Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 1 May 2017, 12:04 (Ref:3730331)   #26
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm just warming up with merguez on the BBQ tonight......
Old 1 May 2017, 14:53 (Ref:3730377)   #27
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Hope the weather is better in hampshire than Kent, we have had several heavy downpours this afternoon
Old 1 May 2017, 15:53 (Ref:3730385)   #28
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Remember to make sure they are well done!
Old 1 May 2017, 16:45 (Ref:3730396)   #29
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Hope the weather is better in hampshire than Kent, we have had several heavy downpours this afternoon
Yep, same here. But I only need a half hour to do the BBQ - nice big gas job......

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Remember to make sure they are well done!

Don't you eat yours raw Mathias?
Old 1 May 2017, 21:29 (Ref:3730443)   #30
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
- Camembert
- Coteau du Layon (found a very good one)
- Jasnières

So as usual...
Old 2 May 2017, 19:46 (Ref:3730620)   #31
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Don't you eat yours raw Mathias?
A certain story involving a sock has helped me avoid a harsh life section
Old 2 May 2017, 21:05 (Ref:3730628)   #32
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Now't wrong with merguez - I've been eating them for 31 years.......
Old 3 May 2017, 06:12 (Ref:3730684)   #33
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Some people never learn, once is enough for most people
Old 3 May 2017, 20:52 (Ref:3730836)   #34
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Now't wrong with merguez - I've been eating them for 31 years.......
I am with you Andrew, keep it up..
Old 3 May 2017, 20:53 (Ref:3730838)   #35
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Thanks Mal, it's good to know there are other 'fine diners' here in the subforum......
Old 8 May 2017, 12:12 (Ref:3732203)   #36
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I love Merguez too.

Did not however love them in 2015 when I had a gout attack on the Saturday morning. Hobbled down to the little BBQ café thing on the inside of TR, had our traditional Merguez Frites and Bier...... and then needed a loo rather swiftly. A beyond painful route-march back to the loos by the ACO Village.....
Old 11 May 2017, 08:00 (Ref:3732766)   #37
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
More likely the beer from the night before......
Old 21 May 2017, 15:41 (Ref:3735007)   #38
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
You may recall that a couple of years ago I brought the raspberry flavored moonshine to the meeting. It seemed like it was well liked as it was done pretty quickly. So I figured it would be a good thing to bring again.

This time I chose a moonshine much more unique and local, it is made just ten minutes from my house. So on my way home from work on Friday I stopped in at the little shop. The gentleman who owns the shop and who does the distilling took great effort to explain everything I ever wanted to know about moonshine, how it is made, the different varieties. So at the end I told him my purpose, that I would be taking his moonshine to a car race in France for dozens and dozens of people from around the world to enjoy and share with the things that they have brought. He asked what race and I told him Le Mans, he was then very excited to hear that this was the plan.

Turns out that his father raced at Sebring and Daytona way back in the day. So he is quite familiar with Le Mans and jealous that he will not be there. Told him he needs to fix that some time and get over there.

It's always fun when you run into someone and take the leap of telling them about sports car racing and then they actually know what you are talking about.

In the end, it seemed that the fruity variety of moonshine was well liked, so I grabbed two bottles to bring, Peach and Pineapple. I sampled them at the shop and they tasted great!
Old 21 May 2017, 17:14 (Ref:3735054)   #39
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Keep helen away from that stuff, the last few years she has watched the start the race through blurry eyes
Old 21 May 2017, 21:38 (Ref:3735130)   #40
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Keep helen away from that stuff, the last few years she has watched the start the race through blurry eyes
Ha ha, I was thinking precisely of her when I bought two bottles instead of just one!
Old 25 May 2017, 11:32 (Ref:3735915)   #41
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
When she's supposed to be keeping an eye on your intake
Old 25 May 2017, 11:44 (Ref:3735922)   #42
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Those days are passed with the exception of one incident last year my consumption of alcohol has been seriously reduced. i am also seriously suspicious of unknown strength drinks again due to incident in campsite last year. people be aware grolsch cannon must be avoided at all costs.
Old 25 May 2017, 14:02 (Ref:3735948)   #43
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
'Kanon' is a nice beer
Old 25 May 2017, 14:27 (Ref:3735951)   #44
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
It might be but at the end of a long evening's drinking half a litre of 14% beer was enough to ensure i remembered nothing else until i woke up the next morning
Old 25 May 2017, 20:50 (Ref:3736042)   #45
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
When she's supposed to be keeping an eye on your intake
Don't worry, I will keep any eye on him. Though if someone finds him lost.. please return to Tertre Rouge
Old 30 May 2017, 09:18 (Ref:3737322)   #46
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaviel View Post
Don't worry, I will keep any eye on him. Though if someone finds him lost.. please return to Tertre Rouge
I've got some of those 'if lost, please return' wristbands you write your phone number on if you want one for him!
Old 30 May 2017, 09:21 (Ref:3737323)   #47
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppetdave901 View Post
I've got some of those 'if lost, please return' wristbands you write your phone number on if you want one for him!
Good plan! I can just imagine him drunkenly showing it to people!
Old 30 May 2017, 09:22 (Ref:3737324)   #48
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i have the instincts of a homing pigeon, i always find my way home, just sometimes can't remember how
Old 30 May 2017, 10:04 (Ref:3737331)   #49
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Quote:
i have the instincts of a homing pigeon, i always find my way home, just sometimes can't remember how
or how long you have been away.. .
Old 30 May 2017, 12:25 (Ref:3737363)   #50
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaviel View Post
or how long you have been away.. .
Shades of A Very Bad Trip - Max Verstappen's favourite film