Other 0 0%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11 Sep 2011, 14:45 (Ref:2953954)   #26
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I gave it to McLaren's No 1 driver, but the pass of the race was Vettel on Alonso, whose start was another highlight.

Good drives by Alguersuari and Bruno, who would have been higher if he hadn't been on the receiving end of the first corner carambolage this time.
Old 11 Sep 2011, 14:50 (Ref:2953957)   #27
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by strider View Post
.. Alonso, whose start was another highlight.
That's two crowd-pleasing starts this year, after Barcelona.

Well done to Schumacher too for a focused defensive drive. He's starting to actually look like a viable valuable Mercedes driver for next year too.

Although according to Eddie Jordan, "we" all know where Di Resta's driving next year. He seemed to be suggesting Mercedes.

Last edited by Born Racer; 11 Sep 2011 at 14:55.
Old 11 Sep 2011, 15:31 (Ref:2953973)   #28
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Vettel did a perfect race. Button did an extraordinary performance. Schumacher did his best ever stint since his comeback. Alguersuari gave a marvelous result to Cepsa Toro Rosso. But my vote goes to Bruno Senna, since he overtook all the expectations many people had to him, over all other notable drivers involved. And with a brilliant overtake over Buemi included.
Old 11 Sep 2011, 16:30 (Ref:2953993)   #29
Lotusonpole
Veteran

United Kingdom
NW England
Lotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLotusonpole should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Emerson Fittipaldi used to win 1970s Ten-Tenths DOTR polls mainly due to his humungous sideburns.
Were they not the inspiration for barge boards of recent times?

Can't think why they were never referred to as 'Emersons'.
Old 11 Sep 2011, 16:48 (Ref:2954007)   #30
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Walker View Post
Michael Schumacher , defensive driving at its best
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
That is somewhat debatable..
It's a pretty short debate, Jeremy.
(With due acknowlegement to M Brundle)

Old 11 Sep 2011, 16:51 (Ref:2954009)   #31
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Another brilliant drive by JB, but this time I had to give it to Vettel.

Just on places gained, Alguersuari must have been something right, though we didn't really see enough to judge it.

Shame about Rosberg being taken out. I would like to have seen what he could do with that contrarian strategy.
Old 11 Sep 2011, 16:52 (Ref:2954010)   #32
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox89 View Post
I wouldn't mind maybe changing my answer to Schumacher. I wish people would just shut up about it, analyzing every slight move across the track "was this 100% fair? Was that? Should he apologize?"

He was FINE. Sure, a couple of indiscretions here and there, but they're inches apart at 200mph, you can't be perfect.
Michael has always sailed close to the wind, Oz 1994, Jerez 1997, the move on Ruben's last year at Hungary to name but a few. His style sometimes causes people to question his driving style and ethics. Today was another example of this.
Old 11 Sep 2011, 17:22 (Ref:2954023)   #33
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Has to be Vettel. The 'German Senna'? Well he is racking up some records at the moment. Plus, what an overtake. Yes, he mucked up his start, but taking Alonso and kicking up some dust as well. Kudos to Sebastian for that.

I would put Jenson as runner-up for DOTR. A classy overtake on his teammate and then just breezed by Schumi. Made it look easy. Especially compared to the trouble Hamilton was having.

A pretty decent fight between Hamilton and Schumi. To be fair, Schumi was a lot better than he has been in the past(Hungary last year, Jerez 1997, Australia 1994). I think Hamilton was caught asleep after the safety lap. Then he wasn't aggressive enough. Plus after doing the smooth overtake on the start/finish straight he didn't make his car wide enough to stop Schumi overtaking him. A good scrap that made the race worthwhile.

Special mentions to Alonso for that monster start. Plus Alguesuari had a good race as well.
Old 11 Sep 2011, 18:23 (Ref:2954051)   #34
p261brm
Veteran

England
Shropshire & Oura
p261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridp261brm should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Vettel, Vettel and Vettel. He and his team are in a league apart.
With Mr.Newey yes they are, have not voted for a driver, too close to call.
Old 11 Sep 2011, 19:15 (Ref:2954065)   #35
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
Michael has always sailed close to the wind, Oz 1994, Jerez 1997, the move on Ruben's last year at Hungary to name but a few. His style sometimes causes people to question his driving style and ethics. Today was another example of this.
He has always driven like that, even before he came into F1. If driving like that goes unpunished that, it encourages other people to think that is how they should drive. Why anyone should think he deserves the DOTR award is beyond me. Yes, it was exciting, but it was against the rules and if Hamilton had not been in a very restrained mood today there could have been a massive accident.

There's a good article here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/andrewben...09/post_2.html
Old 11 Sep 2011, 19:29 (Ref:2954073)   #36
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mr Vettel for that overtake on Alonso , was going to give dotr to Button for showing Hamilton how to get past TGF () I have not given Vettel dotr yet this season he earned it today !! Also mentions for TGF and Senna .
Old 11 Sep 2011, 21:28 (Ref:2954129)   #37
Oldtony
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast Australia
Oldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridOldtony should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Some great drives but in the end SV is just a class ahead of anyone out there at present.
Old 11 Sep 2011, 21:36 (Ref:2954133)   #38
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
jonboy1066 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Driver of the race ... without a doubt Button.

Overtake of the race ... Vettel

Liability of the race ...Schumacher ... AGAIN! The bloke's a danger and should be banned!

Perry McCarthy
Old 11 Sep 2011, 21:46 (Ref:2954140)   #39
aki13
Racer

aki13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Driver of the Race: Sebastian Vettel and Jenson Button.

They both drove brilliant races in different ways.

Other mentions:

Michael Schumacher: Superb hard racing
Lewis Hamilton: Pushed really hard and didn't lose his rag, could have passed Alonso in another lap or 2.

Alguersuari: A fine recovery drive.
Senna: For the first points of his F1 career.
Perez: I thought he drove really well until retiring
Old 11 Sep 2011, 22:25 (Ref:2954160)   #40
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
DOTR - Vettel for making a mockery of the gear ratio theories, his great drive, pass of Alonso and his appreciation for where he was, what he is and what he and Red Bull have achieved.

I also give kudos to the other finishers, especially that Button bloke who is quietly upstaging his larger sunglassed teammate, (much to my delight) and also to Alonso for that brilliant start and the great joking with Seb in the interview about not leaving him much room to pass.

All three World Champions seemed to have thoroughly enjoyed themselves and handled their respective drives like champions.
Old 11 Sep 2011, 22:30 (Ref:2954162)   #41
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
#1 Schumacher - not just for holding off Hamilton for half the race, but also passing him twice and going from 8th to 3rd at the start. He was blocking a fair bit, but at least when the McLarens did complete their moves he conceded. And did they ever touch? No.

#2 Button - for passing MS and Alonso. The Hamilton move doesn't really count because Hamilton had to back out of it. Not really sure that two passes really counts for driver of the race, especially as Hamilton was just as quick but was being safe-Hamilton.

#3 Vettel - THAT move (I totally had visions of Turkey 2010 again) but it worked and he stormed away, dominating a race he wasn't supposed to win. I think he was cruising after the first pit stop too.

Alguesuari looked great on paper coming in 7th, but it was all down to the first lap that he got there. After that he didn't really pass anyone. Didn't really watch much of Senna, but he took too long to get past Buemi if he was on the softer tyres.
Old 12 Sep 2011, 00:00 (Ref:2954175)   #42
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Alguersuari had a really good run today, so he gets my vote.

Special mentions for Button and Schumacher, but for different reasons.

Ace start by Teflonso, but wasn't to last too long because of ace/brave/gutsy pass by Vettel.
Old 12 Sep 2011, 01:07 (Ref:2954187)   #43
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I gave this to Jenson Button, who is doing a great job at McLaren..

Great pass on Michael after he was told to cool it with the weaving..

Still a very smooth pass none the less....Sebastian Vettel did a fantastic job with a storming pass on Fernando...
Old 12 Sep 2011, 03:13 (Ref:2954199)   #44
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Vettel, the new and better TGF.
what he said
Old 12 Sep 2011, 04:41 (Ref:2954208)   #45
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spritle View Post
I.......that Button bloke who is quietly upstaging his larger sunglassed teammate,
Might be interesting to re visit this thread.

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...+joins+mclaren

I think the two of them are pretty much equal although sometimes one will edge the other. What appears more interesting is that this season Jenson is performing better at the end, whereas he is percieved as tailing off after half way.

Still undecided re DoTR.
Old 12 Sep 2011, 04:59 (Ref:2954212)   #46
HughGJohnson
Racer

Switzerland
like Bill Maher, "I'm Swiss"
HughGJohnson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedcat View Post
Has to be Vettel. The 'German Senna'? Well he is racking up some records at the moment. Plus, what an overtake. Yes, he mucked up his start, but taking Alonso and kicking up some dust as well. Kudos to Sebastian for that.

I would put Jenson as runner-up for DOTR. A classy overtake on his teammate and then just breezed by Schumi. Made it look easy. Especially compared to the trouble Hamilton was having.

A pretty decent fight between Hamilton and Schumi. To be fair, Schumi was a lot better than he has been in the past(Hungary last year, Jerez 1997, Australia 1994). I think Hamilton was caught asleep after the safety lap. Then he wasn't aggressive enough. Plus after doing the smooth overtake on the start/finish straight he didn't make his car wide enough to stop Schumi overtaking him. A good scrap that made the race worthwhile.

Special mentions to Alonso for that monster start. Plus Alguesuari had a good race as well.
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy666 View Post
Mr Vettel for that overtake on Alonso , was going to give dotr to Button for showing Hamilton how to get past TGF () I have not given Vettel dotr yet this season he earned it today !! Also mentions for TGF and Senna .

Finally a chance to vote for Vettel as DOTR. We've been waiting to see if he could actually pass a competitive car when it counted. Today he forced his way around Alonso in a Ferrari for the lead at the Italian Grand Prix without DRS and with great flair. When I saw the dust kick up I thought he was going to lose the car, instead he sailed by and made it stick. Epic.

Button now looks like the master of overtaking at McLaren. Honorable mention to him after a bad start. He got by Schumacher the very first chance he got and Hamilton mysteriously spent half the race behind Schumacher. I wonder if Hamilton hadn't have had so many incidents recently if he'd have been as patient behind...
Old 12 Sep 2011, 05:01 (Ref:2954213)   #47
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vettel for me. Kudos to Button and Senna too.
Old 12 Sep 2011, 14:00 (Ref:2954471)   #48
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vettel thrashed the field and he even had a pass on the grass. On the outside of Curva Grande, wheel to wheel with Alonso. Yeah, that was exciting
Old 12 Sep 2011, 14:48 (Ref:2954491)   #49
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
I've already given a mention to Bruno Senna, but it's worth adding that he set the 4th fastest lap of the race in 1m 26.895s. This was right at the end when everyone set their best times. He also recorded the fastest straight line speed at 346 km/h from memory, which is as close to 215mph as you're going to get.

Sympathy, too, for Sergio Perez, who was going very well on a clever Sauber one-stop strategy and looked set for good haul of points until the gearbox broke.
Old 12 Sep 2011, 21:41 (Ref:2954720)   #50
3point0v8
Rookie

3point0v8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Voted for Button. He seems to be the in-form driver at the minute, doesn't do much wrong.