Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 26 May 2009, 01:16 (Ref:2469182)   #1
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
return of the CPS!

i know it's been in the Saturday race at Winton with the 50 litre rule but in eNews i says now they have 2 CPS to complete in the Sunday race with a 100 litre rule.

will add strategy into it abit but i will wait to see it in action. i think they are just trying to bring back the passing in the pits theory. i was glad when the CPS went and so far i think it has been good. let them race on the track because if pitstops are the most exciting aspect of a race you have problems.

atm though my thinking is fair enough if you want to enforce a CPS in the short race (even though i would like a lights to chequred flag race) but let them go in the long race.
Old 26 May 2009, 11:41 (Ref:2469402)   #2
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Pto, the intention was to have smaller tanks, but after winton and as a result of the teams not being happy about the smaller tanks they decided not to bother and just have these compulsory fills.

the theory is that you need the stops to make the sprint tyre work
Old 26 May 2009, 12:53 (Ref:2469450)   #3
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Out of interest does anyone have a count on the amount of regulation amendments in 2009 after 3 rounds?
Old 26 May 2009, 14:36 (Ref:2469534)   #4
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Pto, the intention was to have smaller tanks, but after winton and as a result of the teams not being happy about the smaller tanks they decided not to bother and just have these compulsory fills.

the theory is that you need the stops to make the sprint tyre work
i know that but let them go free abit, they might find that spices up the racing abit more. having to stop twice they are limited in how they go about the race, if you let them roam more freely they you'll have a bigger diffence in strategy IMO.
Old 26 May 2009, 19:37 (Ref:2469715)   #5
NewsStalker
Veteran

NewsStalker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can't have 'free thinking' in V8's (well, Australian motor sport in general really) - that could end up showing the 'powers that be' that the teams might have a better understanding of what racing is all about.

Nah - couldn't possibly do that with people running the sport who - in 95% of cases - have never driven a race car except on the local back streets...
Old 26 May 2009, 21:36 (Ref:2469836)   #6
Downoz
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Downoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewsStalker View Post
Can't have 'free thinking' in V8's (well, Australian motor sport in general really) - that could end up showing the 'powers that be' that the teams might have a better understanding of what racing is all about.

Nah - couldn't possibly do that with people running the sport who - in 95% of cases - have never driven a race car except on the local back streets...

You are right
Old 26 May 2009, 22:46 (Ref:2469888)   #7
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That really sucks. They must have feared the racing became just that little bit more pure.

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 27 May 2009, 10:22 (Ref:2470092)   #8
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewsStalker View Post

how right you are. how dare i think that maybe a little common sense could prevail.
Old 27 May 2009, 10:27 (Ref:2470100)   #9
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
actuually isnt it the free thinkers who came up with the rules

and doesnt this create free thinking as opposed to fill the car up and run it to the end, no thinking there, any petrol head knows that
Old 27 May 2009, 13:39 (Ref:2470230)   #10
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
and doesnt this create free thinking as opposed to fill the car up and run it to the end, no thinking there, any petrol head knows that
all it creates is more racing & passing in the pits (boring), instead of on the racetrack (exciting)
Old 30 May 2009, 22:35 (Ref:2472343)   #11
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
racer, i think you are only half right.

it does create passing through pit stop strategy

im not sure how in anywayy it can reduce passing on the race track though.

in fact with the sprint tyre it creates passing on the race track
Old 31 May 2009, 01:26 (Ref:2472396)   #12
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I suppose with the sprint tyre, they have extra standard tyres to play with, so this lets them 'deploy' all their fresh tyres in the longer race to fend off those who have saved the sprints?

The strategy could get super convulted... People pitting and lap 1 and then late in the race. People taking both stops back to back under a early safety car (seems the way to go). Anyone who takes them in short succession during green flag will go a lap down at Symmons?