Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 12 Sep 2017, 17:07 (Ref:3766335)   #51
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Clean up underway at the track. Been curious if our T4 water oak is still there...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...01065953285921

The large tree down across the road is at T9. It could be pretty bad around the track. Starting to look different every time I come up there but I fear it may look very different next month. Wow next month! I need order my ticket and other credentials so I don't get hassled by the camping pass Nazis.
Old 12 Sep 2017, 18:11 (Ref:3766351)   #52
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Clean up underway at the track. Been curious if our T4 water oak is still there...

The large tree down across the road is at T9. It could be pretty bad around the track. Starting to look different every time I come up there but I fear it may look very different next month. Wow next month! I need order my ticket and other credentials so I don't get hassled by the camping pass Nazis.
I'm headed up on Sat for fall historic races, Tony was asking about heading up for the weekend as well, so I'll check everything out
Old 13 Sep 2017, 01:47 (Ref:3766419)   #53
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

I was wondering how the track would fair. I'd be pretty bummed if I can't camp under my water oak!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I'm headed up on Sat for fall historic races, Tony was asking about heading up for the weekend as well, so I'll check everything out
Thanks man, keep us posted.
Old 16 Sep 2017, 15:47 (Ref:3767438)   #54
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I was wondering how the track would fair. I'd be pretty bummed if I can't camp under my water oak!Thanks man, keep us posted.
Looks like most is well here at the track, new pavement at 4 and left side of track after 4.

Trees survived, with interlopers camping there this weekend.

And we've moved up in the world, fence post sleeves have been installed so maybe better fencing and less parking in front.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
Old 18 Sep 2017, 13:45 (Ref:3768280)   #55
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Looks like most is well here at the track, new pavement at 4 and left side of track after 4.

Trees survived, with interlopers camping there this weekend.

And we've moved up in the world, fence post sleeves have been installed so maybe better fencing and less parking in front.

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
Nice! x2

Ticket just ordered. FYI, if you're ordering online, you have until this Friday to place your order without having to pick up at Will Call.

3 Weeks away?!!!!!!!!!!! Holy Toledo, snuck up on me again.
Old 18 Sep 2017, 19:06 (Ref:3768370)   #56
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
My ticket package came this past Friday. Ticket, program coupon (if Fields, Tony or JoeB want to fight over it for small peoples, I've usually forgotten to pick it up), Zack Brown BBQ party Wed night ad, Test day pass (the most important piece) and an IMSA vinyl so I can throw away Road Atlanta's leftovers I guess. Wonder if I can trade it for an old Panoz vinyl?
Old 18 Sep 2017, 21:02 (Ref:3768413)   #57
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
My ticket package came this past Friday. Ticket, program coupon (if Fields, Tony or JoeB want to fight over it for small peoples, I've usually forgotten to pick it up), Zack Brown BBQ party Wed night ad, Test day pass (the most important piece) and an IMSA vinyl so I can throw away Road Atlanta's leftovers I guess. Wonder if I can trade it for an old Panoz vinyl?
Oooooh!

I actually up went all out and purchased a program and threw $5 at Austin Hatcher...

The program coupon is up for grabs!
Old 19 Sep 2017, 16:19 (Ref:3768584)   #58
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Feels like yesterday I was at Sebring, where does the time go??!!

Cannot wait!
Old 19 Sep 2017, 20:09 (Ref:3768637)   #59
rjoconnell
Racer

United States
CT, USA
rjoconnell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Going back for year #2 with my friend Andrew.

Debating whether or not to sit at the 10A/10B ampitheatre again or go up to 5/6/7/8.
Old 19 Sep 2017, 22:08 (Ref:3768650)   #60
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I thought you would like that Zac Brown Barbecue Party. I have purchased tickets on two separate occasions this year one for me and one for my brother and they've been sitting on my shelf waiting for me to forget them on my way to the track in a couple weeks
Old 19 Sep 2017, 22:10 (Ref:3768651)   #61
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjoconnell View Post
Going back for year #2 with my friend Andrew.

Debating whether or not to sit at the 10A/10B ampitheatre again or go up to 5/6/7/8.
You got to check out the whole place don't just park your butt at turn 10. Plus all the coolest people camp at Turn 4 or so I've heard.... We also go with our friend Andrew or maybe he goes with us I'm not sure which way that is but he's there first so I guess we go with him
Old 20 Sep 2017, 01:22 (Ref:3768682)   #62
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
You got to check out the whole place don't just park your butt at turn 10. Plus all the coolest people camp at Turn 4 or so I've heard.... We also go with our friend Andrew or maybe he goes with us I'm not sure which way that is but he's there first so I guess we go with him
I've been bad about getting around, wink-wink-nudge-nudge, so I'm going to try to be better this year. You've always been good about that so I might be tagging along. Think I did a little last time so how about a little more this time?
Old 20 Sep 2017, 15:26 (Ref:3768817)   #63
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Our marketing department meets with the Braselton chamber of commerce monthly at Road Atlanta. They brought me back a promo poster today!

Old 20 Sep 2017, 16:00 (Ref:3768823)   #64
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
I've been bad about getting around, wink-wink-nudge-nudge, so I'm going to try to be better this year. You've always been good about that so I might be tagging along. Think I did a little last time so how about a little more this time?
Try and keep up! Turns 6-9 are very underrated in my opinion. There are some unique viewing angles there. Since my brother will be here we'll have an extra person to help carry the beer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Our marketing department meets with the Braselton chamber of commerce monthly at Road Atlanta. They brought me back a promo poster today!

I love the Riley feature
Old 20 Sep 2017, 16:50 (Ref:3768833)   #65
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Try and keep up! Turns 6-9 are very underrated in my opinion. There are some unique viewing angles there. Since my brother will be here we'll have an extra person to help carry the beer!

I love the Riley feature
I'm fat and waaaaaay outta shape.

I love 6-9 but not the effort to get there. 6 and 7 are the best places to get up close and are great camera shooting...
Quote:

Did you say thanks, I'll give it a look?
Old 20 Sep 2017, 16:52 (Ref:3768834)   #66
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:

I love the Riley feature
It's on the damn ticket too!
Old 20 Sep 2017, 17:09 (Ref:3768840)   #67
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
I'm fat and waaaaaay outta shape.

I love 6-9 but not the effort to get there. 6 and 7 are the best places to get up close and are great camera shooting...
Did you say thanks, I'll give it a look?
well i don't walk up the damn hill, there is a shuttle! The walk is much less when you have somebody drive you in an air conditioned mini bus.
Old 20 Sep 2017, 17:31 (Ref:3768842)   #68
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
Quote:
well i don't walk up the damn hill, there is a shuttle! The walk is much less when you have somebody drive you in an air conditioned mini bus.
It's still like 50 yards to the shuttle stop.
Old 20 Sep 2017, 19:09 (Ref:3768855)   #69
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
It's still like 50 yards to the shuttle stop.
Exactly, there's beer, meat and cigars at camp and none of that on the bus.
Old 20 Sep 2017, 19:34 (Ref:3768860)   #70
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'll be doing more than a few laps over the course of the week- on foot thanks to being young

Interested in seeing how the parking situation is compared to Sebring. On race day I turned up at 7.30am and went straight through without stopping. Hoping for the same but will arrive early (well, earlier than 7.30) anyway.
Old 20 Sep 2017, 20:00 (Ref:3768864)   #71
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
I'll be doing more than a few laps over the course of the week- on foot thanks to being young

Interested in seeing how the parking situation is compared to Sebring. On race day I turned up at 7.30am and went straight through without stopping. Hoping for the same but will arrive early (well, earlier than 7.30) anyway.
There is a big parking area behind where we camp at Turn 4. It never seems to fill up Wed-Fri and If you are there by 7 or 7:30 I think you can just drive right through the gate and park easily. It does fill up for the latecomers however.

Plus if you park at Turn 4 you can easily stop by and say hello and grab a beer!
Old 20 Sep 2017, 20:08 (Ref:3768869)   #72
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
There is a big parking area behind where we camp at Turn 4. It never seems to fill up Wed-Fri and If you are there by 7 or 7:30 I think you can just drive right through the gate and park easily. It does fill up for the latecomers however.

Plus if you park at Turn 4 you can easily stop by and say hello and grab a beer!
Preferably any of those terrible gold and black cans of sadness, or no Aints cans for ya this yeah, just the cooler?
Old 20 Sep 2017, 21:41 (Ref:3768883)   #73
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:

Awesome stuff, thanks! I'll give that a go. Wednesday will be recce day.
Old 20 Sep 2017, 21:53 (Ref:3768887)   #74
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Preferably any of those terrible gold and black cans of sadness, or no Aints cans for ya this yeah, just the cooler?
I won't be bringing the Saints beers again, I can't make myself drink that much bud light again.... But yes, the cooler will be there. I'll probably have more of a variety of beers this time.

By the way, do we have an idea of who will all be there? And who will be bringing the grill?
Old 20 Sep 2017, 22:30 (Ref:3768905)   #75
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I figure it's time for the 'stop by and drink a beer' post.
This is where we've been for the last 19 years. stop by outside turn 10a and grab a cold one with us.