Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 1 Sep 2004, 20:51 (Ref:1084157)   #1
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Brighton Speed Trials 11th Sept'

If your not at another meeting why not try the Speed Trials...understand there is an excellent entry and theres always some stunning cars (and bikes)burning some rubber...unfortunately you sometimes get the odd dodgy marshal there though!
Old 3 Sep 2004, 00:35 (Ref:1085432)   #2
ALANGRUMPY
Racer

ALANGRUMPY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What do you mean the odd dodgy marshal?
We're all odd and very dodgy!!!!!
Mind you, this comes from a snapper who borrows wheel trims.... And he calls us dodgy
LOL Baz
Old 3 Sep 2004, 07:32 (Ref:1085607)   #3
Gnomex
Veteran

Gnomex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This comes as a complete shock to me - I didn't even know "Brighton Speed" had been arrested, let alone the "Trial" was about to start. What are the charges? I hope they find him not guilty!! (mega groan.....)

Being serious, it is one of those events I've always longed to see - but I'm at dear old Lydden that day.

Have fun Snapper Baz!
Old 3 Sep 2004, 16:03 (Ref:1086041)   #4
D_Marshall
Racer

Sudan
North West, England
D_Marshall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My dad and I will be competing down there. We were mean to be doing it in a replica Lola T70 that we are having built but it won't be finished in time so we are having to take my FF1600 that i am currently racing. We are numbers 206/207.

I've been down before and it is a great day out and i totally recommend it to anyone who hasn't been before. The variety of stuff down there is amazing and some of it is seriously quick!
Old 3 Sep 2004, 20:22 (Ref:1086287)   #5
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Snapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnapper Baz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The wheel trim went back to its rightful owner and can be seen at Oulton on Saturday back on the car! Also at Brighton you can expect to see the odd leather clad girl as well!!
Old 3 Sep 2004, 21:38 (Ref:1086358)   #6
ALANGRUMPY
Racer

ALANGRUMPY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was only pulling your leg Baz. I'm sure you'll have a great time in Brighton. From what i hear of the place you could well see some odd leather clad guys aswell!!
Old 6 Sep 2004, 06:43 (Ref:1087844)   #7
MightyMiniMan
Rookie

MightyMiniMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bazza... We now know where your loyalties lie.

U should be comine to Snetterton to witness the end of season hi-ginks of us Mighty Minis...
Old 6 Sep 2004, 09:23 (Ref:1087931)   #8
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
The world famous marshalling duo of Stephen Green and Peter Scillitoe will be officiating at Brighton next Saturday and, as has been said above, it's a great day out and certainly worth the trip to the Sarf Coast for the day. See you there maybe?
Old 6 Sep 2004, 10:28 (Ref:1087979)   #9
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
Don't worry, I'll be at Snet' on Sunday and again at the end of the month for the other Minis!
Old 6 Sep 2004, 10:30 (Ref:1087981)   #10
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Hmmm, no pork pies for Peter and me then this weekend
Old 7 Sep 2004, 20:45 (Ref:1089396)   #11
Snapper Baz
Race Official
Veteran

England
Las Vegas, NV. USA
I understand it maybe pretty horid weather for Brighton-anyone know what will happen if its a wet and windy day race wise?
Old 7 Sep 2004, 20:59 (Ref:1089418)   #12
abigail
Racer

abigail should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone got any results from Brighton. What distance is it over these days? Do I remember that there are power and/or ca[pacity limitations? We had a superb weekend weathersise at prescott with records falling. Does Goodwood revival have any effect on the entry and spectator numbers.
Old 8 Sep 2004, 07:41 (Ref:1089647)   #13
Fireblade
Racer

Fireblade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Think you must have some of the masters single malt mixed with your Chum, abigail. Has that new Northern manservant been slipping you the odd sherbert? You can't get the staff these days.
Brighton Speed Trials is this coming weekend and thereby unaffected by Goodwood Revival which was last weekend.

Silly dog.
Old 8 Sep 2004, 09:04 (Ref:1089701)   #14
ghinzani
Race Official
Veteran

ghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridghinzani should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
anyone know what the schedule is? I've got a hangover in the morning but would like to see whats on in the afternoon. Cheers
Old 9 Sep 2004, 11:48 (Ref:1090764)   #15
D_Marshall
Racer

Sudan
North West, England
D_Marshall should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't go last year but i went the year before and then it was practice runs in the morning and the main event run after that. Everyone gets two or three runs in their class and at the end of the day there is a super six shoot out (or something like that) where the six fastest cars and bikes outright go head to head to see who can improve their time the most. This is the really quick stuff! It lasts all day so getting down early afternoon will leave time to see quite a lot.
Old 13 Sep 2004, 22:02 (Ref:1095712)   #16
abigail
Racer

abigail should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Fireblade
Think you must have some of the masters single malt mixed with your Chum, abigail. Has that new Northern manservant been slipping you the odd sherbert? You can't get the staff these days.
Brighton Speed Trials is this coming weekend and thereby unaffected by Goodwood Revival which was last weekend.

Silly dog.
Thanks Blade. I think I must have stepped through a time warp! or perhaps the gardener slipped something in my food. Would like to see results. Friend Eastwykeracing went and said Chris Cannell was there with twin engined Force Centre Seat sports car and Mike Endean with Gould Puma plus someone with a full-on Skyline GTR. He reckoned BTD was a drag race style extended frame Suzuki Katana. But he is not a programme note taker and he probably had a liquid lunch so how accurate his brief results round up is could be anyones guess.