Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 2 Aug 2015, 06:45 (Ref:3563191)   #1
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
The Bear is back

It seems Murphy's blog is back online after a hiatus. Good to see him back, I always enjoyed reading his blog, although I can think of some who would not share that view. I thought he'd stopped permenantly so it was a pleasant surprise to discover recently that he'd started writing again.

http://murphythebear.com/blog/
Old 2 Aug 2015, 12:36 (Ref:3563260)   #2
wdave0
Veteran

United States
NY
wdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwdave0 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow! It's been so long I forgot how much I missed him!
Old 2 Aug 2015, 12:51 (Ref:3563262)   #3
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good find!
Old 2 Aug 2015, 12:58 (Ref:3563267)   #4
seanyb505
Veteran

United States
Simpsonville, SC
seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!seanyb505 is going for a new world record!
I enjoyed reading his blog when there was a series worth constructive criticism. It's too easy now that Tudor is the only show in town.

Though I must admit going back and reading the 3 new posts it comes across as a "Get off my lawn" mentality. I also don't want people on my lawn, but if the neighbors are having a party, it's courteous to give them a pass, despite me still wanting to water the lawn.

Still, glad he's writing again.
Old 2 Aug 2015, 23:00 (Ref:3563382)   #5
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
I did not like the ridiculously cryptic rumor hints/messages
Old 2 Aug 2015, 23:32 (Ref:3563385)   #6
pach233
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
pach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpach233 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Murphy would be welcome to join us at the not yet existing bitterracingfans.com.
Old 3 Aug 2015, 02:03 (Ref:3563403)   #7
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by pach233 View Post
Murphy would be welcome to join us at the not yet existing bitterracingfans.com.
Who is this murphy the bear anyway? I did read his posts too. I like that he is a big fan of GT cars. He made it clear that GTLM is his favorite class in TUSC. And he likes GT3's too.
Old 3 Aug 2015, 02:11 (Ref:3563404)   #8
MoMedic9019
Veteran

United States
Wauwatosa, WI
MoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMoMedic9019 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
Who is this murphy the bear anyway? I did read his posts too. I like that he is a big fan of GT cars. He made it clear that GTLM is his favorite class in TUSC. And he likes GT3's too.
He from the era when GrandAm really sucked, and the ALMS was booming...
“We’re trying to close the doors without embarrassing ourselves, the France family and embarrassing (the) Grand American Series,” he said in the deposition. “There is no money. There is no purse. There’s nothing.”
Old 3 Aug 2015, 02:18 (Ref:3563405)   #9
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He was also a member here for a time. Posting under his real name.
Old 3 Aug 2015, 02:58 (Ref:3563410)   #10
FLGTFAN
Racer

United States
Naples, Florida
FLGTFAN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
He was a DSC contributor, and always seemed a paddock insider during the ALMS days. It does appear that he has been away from the scene for awhile. His older writing was not as dependent on listing favored drivers or teams, and there are no Corvettes in World Challenge.
Old 3 Aug 2015, 04:17 (Ref:3563413)   #11
Lagunaseca_4life
Veteran

United States
Central Valley CA
Lagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLagunaseca_4life should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He also had two profiles on the old alms fans forum,Good to see him back.
Old 3 Aug 2015, 14:59 (Ref:3563524)   #12
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137630
Old 3 Aug 2015, 16:46 (Ref:3563541)   #13
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
If I remember correctly, the Bear was never a big fan of the 'relevancy' theme of sports cars in the ALMS. In fact, I seem to remember his being quite hostile towards the idea. Wondering if, after the long hibernation and the huge success of the WEC with hybrids being the top class, he has changed his mind toward the subject?
Old 3 Aug 2015, 21:08 (Ref:3563591)   #14
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberMotor View Post
If I remember correctly, the Bear was never a big fan of the 'relevancy' theme of sports cars in the ALMS. In fact, I seem to remember his being quite hostile towards the idea. Wondering if, after the long hibernation and the huge success of the WEC with hybrids being the top class, he has changed his mind toward the subject?
Sounded like it especially after this year's LM visit. Read the blog.
Old 3 Aug 2015, 21:13 (Ref:3563593)   #15
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Add me to the list of people who were happy to see a return from hibernation for the bear. I had a great weekend at Laguna Seca once hanging out with Tom and the bear and his crew at the corkscrew view RV location. Tom was a good guy and was lots of fun to talk with, he sure knew everyone.

That same year at Petit Le Mans I had a friend with me who I liked messing around with. He went to go use one of the porta-johns and I thought it would be fun to push on the thing to pretend like I was going to tip it over. Someone in an authoritative voice yelled at me to stop what I was doing, I thought oh no, here I am going to get kicked out of Road Atlanta. Instead it was Tom giving me a hard time. That was the last I saw of him.
Old 4 Aug 2015, 04:29 (Ref:3563661)   #16
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Sounded like it especially after this year's LM visit. Read the blog.
Since I was the recipient of much of that disdain and disrespect from the Bear, I thought I should point out that there has been a huge shift in the perspective of the Bear after he has woken up. (PS: I know Tom has his hand up the Bear's...).

I just wanted to point out the fact that Audi, Porsche, Toyota, and Nissan agreed with me and not the Bear. I know it is a minor point in a decade of humiliation, but thought it important that the world's leading automotive manufactures agreed with me and not the Bear.

Just wish America would wake up from their hybridnation and could produce a relevant Hybrid solution that the Bear could support.