cars are running in each and whether those listed are the only ones.

What runs in the GTs now? Any Radicals? Stealth still going? What about that huge red Camaro thing that usually broke down? Or that odd Harrier thing that looked like an Aston Nimrod? Is 'Rick' still running the saloons?
Old 25 May 2003, 10:23 (Ref:609319)   #2
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
go there and find out!
Old 25 May 2003, 18:49 (Ref:609751)   #3
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In the GT's, Radicals, Stealth may make an appearence, plenty of other bits and pieces, including 3 Jades (which usually win). Harrier hasn't been seen for at least a year.

Lots of Formula Fords.

Rick made an appearence in a Civic last year, but hasn't been seen this term..

go to www.mst-timing.co.uk to see previous grids / results.
Old 25 May 2003, 19:00 (Ref:609769)   #4
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
should be www.mst-group.co.uk of course...
Old 26 May 2003, 01:39 (Ref:610047)   #5
G_Ilott
Racer

United Kingdom
Dorset, UK
G_Ilott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
thanks for that, Dan. I seem to recall your name from a couple of years ago. You wouldn't be a marshal at Combe by any chance?
Old 27 May 2003, 07:15 (Ref:611148)   #6
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
I am, and slightly burnt after the all day sun of yesterday! A good meeting, short of numbers on the GT grid though..
Old 27 May 2003, 18:29 (Ref:611710)   #7
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The GT's were once again a big BORE-they should put them on last so the huge crowds can begin to leave earlier and not one big mass after the last race! A number of us also wondered why so many GT racers-who have been doing it for years still can't get the line right for Quarry-they were losing so much time it was rediculous...they should spend a day with the racing school there where they would shave of bags of time...a friend of mine did just that!!
Old 27 May 2003, 18:51 (Ref:611722)   #8
darcym
Veteran

darcym should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
what happened with the jades, I was getting ready to race and only saw the start.

Also if anyone can explain what caused the white (astra I think) to flip on the start line at about 3mph I would love to here that.

Again we where lining up to start watching the pagid restart.. the pack took off, and the white astra just decided to flip
Old 28 May 2003, 09:01 (Ref:612220)   #9
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There was a gap between 2 cars so he went for it-the gap vanished and the other car got squeezed out and over the back of them and rolled-used the last 3 frames of my film on that one. Autosport are using one of them though only a small pic with the main shot of the Miglia's for the report. Havn't checked what it was but thought it might have beena Citroen or something. Apparently he was very upset after getting out and slammed the drivers door shut-forgetting he still had his hand in it-big ouch!