Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 11 Aug 2016, 00:31 (Ref:3665015)   #76
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Ironic when Phelps is there because of a deal between V8SC and NewsCorp
I dont see the irony really

He is there to talk about the sport. to quote porsche who articulated it well "He's there to stir the pot and create interest, whether his comments are on the mark or not."

Now if he started talking about V8SC in a negative way that would be ironic.

But he is talking about drivers and teams and races and things that happened.
Old 11 Aug 2016, 02:16 (Ref:3665031)   #77
Compromised
Veteran

Compromised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
whether his comments are on the mark or not."
See that's unacceptable to me.

For a series with international aspirations, looking to attract some serious manufacturer backing, innuendo, gossip, puff pieces whatever you want to call it from your "official" journalist just looks really unprofessional and amateur. Fighting with teams, seriously wrong information on multiple "scoops" etc...

When the series never evolves, no new manufacturers turn up, international interest dies, don't complain or act shocked.

If you want to play in the sandpit, don't expect the adults to join you.
Old 11 Aug 2016, 02:24 (Ref:3665035)   #78
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compromised View Post
See that's unacceptable to me.

For a series with international aspirations, looking to attract some serious manufacturer backing, innuendo, gossip, puff pieces whatever you want to call it from your "official" journalist just looks really unprofessional and amateur. Fighting with teams, seriously wrong information on multiple "scoops" etc...

When the series never evolves, no new manufacturers turn up, international interest dies, don't complain or act shocked.

If you want to play in the sandpit, don't expect the adults to join you.
That's fine, it doesn't have to be acceptable to you. Its really irrelevant.

We have other reporters to do the things you want
Old 12 Aug 2016, 00:45 (Ref:3665253)   #79
Compromised
Veteran

Quote:
That's fine, it doesn't have to be acceptable to you. Its really irrelevant.
Yeah you're right mate. How many new manufacturers for Gen2 again?
Old 12 Aug 2016, 01:47 (Ref:3665263)   #80
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Yeah you're right mate. How many new manufacturers for Gen2 again?
Post it in another few threads, see if you get some bites.
Old 12 Aug 2016, 04:51 (Ref:3665283)   #81
Compromised
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Post it in another few threads, see if you get some bites.
Thanks for being the first
Old 12 Aug 2016, 05:06 (Ref:3665284)   #82
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Thanks for being the first
and that comment right there is defined as trolling under the rules of the forum
Old 12 Aug 2016, 12:01 (Ref:3665350)   #83
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Personally I just define it as dull and immature. Come on guys, discuss the subject, you can do better than this.
Old 12 Aug 2016, 22:52 (Ref:3665448)   #84
Driver TBA
Veteran

Driver TBA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Phelps strikes me as someone who is not doing his job by choice.

While I'm sure he likes motorsport, I doubt it's his passion. He comes across as though his boss told him he has no choice but to be the News Corp resident V8 journo.

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk
Old 12 Aug 2016, 23:17 (Ref:3665449)   #85
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
He is there to talk about the sport. to quote porsche who articulated it well "He's there to stir the pot and create interest, whether his comments are on the mark or not."
Surely he is there to research stories, find some news and write it for the Telegraph? Isn't that what a journalist does?

Stirring the pot and creating interest whether the comments are on the mark or not sounds like gutter journalism best found in the likes of NW or Woman's Weekly to me
Old 13 Aug 2016, 01:18 (Ref:3665456)   #86
porsche91722
Veteran

Australia
S.E.Qld
porsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridporsche91722 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Surely he is there to research stories, find some news and write it for the Telegraph? Isn't that what a journalist does?

Stirring the pot and creating interest whether the comments are on the mark or not sounds like gutter journalism best found in the likes of NW or Woman's Weekly to me
Phelps is writing for a News Ltd publication, isn't he?
As with most other sports journo's, they make a lot of this $h!t up, that they put into their stories. You've only got to follow any of the football codes to see that.
Sadly, there just isn't enough exciting news coming out of VASC to keep a journo pumping out enough to keep a regular newspaper column or weekly TV show going. Most of it is gossip, guesswork and trying to join the dots to come up with a good story. That interview that Fogarty did with Ryan Walkinshaw recently, told us nothing and was hardly newsworthy, but it still was put out by Supercars. That was gritty journalism, wasn't it? He may have attempted to ask some tough questions, but got nothing back.
Old 13 Aug 2016, 01:22 (Ref:3665457)   #87
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche91722 View Post
Phelps is writing for a News Ltd publication, isn't he?
As with most other sports journo's, they make a lot of this $h!t up, that they put into their stories. You've only got to follow any of the football codes to see that.
Sadly, there just isn't enough exciting news coming out of VASC to keep a journo pumping out enough to keep a regular newspaper column or weekly TV show going. Most of it is gossip, guesswork and trying to join the dots to come up with a good story. That interview that Fogarty did with Ryan Walkinshaw recently, told us nothing and was hardly newsworthy, but it still was put out by Supercars. That was gritty journalism, wasn't it? He may have attempted to ask some tough questions, but got nothing back.
At least questions were asked.

With Mr Phelps, all you would've gotten is WALKINSHAW SELLING UP DUE TO POOR HEALTH.
Old 31 Aug 2016, 01:44 (Ref:3668717)   #88
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Did Phelps front for last night's Supercars show on Fox? I know Chris was hoping he'd be on.
Old 31 Aug 2016, 01:54 (Ref:3668720)   #89
Compromised
Veteran

Nah he wasn't on last night, weird because I thought a little on air tiff between Chris and James would have been really good exposure for Supercars...
Old 31 Aug 2016, 03:31 (Ref:3668737)   #90
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well that was an opportunity for riveting televison, that went sorely begging.
Old 31 Aug 2016, 05:28 (Ref:3668745)   #91
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I know Chris was looking forward to it.