Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 19 Sep 2007, 11:31 (Ref:2017822)   #51
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://uk.youtube.com/profile?user=academygaz

31 (low-ish quality) vids.
Old 20 Sep 2007, 11:45 (Ref:2018815)   #52
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
pure class

http://gazdesigns.fpic.co.uk/p45175582.html
Old 20 Sep 2007, 13:02 (Ref:2018888)   #53
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly

If the "Hoodie" had been facing the camera,would his street cred gone up? Its not even a 1800TC!!
Old 20 Sep 2007, 19:24 (Ref:2019173)   #54
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
'Hoodie' is a member of my local motoring club...................
Old 26 Sep 2007, 09:01 (Ref:2023279)   #55
DaveTi
Rookie

England
Camberley, UK
DaveTi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Photos from Mallory Park

Hi Gents, This is my first post on this Forum I was racing at Mallory in the Sunbeam Ti which finished both races.

One of my work colleagues came down who is in to photography, his 1st ever motorsport event although he does like cars. He took some cracking photos this link will take you to his webb site:

http://www.nirajpopat.com/mallory_park/

Only problem is that most of the shots of my car were with my mate driving in the practise for the Allcomers race Any of the shots that you want let me know and I could email some hi-res images.

I was following right behind the Fulvia when he went off. It was very close to being tagged by the MK 1, I think the Fulvia pilot thought that he was bullied into making a mistake going onto the grass on the exit of Gerrards.

See you guys soon as I have some Rallies to do whilst you guys go to Spa. Nat A licence for next year
Old 26 Sep 2007, 09:08 (Ref:2023284)   #56
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
hi Dave,

Welcome to our friendly forum.

Don't let Roger Wills see this one. http://www.nirajpopat.com/mallory_park/

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 26 Sep 2007 at 09:13.
Old 26 Sep 2007, 09:28 (Ref:2023296)   #57
DaveTi
Rookie

England
Camberley, UK
Pete

What is Roger's webb site. I have searched for photos of Mallory and other Top Hat events this year virtually without success.

Cheers Dave
Old 26 Sep 2007, 09:47 (Ref:2023311)   #58
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
hi Dave,

Welcome to our friendly forum.

Don't let Roger Wills see this one. http://www.nirajpopat.com/mallory_park/
I tried to fwd it to him!! sadly you cant capture the image but assume its the one of the Lotus Cortina doing some autocross - its quite used to that!!!!!
Old 26 Sep 2007, 09:51 (Ref:2023314)   #59
DaveTi
Rookie

England
Camberley, UK
Simon

Do you want the shot of Dagenhams finest cutting the grass?

Dave
Old 26 Sep 2007, 09:56 (Ref:2023319)   #60
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's Roger's car but he wasn't there that weekend. It was a friend driving it.

As far as I know, Roger doesn't have a website.
Old 26 Sep 2007, 10:23 (Ref:2023346)   #61
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.nirajpopat.com/mallory_park/mallory_3777.jpg

The evidence.

I've invited the driver to join the discussion and explain his line through that particular corner. It was one part of the weekend he failed to tell me about!!!

Georg, are you on line now?
Old 26 Sep 2007, 10:32 (Ref:2023351)   #62
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
out of interest which is a more heinious crime - a small excursion onto the grass or a 30 metre burn out in someone else pride and joy? ;o))
Old 26 Sep 2007, 10:32 (Ref:2023352)   #63
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
rogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrogerwills should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Georg is saying it was the mechanic driving on his way to fill the car up with fuel.......
Old 26 Sep 2007, 10:35 (Ref:2023356)   #64
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
30m? It was more like 300!
Old 26 Sep 2007, 10:37 (Ref:2023360)   #65
simon drabble
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwills
30m? It was more like 300!
sounds like he is allowed a few more offs then!
Old 26 Sep 2007, 10:47 (Ref:2023367)   #66
georgkjallgren
Rookie

georgkjallgren should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon drabble
I tried to fwd it to him!! sadly you cant capture the image but assume its the one of the Lotus Cortina doing some autocross - its quite used to that!!!!!
it wasnt roger unortunately it was not even during racing we were going for petrol
Old 26 Sep 2007, 10:51 (Ref:2023372)   #67
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
The explanation from the driver is something along the lines of the following:

"....but the car is an autocross car anyhow, at least thats how it spends most of its time when Roger is driving it......"

"....it seemed to have a misfire..... it seemed to happen quite a lot when the engine was sucking grass rather than air...."

"....it needs a clean that is all....."

"....we need to speak to Nick as there is obviously something wrong with the car - you can't keep it off the grass and neither could I - perhaps a handling issue...."

"....you do autocross that often no one seemed surprised when the car went on the grass...."

Thanks a lot for the evidence Peter!
Old 26 Sep 2007, 10:53 (Ref:2023374)   #68
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgkjallgren
it wasnt roger unortunately it was not even during racing we were going for petrol
Er where is the fuel stop on the circuit?

roger.

I'm in town at the moment I'm sure Silvers has some beer.
Old 26 Sep 2007, 11:00 (Ref:2023381)   #69
rogerwills
Veteran

New Zealand
London
Quote:
Er where is the fuel stop on the circuit?

roger.

I'm in town at the moment I'm sure Silvers has some beer.
Cheers Peter.

Steve, the owner is a good mate. Take a look on the wall - I'm in a ton of photos there from golf, generally with some quite attractive caddies!

Unfortunately I have my parents in Moscow doing some sightseeing so am on a fairly short leash. But perhaps a swift one next week before Spa?
Old 26 Sep 2007, 11:04 (Ref:2023387)   #70
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well I fly to the UK on Tuesday so maybe afterwards.
Old 26 Sep 2007, 11:06 (Ref:2023432)   #71
simon drabble
Veteran

Quote:
Well I fly to the UK on Tuesday so maybe afterwards.
get a room guys....... ;o)
Old 26 Sep 2007, 12:58 (Ref:2023535)   #72
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerwills
Georg is saying it was the mechanic driving on his way to fill the car up with fuel.......
It's good to see a mechanic taking safety so seriously......he appears to have borrowed a helmet!