Old 6 Sep 2004, 18:23 (Ref:1088363)   #1
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
carrera should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Croft this weekend

Who's going?

BMW race has only 8 cars listed for a 45 minute plus one lap race. Hope BARC see sense and put this as last race if more entries are not forthcoming.

Classic Thunder only 12 listed but it does include the truly awesome Garnett M3.
Old 6 Sep 2004, 18:45 (Ref:1088378)   #2
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was going but K&N sports/saloons qualify Sat and race Sun - so I withdrew (nothing to do with my car being buggered). Ten laps wasn't appealling either - with the speed of the leaders I'd probably get 8.
Old 6 Sep 2004, 19:11 (Ref:1088405)   #3
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll be there, doing second box commentary with Mark Werrell on the bus with Richard John Neil (of television superstardom) covering the Legends as ever.
Old 6 Sep 2004, 21:54 (Ref:1088541)   #4
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
graeme - Sat qually and Sunday race and a long way to boot. Hope to make it in about 6 hours, if I was not in with a chance (very slim) of championship honours they would be another car short.
Old 7 Sep 2004, 13:11 (Ref:1088995)   #5
ianpearson
Racer

ianpearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We're taking two Renaults up there, bit narked at being on second from last on sunday, two races in one afternoon could get a strugle if we get any damage aswell. Doubt I'll make the pub before closing on sunday night either. Croft is a long way but its a good track & well worth the 4.5 hours traveling time
Old 7 Sep 2004, 14:23 (Ref:1089035)   #6
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by carrera
graeme - Sat qually and Sunday race and a long way to boot. Hope to make it in about 6 hours, if I was not in with a chance (very slim) of championship honours they would be another car short.
What day and time are you intending leaving to get there in 6 hours?
It takes me 4.5 to 5 hours if the traffic is light and I average 60mph, that's from SE London. If you are coming from Surrey add another 1.5 hours at least especially on Friday.
Good luck with the race and championship and stay out of the way of the Sierras
Old 8 Sep 2004, 18:41 (Ref:1090190)   #7
carrera
Veteran

England
Gatwick
Ian - petition BARC to move the BMs unless the numbers greatly improve.

Have suffered two shortened races this season, both events featured one hour races for half-a-dozen cars earlier in the afternoon. For them to have been last race and lose 5 mins so what, to others 5 mins is possibly half-a-race.

falce - my van usually goes slightly faster than 60 mph.
Old 8 Sep 2004, 20:32 (Ref:1090285)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Gary,

Don't do anything daft! Enjoy and go for the championship.

See you at Mallory
On to the serious stuff.

Croft is a great example for why we should regionalise club championships.
Old 8 Sep 2004, 22:27 (Ref:1090371)   #9
topwelshman
Racer

Wales
Cardiff
topwelshman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE]Originally posted by carrera
[B]Ian - petition BARC to move the BMs unless the numbers greatly improve.

What a sporting gesture, and there's me thinking that we were all there for the crack!!

The Kumho BMW's might be down this weekend but we've consistently got better grids than every other championship (with exception to the Westfields)on the same bill.

As for regionalising championships...don't agree, better to get rid of the ones that don't have grids. But if I did I would look at championships that have consistently low numbers and can't get grids of more than 13 at circuits such as Brands, Donnington & Silverstone, and there are some!!
Old 9 Sep 2004, 13:37 (Ref:1090870)   #10
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I was thinking "geography".
Old 9 Sep 2004, 13:58 (Ref:1090883)   #11
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by carrera

falce - my van usually goes slightly faster than 60 mph.
I did say averaging 60mph, you have to travel a lot faster than 60 to actualy average it. Somehow I don't think you will on a Friday unless you leave mid morning.
Old 9 Sep 2004, 15:20 (Ref:1090935)   #12
Spinner
Racer

Spinner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Why do you all complain about driving to Croft! Us people from the north have to drive at least 2 and a half hours to every circuit! Its only once for you, but we have it about 8 times a year!
Old 9 Sep 2004, 16:25 (Ref:1091000)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
That's my point.

Not criticising the circuit just making the point that travelling is costly and may not necessarily be good.

Even if you concentrate on a regional championship it doesn't stop you from racing at other circuits.
Old 9 Sep 2004, 16:46 (Ref:1091029)   #14
topwelshman
Racer

Wales
Cardiff
The appeal for me to do a National Championship was going to all the different cicuits. I love all the travelling and for me it make it an "experience" and makes all the cost worthwhile and justifiable, pity I can't afford this weekend, I'd love to do Croft
Old 12 Sep 2004, 08:05 (Ref:1093767)   #15
topwelshman
Racer

Wales
Cardiff
Just as a follow up, the Kumho BMW's put out 11 cars not 8, although we're 10 cars down we managed to put out the same no. of cars as the Renault's normally put out at every event! And the same as the NW Saloons managed.
Old 12 Sep 2004, 14:56 (Ref:1094091)   #16
monster
Rookie

monster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can any one get results from mst working?
Old 12 Sep 2004, 20:09 (Ref:1094390)   #17
topwelshman
Racer

Wales
Cardiff
It wasn't earlier but it is now
Old 13 Sep 2004, 07:40 (Ref:1094743)   #18
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
No K&N results?
Old 13 Sep 2004, 08:20 (Ref:1094777)   #19
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Only nine cars; Campbell won easily from Pritchard, Crompton, Barak and Primett.
Old 13 Sep 2004, 08:59 (Ref:1094827)   #20
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
Brockhouse? (My championship rival...)
Old 13 Sep 2004, 09:46 (Ref:1094875)   #21
ianpearson
Racer

ianpearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by topwelshman
Just as a follow up, the Kumho BMW's put out 11 cars not 8, although we're 10 cars down we managed to put out the same no. of cars as the Renault's normally put out at every event! And the same as the NW Saloons managed.
For a fact that is not true, the Renaults have touched the magic 15/16 to justify championship status at a lot of places, I'm not saying thats good & I can still remember when we've had over 30 cars out. Currently a lot of championships that don't just let anything in to race are struggling, we all need to stick together rather than point the finger at each other saying "are grid was poor but its better than theres" or else regional free for alls will be our only option.

Anyway Topwelshman what did you think of the circuit? its worth the drive up there don't you think?
Even if i was late for work this morning
Old 13 Sep 2004, 10:57 (Ref:1094966)   #22
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by graeme
Brockhouse? (My championship rival...)
The only Class C finisher.....come to think of it, the only Class C starter......

Last edited by Dave Brand; 13 Sep 2004 at 10:58.
Old 13 Sep 2004, 12:08 (Ref:1095063)   #23
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
I'm the only other class C competitor... I was counting on him turning up less/breaking down more than me (as he's about 10 seconds a lap faster)!
Old 13 Sep 2004, 12:39 (Ref:1095101)   #24
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian - I think you need to average 16 throughout the season rather than hit that number on a couple of occasions through the year. Good to talk to you after your second place by the way!
Old 13 Sep 2004, 14:01 (Ref:1095201)   #25
topwelshman
Racer

Wales
Cardiff
[. Currently a lot of championships that don't just let anything in to race are struggling, we all need to stick together rather than point the finger at each other saying "are grid was poor but its better than theres" or else regional free for alls will be our only option.

Anyway Topwelshman what did you think of the circuit? its worth the drive up there don't you think?
Even if i was late for work this morning [/B][/QUOTE]

Ian I can't agree more, was just a tad annoyed about the petition business mentioned, that's not why I started racing, if it was about getting home early I wouldn't bother.

I didn't make it to Croft for various reasons and am disappointed, next year I'll make a point of goint up there