Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History > Historic Image Archive

Old 3 May 2010, 18:58 (Ref:2683886)   #1
Gnomex
Veteran

Gnomex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
British Pathe - motor racing clips online

Please forgive me if this thread has already been raised (I did a search but could not see anything).

British Pathe have released a lot of their archive material online and a search on "motor racing" returns lots of results. Although it is British Pathe, there are also lots of clips from many other countries. My favourites though are from Crystal Palace (naturally! - the first ever circuit I visited). Other circuits include Brooklands, Goodwood, Aintree, Gransden(!), Brands, Silverstone, Snetterton and Lydden (the latter when it was a grass circuit!).

The site is at http://www.britishpathe.com

Again, apologies if you already know about this!!
Old 25 Nov 2011, 00:31 (Ref:2991067)   #2
GoFastOrDieTryin
Rookie

GoFastOrDieTryin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I stumbled across that site a few months ago and spent ages watching old footage of Grand Prix Road Racing around the Dundrod circuit which is about a mile from my house. Wish i had been around back then,im sure those machines were some sight on the roads!!
Old 26 Nov 2011, 00:46 (Ref:2991449)   #3
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A reply

Various clips from this website have been posted on the YouTube thread over the years, including a lap of LeMans onboard with Mike Hawthorne.