Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 May 2015, 19:01 (Ref:3535596)   #1
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Official Spanish GP 2015 Thread

Hello everyone,

Not a lot to write here as i'm at work, but here's a thread for the Spanish GP of 2015.

Looks like the usual Merc front row lockout. McLarens much improved. Williams still in the middle of nowhere and still suffering from 2nd season syndrome (they can never sustain their pace).

Let's hope the boys in red can do something strategically in the race itself to challenge the Mercs.

Lap data
Lap length 4.655km (2.892 miles)
Race laps 66
Race distance 307.104km (190.826 miles)
Pole position Left-hand side of the track
Lap record* 1’21.670 (Kimi Raikkonen, 2008)
Fastest lap 1’19.954 (Rubens Barrichello, 2009, )
Maximum speed 332kph (206.295 mph)
DRS zone/s (race) Pit straight and straight after Campsa
Distance from grid to turn one 730m

Car performance
Full throttle 67%
Longest flat-out section 1310m
Downforce level High
Fuel use per lap 1.7kg
Time penalty per lap of fuel 0.051s

Strategy
2015 prime tyre: Hard (2014: Hard)
2015 option tyre: Medium (2014: Medium)

Practice 1 summary - http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2015/05/0...entry-slip-up/
Practice 2 summary - http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2015/05/0...ises-in-spain/

Selby

**Thanks to F1Fanatic.co.uk for all the data**
Old 8 May 2015, 19:24 (Ref:3535606)   #2
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Thank you! Youre doing an outstanding job now Frostie has fled the coop!
Old 9 May 2015, 01:10 (Ref:3535698)   #3
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
I thought Susie Wolff did a pretty fine job for someone with so little F1 time.
Old 9 May 2015, 01:28 (Ref:3535700)   #4
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
I thought Susie Wolff did a pretty fine job for someone with so little F1 time.
About 0.8 off Felipe, not too shabby.
It is high time that F1 brought in an extra practice session on Friday that only rookies can run in.
Would generate some interest back into the sport.
Old 9 May 2015, 03:33 (Ref:3535712)   #5
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think that Niki Lauda said that Ferrari now had the same amount of horsepower as the Mercedes. I suspect that the Mercedes still has a slight edge - but this might be a possible Ferrari win.

McLaren are supposed to be bringing upgrades(and not just their changed livery).

Let us not forget the really big news - the upcoming Christian Horner and Geri Halliwell wedding!
Old 9 May 2015, 12:04 (Ref:3535791)   #6
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quali time. Lets see who has what.
Old 9 May 2015, 12:19 (Ref:3535793)   #7
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Thank you! Youre doing an outstanding job now Frostie has fled the coop!
I fly back in every now and then...Actually in Barcelona for the race this weekend, bit of a bus drivers holiday but still great to come back and get a couple of F1 races a year. I'll be down in Monaco as well.

Here's a few pics from Thursday and yesterday though for anyone interested...

Old 9 May 2015, 12:52 (Ref:3535802)   #8
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I like those photos Frostie.I wonder how fast those Mercs are they seem to have a lot more pace than the others so far.
Old 9 May 2015, 13:07 (Ref:3535808)   #9
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Go Toro Rosso!, 5 and 6, well done!
Old 9 May 2015, 13:09 (Ref:3535809)   #10
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There we go Nico. Sainz Jr. 5th! Just sick.
Old 9 May 2015, 13:15 (Ref:3535811)   #11
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Finally, the start of the European season and just for a change, despite the usual Mercedes front row lock out, Nico Rosberg's on pole.
Old 9 May 2015, 16:50 (Ref:3535880)   #12
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good work from Nico. But - and this is the $64,000 question - can he win in the race? Will - he muck up the start(like he did in Abu Dhabi) or will Lewis overtake him in the race(which seems unlikely - as Spain is difficult to overtake on - in the dry and even with magical DRS)? It has sort of spiced the prospects up for tomorrow.

Well done to the Torro Rossos. There were superb.

The McLaren look to have improved as well.
Old 9 May 2015, 17:33 (Ref:3535891)   #13
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Lovely pictures frostie ! Thank you....

The cars are looking slow to me, does anyone else feel the same way?
Old 9 May 2015, 19:50 (Ref:3535939)   #14
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Yeh, I thought the cars looked particularly uninspiring and plodding today.

I either want to see a load of downforce bolted back on to these things (as we'd be keeping DRS, anyway), or a lot less so they're slippery and tricky looking to drive.

Still, happy for the Toro Rosso boys. Excellent performance. And a congrats is in order to Nico. Should make things a little more exciting tomorrow.

Looking forward to a hopeful repeat of the Mansell/Senna duel down the straight, sparks a-flying!

Selby
Old 10 May 2015, 13:52 (Ref:3536105)   #15
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Congrats to Rosberg on his first win of the season, makes a change. I missed most of the race, so it will be BBC highlights.
Old 10 May 2015, 15:39 (Ref:3536145)   #16
stripedcat
Veteran

Yep - well done Nico! He got it done today. A superb performance from him.
Old 10 May 2015, 19:11 (Ref:3536206)   #17
frostie
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
Don't know how it was from the sofa but it was pretty exciting from trackside. Looked like it was probably a bit of a snoozer unfortunately but at least Rosberg got a win to show that he can get something done this year. It's not going to be easy but another strong result at Monaco and at least he'll have a bit of momentum

Few pics from today in Catalunya....

Old 10 May 2015, 20:14 (Ref:3536229)   #18
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
Cheers Frostie. With all dues to everyone elses intros.. We all miss yours!
Old 10 May 2015, 21:35 (Ref:3536271)   #19
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Thank you for your intro "Dan" its much appreciated...
Old 10 May 2015, 21:40 (Ref:3536273)   #20
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostie View Post
Don't know how it was from the sofa but it was pretty exciting from trackside. Looked like it was probably a bit of a snoozer unfortunately but at least Rosberg got a win to show that he can get something done this year. It's not going to be easy but another strong result at Monaco and at least he'll have a bit of momentum

Few pics from today in Catalunya....

Old 10 May 2015, 22:02 (Ref:3536277)   #21
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Niki Lauda says there are rumours of some teams running an extra fuel tank.
The FIA have also tightened the rules regarding the fuel flow meters.
What I suspect is somebody might be putting an extra fuel container between the fuel flow meter and the injection pump(s) that is pressurised to the same pressure as that going through the flow meter.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns30787.html
Old 10 May 2015, 22:57 (Ref:3536286)   #22
frostie
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinvicta View Post
Cheers Frostie. With all dues to everyone elses intros.. We all miss yours!
Thanks djinvicta, just don't have the time any longer! I've hardly had time to watch the races this year, I saw Australia and that was it until today! Have to focus on MotoGP these days but I'll be down in Monaco at another couple of races through the year
Old 10 May 2015, 23:19 (Ref:3536290)   #23
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was a drab race, quite typical of Catalunya, however it was good to see a few battles through the field, and a win to someone other than Hamilton (from the season's perspective).

The race editors did a particularly good job of avoiding the Manors today. I think you got a tiny glimpse of them in the background while being lapped, but it was very obviously the are specifically trying to avoid them. Even the start replays cut them off.
Old 11 May 2015, 08:10 (Ref:3536368)   #24
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Two scary pit box incidents. I'm not normally one for layering on more rules, but should there be something to reduce the risks to mechanics?
  • Much lower speed limit for the last few metres?
  • All mechanics must stay inside the garage until the car is stopped?
I quite like the second idea. It would make stops slower and therefore discourage them. It would also make for some "interesting" mad-dash activity as the guys come running out.

Full marks to the Lotus jackman. It looks like that was a pre-planned escape: jump in the air and lean forwards, allow the jack to push you back.

Full marks to Alonso too. He was about to wipe out the entire righthand crew but took his foot off the brake, got some steerage and then had another go. Meanwhile the front jackman was somewhere near the Ramblas and still running, leaving his jack to be propelled to wherever.
Old 11 May 2015, 15:07 (Ref:3536471)   #25
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Definitely not non-stop excitement - for me the most fascinating (and puzzling) aspect of the race was how Lewis, after struggling to get on terms with Vettel on the soft tyres, bolted on the harder (theoretically slower) tyres and immediately started setting fastest laps, and dispatched Kimi's Ferrari with no problem at all....