Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 31 Aug 2017, 13:52 (Ref:3763187)   #1651
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Black Swan commits to California 8 Hour and Bathurst w/ Porsche
http://nasportscar.com/black-swan-ra...hurst-12-hour/
Old 1 Sep 2017, 00:09 (Ref:3763316)   #1652
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
That is awesome news.
Old 8 Sep 2017, 13:26 (Ref:3765434)   #1653
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
nasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnasportscar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanic Z View Post
That is awesome news.
a few other teams as well. Audi Sport Land, MARC Mazda and Ian Lacy Racing
Old 14 Sep 2017, 14:34 (Ref:3766827)   #1654
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
Some cool PWC and Project Cars 2 news http://nasportscar.com/sim-pirelli-j...the-franchise/
Old 14 Sep 2017, 17:41 (Ref:3766867)   #1655
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nasportscar View Post
Some cool PWC and Project Cars 2 news http://nasportscar.com/sim-pirelli-j...the-franchise/
That's great news! Screenshots on the game's website look pretty cool.

https://www.projectcarsgame.com/news...e.html?lang=en

Last edited by Mechanic Z; 14 Sep 2017 at 17:47.
Old 15 Sep 2017, 14:43 (Ref:3767122)   #1656
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Pirelli World Challenge at night! That's nice.
Old 15 Sep 2017, 15:37 (Ref:3767138)   #1657
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
That looks really cool!
The only video game experience I have is Forza4 on an old X-box 360. Does anyone have any idea how the project cars game compares? The addition of night racing + various weather options + the entire PWC GT field + PWC specific race event grids sounds amazing, but it would mean updating to a newer gaming console which sounds expensive.
Old 15 Sep 2017, 15:40 (Ref:3767139)   #1658
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://sportscar365.com/world-challe...california-8h/
Wolf Henzler and Alec Udell entered in a pro class GMG Porsche for Laguna!
Old 15 Sep 2017, 17:02 (Ref:3767156)   #1659
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Will it be realistic and throw a FCY after every 7-10min of green flag running?
Old 15 Sep 2017, 17:21 (Ref:3767159)   #1660
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Pirelli World Challenge at night! That's nice.
They need to add some dusk or night racing to the actual series schedule for 2018. The make up race at CoTA looked fantastic on the stream, and a number of participants seemed to really like it.
Old 16 Sep 2017, 14:05 (Ref:3767388)   #1661
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRspitfirefan View Post
That looks really cool!
The only video game experience I have is Forza4 on an old X-box 360. Does anyone have any idea how the project cars game compares? The addition of night racing + various weather options + the entire PWC GT field + PWC specific race event grids sounds amazing, but it would mean updating to a newer gaming console which sounds expensive.
If you are going to buy a good wheel (which means even more money), then it will most likely be a great experience. The first game started off rough performance-wise but they got it running good and it provides a great selection of options to set up races and such with.

If you are going to stick with the controller, wait and see. The first game was nearly unplayable on a controller without fiddling with the settings for a while, and even then it wasn't easy. I've got a few hours just in getting my controller set up for it, then another 20 or so hours into it playing on the controller and I couldn't find a way to make it so I could actually race. Go for a drive? Sure, but push hard during qualifying or outbrake someone without crashing? Not anywhere close to consistently in most of the cars.

They have said they are working hard on making it better on the controller though, but time will tell on that one.
Old 17 Sep 2017, 02:11 (Ref:3767735)   #1662
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Accident View Post
If you are going to buy a good wheel (which means even more money), then it will most likely be a great experience. The first game started off rough performance-wise but they got it running good and it provides a great selection of options to set up races and such with.

If you are going to stick with the controller, wait and see. The first game was nearly unplayable on a controller without fiddling with the settings for a while, and even then it wasn't easy. I've got a few hours just in getting my controller set up for it, then another 20 or so hours into it playing on the controller and I couldn't find a way to make it so I could actually race. Go for a drive? Sure, but push hard during qualifying or outbrake someone without crashing? Not anywhere close to consistently in most of the cars.

They have said they are working hard on making it better on the controller though, but time will tell on that one.
Thanks for the insight.
Old 19 Sep 2017, 22:33 (Ref:3768655)   #1663
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
Acura lineups for IGTC http://nasportscar.com/igtc-acura-mo...ornia-8-hours/
Old 21 Sep 2017, 07:13 (Ref:3769001)   #1664
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRspitfirefan View Post
Thanks for the insight.
If you're planning on the Xbox One version, give it a month or so until after release. pCARs on the X1 was a brilliant game, but has a lot of quite serious, sometimes game breaking bugs. Phenomenal driving, brilliant career mode, but very buggy. Just give it a wee while to get patches out and settle down.
Old 21 Sep 2017, 21:39 (Ref:3769158)   #1665
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Will it be realistic and throw a FCY after every 7-10min of green flag running?
Old 29 Jul 2018, 10:50 (Ref:3839834)   #1666
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I realised recently it’s been a year since I’ve seen any official word on Andrew Palmer. Has there been anything official mentioned in the meantime? More then a few times have I wondered how he is doing and hope he is well.
Old 29 Jul 2018, 17:38 (Ref:3840001)   #1667
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
I realised recently it’s been a year since I’ve seen any official word on Andrew Palmer. Has there been anything official mentioned in the meantime? More then a few times have I wondered how he is doing and hope he is well.
I think the family had asked for space and the privacy and everyone had respected that it seems. But I haven't seen anything reported either and hope all is well after what was a vicious accident for him.
Old 30 Jul 2018, 04:24 (Ref:3840094)   #1668
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Palmer's racing Twitter, Facebook, and website all haven't been updated since the accident two years ago…
Old 30 Jul 2018, 06:11 (Ref:3840105)   #1669
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I think the family had asked for space and the privacy and everyone had respected that it seems. But I haven't seen anything reported either and hope all is well after what was a vicious accident for him.

Was hoping I’d missed something from the family about his condition improving but appears I haven’t. All we can do is keep him and the family in our thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
Palmer's racing Twitter, Facebook, and website all haven't been updated since the accident two years ago…

Considering how few announcements have been after the accident that’s not surprising
Old 11 Nov 2018, 17:22 (Ref:3862419)   #1670
cbbrit
Veteran

Jersey
Sonoma, California
cbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcbbrit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know what happened to Jorge De La Torre this year? The team did not show up at a single event this year either in this series, or in IMSA.
Old 12 Nov 2018, 21:21 (Ref:3862889)   #1671
nasportscar
Veteran

United States
Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbbrit View Post
Does anyone know what happened to Jorge De La Torre this year? The team did not show up at a single event this year either in this series, or in IMSA.
Not sure exactly about 2018, but they are looking to get a new Aston Martin for this coming season. Would be cool if it happens