Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 6 Jan 2001, 01:23 (Ref:56465)   #1
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I went on the friday before the first (donnington) race of 99'. This came about as i was looking for a new car, and me and a mate were at this car auction place near Nottingham, and we finished there really early, so i said, do u fancy going to Donnington to see if the cars are out.

When we got there there was knowone about except one man and his dog. There was a lone motorcycle on the track going round at not high speed. We hung around for what seemed like ages, then we decided to leave. Just as we were leaving I heard this GGGrrrrrr, and i saw this Volvo come down Craner Curves.

Im glad we didn't leave actually as we saw more action in that 2 hour session than I saw during the race on Sun. I saw Russell Spence crash at Mcleans (An EXACT mirror of Warwicks crash in 95') Anthony reid spinning as he came out of Goddards.

And it was free aswell, i kept getting the feeling we wern't supposed to be there.
Old 6 Jan 2001, 11:25 (Ref:56554)   #2
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Went to testing at Oulton in 1998 and that was great fun. We were supposed to be there in the morning when the touring cars were testing and then decided we might as well stay on for the afternoon when the Vectras and Fiestas were out. They were using the Fosters (short) circuit, so we decided to have a wander up towards Shell Oils, having never been up there before. You can't get right up to the Shell Oils bend for spectating, but we figured nobody would mind if we walked on the track, so we walked round Shell Oils just to have a look at it - incredibly banked corner - it would be a fantastic place to spectate from.
Old 6 Jan 2001, 13:34 (Ref:56610)   #3
Les
Veteran

Kenya
Suffolk,UK
Les should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kev went to two test days with Vauxhall as part of their Club Team Vectra and did he have fun. As well as being in the garage at Silverstone the F1 boys were also there.

I must admit I am thinking of popping to Silverstone and Brands for the first 2 days just to see who is driving what.