Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 May 2015, 01:51 (Ref:3536616)   #1
BennyBoy1978
Veteran

England
Sydney
BennyBoy1978 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gingers In F1

Ok so clearly F1 is all about Sponsorship and Money this we are all in no doubt about, and Sponsors want their product associated with the best and they have to look good with it. This has been made perfectly clear by the addition of that rather nice looking lass at lotus who hasn't done so well in the past looking at results.

All of which got me wondering has there ever been a successful Ginger in F1? Sure we have seen Schumacher and Barrichello with RED Hair and Villeneuve with whatever colour took his fancy. But I don't remember ever seeing a full blown Ginger on the Grid.

So that creates the question is the whole Sponsorship/Money/Looks really such a new combination?
Old 12 May 2015, 11:13 (Ref:3536710)   #2
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
outside of f1, if you're looking for successful racing gingers then mike conway of toyota lmp1 fame is doing quite well for himself?
Old 12 May 2015, 11:29 (Ref:3536712)   #3
backfire
Rookie

backfire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does David Kennedy count? also Roger Williamson was a bit auburn. Although maybe you are using the term Ginger as in Cockney rhyming slang, in which case neither of the former apply.
Old 12 May 2015, 11:39 (Ref:3536717)   #4
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Not F1 but Al Unser jr did ok.
Old 12 May 2015, 11:40 (Ref:3536718)   #5
Graz
Veteran

Ireland
Graz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGraz should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Thierry Boutsen was red-ish
Old 12 May 2015, 11:44 (Ref:3536721)   #6
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Anthony Davidson might just qualify, or should've done, if ability is anything to go by.

Johnny Herbert looked a bit Ging at stages of his career!
Old 12 May 2015, 12:35 (Ref:3536745)   #7
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
I have to say that as my (red-headed) wife would say, tis is all a bit "Gingist"...
Old 12 May 2015, 16:32 (Ref:3536786)   #8
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Jenson Button?
Old 12 May 2015, 17:22 (Ref:3536796)   #9
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I bet he'd tell you it's strawberry blonde...

...surprised no-one's gone for any of the Scots yet
Old 12 May 2015, 17:37 (Ref:3536800)   #10
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
I dont believe this thread....
Old 12 May 2015, 18:03 (Ref:3536804)   #11
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyBoy1978 View Post
But I don't remember ever seeing a full blown Ginger on the Grid.

Old 12 May 2015, 18:09 (Ref:3536807)   #12
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh my days! After 6 years on the forum, my username FINALLY becomes relevant!

I always knew this day would come.

Johnny Herbert is definitely one of us. Innes Ireland looks a bit carroty in the rare coloured pictures you have of him. But in general, the under-representation of gingers in our sport is yet another example of the systematic and institutional discrimination against our kind, from all corners of society.
Old 12 May 2015, 21:03 (Ref:3536854)   #13
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i'm no expert on race numbers, but are you in fact repping team ginger in your avatar photo there?
Old 12 May 2015, 21:09 (Ref:3536855)   #14
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Outside of F1, Adam Morgan and Josh Cook in the BTCC and the ginger ninja Bradley Smith in MotoGP
Old 12 May 2015, 23:28 (Ref:3536897)   #15
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
So Button and Vettel qualify as ginger.

There, gingers over represented in driver population!
Old 13 May 2015, 03:34 (Ref:3536939)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So... are we all headed to Mr Horner's wedding to Ginger Spice on Friday?

Will they serve Ginger Snap biscuits all round?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 14 May 2015, 04:26 (Ref:3537296)   #17
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I had the pleasure of meeting the ginger in this photo when he was in Perth last week. Seems like a nice bloke and very down to earth.

If only we could amend the constitution to pick our next King.

(That choice probably applies to Thailand as well as Australia)
Old 14 May 2015, 23:31 (Ref:3537535)   #18
BennyBoy1978
Veteran

England
Sydney
I'd have to back Vettel, Herbert and Buttons claims of strawberry blonde. I guess us balding grey haired fella's just Ginger as Prince H and or the fame grabber from that girl band.
Old 15 May 2015, 00:39 (Ref:3537549)   #19
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I'd have to back Vettel, Herbert and Buttons claims of strawberry blonde. I guess us balding grey haired fella's just Ginger as Prince H and or the fame grabber from that girl band.
I for one have no idea what this post is supposed to mean.
Old 15 May 2015, 01:26 (Ref:3537560)   #20
BennyBoy1978
Veteran

England
Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
I for one have no idea what this post is supposed to mean.
I just reviewed my post and agree 100% I have no idea either. Multitasking isn't my strong point.

I think what I was trying to say is I wouldn't call Vettel, Herbert or Button Ginger. I see the likes of Prince Harry, The spice girl and Chris Evans as ginger the rest are a bit Brown/Blonde.
Old 15 May 2015, 06:18 (Ref:3537598)   #21
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
I just reviewed my post and agree 100% I have no idea either. Multitasking isn't my strong point.

I think what I was trying to say is I wouldn't call Vettel, Herbert or Button Ginger. I see the likes of Prince Harry, The spice girl and Chris Evans as ginger the rest are a bit Brown/Blonde.
Have thee same multitasking problem myself from time to time.