Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 May 2015, 13:23 (Ref:3539313)   #51
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Per Reuters: “Germany's Audi rules out entry into Formula One racing
Old 19 May 2015, 18:23 (Ref:3539403)   #52
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
Yes, it would seem as though the CEO is not overly impressed by the shenanigans in Formula 1. I must admit that, if I was the head of Audi, that I would not appreciate being drawn into a spat that was not of my company's making, and being dragged in as a bargaining pawn into the equation!

I am sure that the veiled threat (to the FIA, I must assume?) that Red Bull and Toro Rosso may leave F1 if Audi doesn't enter as a PSU provider was not exactly a diplomatic pronouncement, and I doubt that it was well received in the VW boardroom. Red Bull are great members of the F1 circus when things are going well, but now that they are suffering as others such McLaren and Williams have done in the past (and still are as in the case of McLaren), then they have shown that they are extremely poor losers. And it is not a pretty sight!
Old 19 May 2015, 20:17 (Ref:3539439)   #53
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think the telling quote from that article is...

Quote:
Formula One needs to solve its problems on its own
So don't expect Audi to show up and dump a bunch of money into the existing mess to help prop things up. If I was Audi I would say... "Bring us a quality and proven product and then we can talk." And hopefully Audi is smart enough to not think they are smart enough to show up, throw their weight around and make a few demands to get their way on a few points and then jump in thinking all will be great.

Richard
Old 19 May 2015, 23:25 (Ref:3539485)   #54
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
I think the telling quote from that article is...

So don't expect Audi to show up and dump a bunch of money into the existing mess to help prop things up. If I was Audi I would say... "Bring us a quality and proven product and then we can talk." And hopefully Audi is smart enough to not think they are smart enough to show up, throw their weight around and make a few demands to get their way on a few points and then jump in thinking all will be great.

Richard
The first thing I'd want solved if I was Audi would be for the distribution of funds to accurately reflect the results.

On the other hand maybe Audi could negotiate an unfair distribution in its favour with Bernie, Ferrari style.
Old 25 May 2015, 20:10 (Ref:3541169)   #55
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It seems about as likely as ever. I mean, the Audi-to-F1 rumors have been around for more than fifteen years and always keep coming back.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/8421

Maybe they'll come. Some time. But I have no energy to think about ifs and maybe's on this topic, and if someone's 'right' this time, well, even a broken clock... I'll get interested when there's some actual news!