Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 Nov 2007, 14:06 (Ref:2056931)   #1
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Le Mans Classic 2008

Having just sent in the entry for this event,I wondered if anyone else out there is hopefull of doing it ?
Old 1 Nov 2007, 14:46 (Ref:2056964)   #2
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I'd love to, not sure FOrd had MK1 Cortinas in mind when they decided to take on Ferrari however!

we're seriously thinking of going anyway however
Old 1 Nov 2007, 16:10 (Ref:2057022)   #3
Redneck Rocket
Racer

Canada
Battersea, London
Redneck Rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRedneck Rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm definitely planning on attending having been and enjoyed 2006. My brother and father might be over from Canada as well. It had occurred to me that we might organize a ten-tenther's convoy down. The event is up to 1979 so pre- '79 classics only?
Old 1 Nov 2007, 16:45 (Ref:2057033)   #4
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not a bad idea,all those 10 ,10ther,s going down the A28 in a 100mph convoy! 79 is the cut off year,T70,s GT40s,not in my grid if I,m lucky enough though.
Old 1 Nov 2007, 18:01 (Ref:2057082)   #5
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
We wil be there and if any one wants an unpaid job for weekend but fed and watered let me know.6 +4 cars so it will be hard but as far as I am concerned it, with Spa 6 hrs ,are the best historic meetings.
Old 1 Nov 2007, 18:02 (Ref:2057085)   #6
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Forgot to say what superb picturers are included in the Entry Form!
Old 1 Nov 2007, 18:20 (Ref:2057108)   #7
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
What pictures would they be John??
Old 1 Nov 2007, 18:47 (Ref:2057129)   #8
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Volunteer No1 John, although I'll have family in tow, but we do have our own mobile 'digs' etc

I have plenty of imperial tools, ball pein, copper and hide
Old 1 Nov 2007, 20:45 (Ref:2057209)   #9
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

You could be in business.Final organisation will be in April but entry form went in this week and have paid with four cars in Grid 1,one in Grid 4 and one in Grid 6.Drivers include Gareth Burnett,Julian Bronson,Geoff Lister ,Patrick Blakeney Edwards,John Polson plus two others.Not all the cars in Grid 1 are green but the two that are not both raced at Le Mans in period,in fact one came second.Neither has been raced for many years .If I suffer from total brain fade tomorrow at Daytona we may have an extra car for Grid 5,
Old 1 Nov 2007, 21:39 (Ref:2057253)   #10
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I've put in for an entry. Haven't paid them yet, though. I figured if the first 'elimination jury' was in December, I'd pay in time for that!

Am hoping to put a team together. Any ten-tenthers want to make up a team?

Regards,

James

Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
Having just sent in the entry for this event,I wondered if anyone else out there is hopefull of doing it ?
Old 1 Nov 2007, 22:04 (Ref:2057269)   #11
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Sounds like a good idea SZ,what are your plans?.IF I get in,I,ll be in grid 4,would you be in that or 3.?

Last edited by terence; 1 Nov 2007 at 22:12.
Old 1 Nov 2007, 23:46 (Ref:2057321)   #12
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Can I volunteer as Dogsbody, John? I'll bring the cameras...
Attached Thumbnails
29 Talbot and 44 Datsun duel.jpg  
Old 2 Nov 2007, 09:32 (Ref:2057546)   #13
SZRacer
Racer

England
North Cotswolds
SZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSZRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll be in grid 3 (IF I get in, as well!)

Regards,

James

Quote:
Sounds like a good idea SZ,what are your plans?.IF I get in,I,ll be in grid 4,would you be in that or 3.?
Old 2 Nov 2007, 09:39 (Ref:2057550)   #14
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by SZRacer
I'll be in grid 3 (IF I get in, as well!)

Regards,

James
Are you at Silverstone tomorrow?
Old 2 Nov 2007, 10:03 (Ref:2057571)   #15
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Are you at Silverstone tomorrow?
are you Terry? If so come and say hi - are you with Peter? I presume that isnt my shell he is racing, if it is he is quick at rebuilds!!!!
Old 2 Nov 2007, 16:46 (Ref:2058014)   #16
Redneck Rocket
Racer

Canada
Battersea, London
Redneck Rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRedneck Rocket should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston
We wil be there and if any one wants an unpaid job for weekend but fed and watered let me know.6 +4 cars so it will be hard but as far as I am concerned it, with Spa 6 hrs ,are the best historic meetings.
Am happy to help out with whatever needs helping. Keen to learn as much as possible!
Old 2 Nov 2007, 16:54 (Ref:2058027)   #17
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
I'm going up,got to go and meet the Royalty.No racing but will be wondering around in a daze,you know,like normalAny idea where youll be parked Simon.
Old 2 Nov 2007, 20:33 (Ref:2058168)   #18
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Terry . . .look for smoke

if you see a MK1 transit that looks like its on fire it'll be Lord Drabble in his new mobile humidor
Old 2 Nov 2007, 21:26 (Ref:2058196)   #19
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
Terry . . .look for smoke

if you see a MK1 transit that looks like its on fire it'll be Lord Drabble in his new mobile humidor
Theres me thinking he's skint!! Banker!
Old 3 Nov 2007, 11:50 (Ref:2058548)   #20
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So the next one is 2010? Should have the RS2600 by then.
Old 3 Nov 2007, 13:03 (Ref:2058561)   #21
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Peter-Thats correct
Old 3 Nov 2007, 13:15 (Ref:2058567)   #22
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
How do you know about the RS?
Old 3 Nov 2007, 13:39 (Ref:2058577)   #23
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

I know the LMC is due 2010,about the RS nothing but its a good idea to have one or the BMW.both of which will be much more appreciated in the next five years
Old 3 Nov 2007, 14:15 (Ref:2058592)   #24
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
I'd like an RS as well, didn't they run 3 at Spa in 74 ? finished 10th or something
Old 3 Nov 2007, 14:53 (Ref:2058618)   #25
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks like I'll be crossing the Channel in the opposite direction to you lot next July then! I'm sure LMC is great fun for the racers but trying to work it in a journalistic capacity was a nightmare & I'd need a very good reason to repeat the experience.

Fortunately Group C is the support act to the 24-Hours next year, so I shall look forward to that.