Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 21 Feb 2009, 01:44 (Ref:2401165)   #1
nic.v814
Racer

New Zealand
Perth
nic.v814 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
NASCAR Sprint Cup round 2, Auto Club Speedway

Vickers gets pole,junior is way down the the field.

When did red bull get so good?
Old 21 Feb 2009, 01:56 (Ref:2401173)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Vickers has been driving well for a long time. Red Bull were getting stronger last year too. Definitely a team on the up.

Junior way down, but doesn't matter a jot. Qualifying means nothing as Jeff Burton so often proves!
Old 21 Feb 2009, 02:34 (Ref:2401188)   #3
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Nice to see AJ and Speed do well in qualy. Also good to see Blaney in a car, and didn't look too bad either.
Old 21 Feb 2009, 02:37 (Ref:2401190)   #4
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
AJ was another who seemed to be coming on strong last season. Absolutely baffled that Red Bull sacked him.
Old 21 Feb 2009, 02:47 (Ref:2401196)   #5
nic.v814
Racer

New Zealand
Perth
Ambrose is up there in 14th place but i think he has to improve his race pace more.
Old 21 Feb 2009, 03:57 (Ref:2401210)   #6
nic.v814
Racer

New Zealand
Perth
Vickers did an engine change now hes starting last
Old 21 Feb 2009, 08:04 (Ref:2401253)   #7
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy
AJ was another who seemed to be coming on strong last season. Absolutely baffled that Red Bull sacked him.
I totally agree on this point. They gave their reasoning at the time, but it didn't make a lot of sense to me. Stick with a guy through his difficult learning period, then dump him after the returns have really started coming in. I could see it if it were for some superstar, but all it was was for experience. Experience is all and well, but when you have someone already there who is delivering the goods...I dunno, it just seemed odd to me.

AJ is a class act. Once he has got something worked out, well, he is just going to get it done. Given a bit of time and the right conditions and circumstances, well, he could quite easily end up in the hunt for the cup one of these years.

That said, there is this horrible thing floating around that makes me fear he is going to be shafted by things unrelated to his performances and potential. I sincerely hope I am wrong, but I fear he may prove to be a hapless victim of circumstance in the grand scheme.
Old 21 Feb 2009, 13:15 (Ref:2401359)   #8
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
AJ is doing very well. Hope they find a full time sponsor.
Old 21 Feb 2009, 14:18 (Ref:2401386)   #9
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
AJ proved a lot to me in OW racing, and he is continuing to impress. I don't think he will have sponsorship issues going forward, and it also helps that he is driving for The King. I agree that given the right circumstances and he will be fighting for the chase, in the very near future.
Old 21 Feb 2009, 14:31 (Ref:2401390)   #10
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
kelvin88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Now, can Vickers pass Jnr without putting him in the fence?
Old 21 Feb 2009, 14:39 (Ref:2401393)   #11
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
A J has enough money for eight races.Bransons money would do more good for Virgin behind him than a third rate F1 outfit assuming it is a real rumour and not another bit of Branson self publicity.Jr screwed up last week but as usal was unable to own up until his position became untenable.He has more excuses than Nigel Mansell.Best one last week.All Pit Boards are now painted Pink to cause him a problem.Suggest Mr Hendrick will tell him a few Home Truths .
Old 21 Feb 2009, 14:58 (Ref:2401401)   #12
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Engine change for Vickers so he moves to the back.
Old 21 Feb 2009, 15:06 (Ref:2401402)   #13
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Any one else going to mention engine change?

What about Tony Stewart,Again has to qualify with go or go homers.Now his team which I know is basically Hendrick is doing a good job.
Assume that Jr could now be considered rated 6/7 of Hendrick drivers.About same position with his IQ!
Old 21 Feb 2009, 15:40 (Ref:2401411)   #14
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston
Any one else going to mention engine change?

Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston
What about Tony Stewart,Again has to qualify with go or go homers.Now his team which I know is basically Hendrick is doing a good job.
He's a former champion so he can use that to be on the grid.
Without major problems he's in top 35 after 5 races.
Old 21 Feb 2009, 22:40 (Ref:2401550)   #15
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
was thinking of having a bet on this race - johnson, busch & edwards for a top 3...
Old 22 Feb 2009, 02:41 (Ref:2401644)   #16
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope the Cup race is better than the Nationwide. It is about the most boring race I have seen in quite awhile.

Rumour.....there is talk that they may repave the Fontana track. If so, they may need RP's for it.
Old 22 Feb 2009, 13:16 (Ref:2401822)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Yeah, that's been rumoured for a while.

I know everyone hates RP tracks, but I really enjoy them. So for Fontana to become such a track would be awesome, because as it is now it is hopeless for a good race.
Old 22 Feb 2009, 13:28 (Ref:2401827)   #18
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ugh, my bet for the Cup race:

Kyle Busch, Kyle Busch and err Kyle Busch

Trucks and Nationwide were boring, actualy stopped watching the nationwide race at 100 laps.
Old 22 Feb 2009, 13:29 (Ref:2401828)   #19
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Jimmie Johnson or Carl Edwards for me.

Dark horse possibly the Target car, but I seriously doubt it!
Old 22 Feb 2009, 14:22 (Ref:2401854)   #20
nickyf1
Veteran

Scotland
City of Glasgow, Scotland, UK
nickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridnickyf1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would love to see Carl Edwards win myself
Old 22 Feb 2009, 14:23 (Ref:2401856)   #21
nic.v814
Racer

New Zealand
Perth
Id like to see jeff gordon win a proper race
Old 22 Feb 2009, 15:50 (Ref:2401890)   #22
muggle not
Veteran

United States
North Carolina, U.S.
muggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmuggle not should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Roush's cars have really been strong at Fontana. However, so has Jimmy Johnson. I too though would like to see Jeff Gordon win.

I would rather watch grass grow than see Kyle win.
Old 22 Feb 2009, 20:41 (Ref:2401995)   #23
BOY BLUNDER
Veteran

England
margate
BOY BLUNDER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know the line up for tonights race?.

BB....
Old 22 Feb 2009, 23:22 (Ref:2402065)   #24
BOY BLUNDER
Veteran

England
margate
BOY BLUNDER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jeff gordon for me.

BB....
Old 22 Feb 2009, 23:39 (Ref:2402071)   #25
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Whats with the rain & cup racing in 09