Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 3 Aug 2015, 15:11 (Ref:3563529)   #126
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Question for you BGT experts: has the Brands Hatch July date been a (more or less) fixed one over the years or has the event been bouncing all over the schedule? Thx.
Old 3 Aug 2015, 18:40 (Ref:3563555)   #127
Ginaro Zukovsky
Racer

Ginaro Zukovsky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.britishgt.com/calendar.php look for yourself
Old 3 Aug 2015, 19:51 (Ref:3563574)   #128
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
That worked, thanks. Not overly consistent it seems however...
Old 3 Aug 2015, 20:07 (Ref:3563580)   #129
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterY View Post
22GT had front brake failure, fairly minor damage just a mirror and dislodging front wing and collecting a lot of gravel
Ah thanks, im glad it wasn't too badly damaged after the Silverstone accident.
Old 4 Aug 2015, 05:19 (Ref:3563667)   #130
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hear hear was thinking exactly the same thing. Maybe its just that the Ferrari was a bit to quick early season and in danger of ruining the Aston Martin Party - ....
Old 14 Aug 2015, 11:40 (Ref:3565977)   #131
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just uploaded a few snaps from Brands, few of my faves...

...few more here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/229616...57654910389793

If anyone is interested!
Old 19 Aug 2015, 05:24 (Ref:3566872)   #132
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Snetterton

I see the exocet in the Black Mclaren is back from his ban at Snetterton It must be some sort of record 12 points in two race meetings and yet It seems he has been racing elsewhere - on what licence? He was clearly out of his depth at Oulton and Rockingham and yet BGT have him back - does he pay for the damage he causes to other drivers cars? Money talks I guess.....
Old 23 Aug 2015, 12:05 (Ref:3567902)   #133
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
I see the exocet in the Black Mclaren is back from his ban at Snetterton It must be some sort of record 12 points in two race meetings and yet It seems he has been racing elsewhere - on what licence? He was clearly out of his depth at Oulton and Rockingham and yet BGT have him back - does he pay for the damage he causes to other drivers cars? Money talks I guess.....
Lasted 4 laps before hitting the Ferrari...
Old 23 Aug 2015, 15:12 (Ref:3567933)   #134
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Going to be a wet race 2 at Snetterton, after the Astons finished 1,2,3,4 in race 1 im sure the rain is music to the ears of Attard/Sims.

As for Yoluc the car was excluded from race 1 due to poor driving standards again. Its understandable why Von Ryan haven't told him to find another team but im sure it cant help their reputation after very promising races in Blancpain.

Just saw that Attard & Sims were given a 30 second time penalty for the contact with Mike Simpsons Ginetta, overkill much?

Start of race two and title contenders Attard/Sims and Griffin/Butcher made contact on the exit of turn 2 both cars receiving punctures and suspension damage.

Last edited by tux; 23 Aug 2015 at 15:41.
Old 23 Aug 2015, 16:23 (Ref:3567948)   #135
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Beechdean win race two after it was red flagged with 10 minutes to go due to absolutely horrific weather conditions. Amazing car control from everyone to be fair.
Old 23 Aug 2015, 20:21 (Ref:3567989)   #136
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Yuluc excluded again! This must be a record? Three consecutive events and three exclusions - wow has there ever been a worse record even Maldanado cannot match that. I see the Ferrari didn't make race two after the Yuluc attack. Shouldn't the RAC be looking at this Guy who is clearly completely in over his head?
Old 23 Aug 2015, 21:01 (Ref:3567997)   #137
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Im surprised the Ferrari did not take part in race 2, it finished race 1 and the damage was minor.
Old 24 Aug 2015, 11:12 (Ref:3568197)   #138
BG76
Rookie

England
Cambridgeshire
BG76 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBG76 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Really enjoyed the weekend at Snetterton. We've uploaded a few pics from the meeting, hope you like them!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/992298...57657598204136
Old 24 Aug 2015, 17:50 (Ref:3568327)   #139
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Yuluc excluded again! This must be a record? Three consecutive events and three exclusions - wow has there ever been a worse record even Maldanado cannot match that. I see the Ferrari didn't make race two after the Yuluc attack. Shouldn't the RAC be looking at this Guy who is clearly completely in over his head?
Clearly learned nothing after his suspension then. I heard the commentators mention in the wet in race 2 he was 8 seconds per lap off the pace of the front runners!? In the interests of a balanced argument I can only presume that was when the conditions were beginning to get really bad.

If he offends again at Donington then the discussion needs to happen as to weather or not he needs his licence taking off him for good, or to ban him from such powerful cars for a few years - not sure of his racing record before BGT!?
Old 31 Aug 2015, 08:07 (Ref:3570180)   #140
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
I hear Gary Eastwood has withdrawn from BGT following Snetterton.....
Old 13 Sep 2015, 12:49 (Ref:3573587)   #141
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
If the officials apply driving standard rules today how they were earlier in the season then there will be alot of disqualifications..
Old 13 Sep 2015, 12:51 (Ref:3573589)   #142
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Quote:
I hear Gary Eastwood has withdrawn from BGT following Snetterton.....
Im not surprised, he has been threatening to do it for a while. They were screwed over at Rockingham.
Old 13 Sep 2015, 12:52 (Ref:3573590)   #143
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNewBob View Post
Clearly learned nothing after his suspension then. I heard the commentators mention in the wet in race 2 he was 8 seconds per lap off the pace of the front runners!? In the interests of a balanced argument I can only presume that was when the conditions were beginning to get really bad.

If he offends again at Donington then the discussion needs to happen as to weather or not he needs his licence taking off him for good, or to ban him from such powerful cars for a few years - not sure of his racing record before BGT!?
Dailysportscar's morning warmup report for Donington suggested the #12 McLaren was a likely non-starter after it went off heavily into the barriers at McLeans- No prizes for guessing who was at the helm....

Does anyone know Mr Yoluc's racing background, because he really does seem out of his depth in a GT3...?
Old 13 Sep 2015, 14:19 (Ref:3573605)   #144
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by KA View Post
Dailysportscar's morning warmup report for Donington suggested the #12 McLaren was a likely non-starter after it went off heavily into the barriers at McLeans- No prizes for guessing who was at the helm....

Does anyone know Mr Yoluc's racing background, because he really does seem out of his depth in a GT3...?
On the outlap as well.

But he raced International GT Open and Nurburgring GT4 races recently and didn't do anything crazy.
Old 13 Sep 2015, 17:32 (Ref:3573624)   #145
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

He did pretty well in GT Open as far as I am aware. I wonder if it is down to the car.
Old 13 Sep 2015, 19:23 (Ref:3573642)   #146
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Are you discussing about the guy driving the McLaren second stint? He pushed the Oman Aston Martin exiting the chicane. Also I didn´t like Jamie Chadwick, crashing with another car in the first lap and then incident with the Barwell BMW.

Congratulations to Howard and Adam!

Good racing day at Donington, the autograph session was packed! The afternoon races were a bit dull with too many safety cars.
Old 14 Sep 2015, 09:42 (Ref:3573765)   #147
PeterY
Racer

England
Oxfordshire
PeterY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I believe he only started racing last year, mostly in a Ginetta G55 doing Britcar and GT Cup to gain the signatures to do British GT this year. Then he did Dubai 24h

After the accidents he had this year I do wonder if a harsher penalty is needed. Even with the accidents he is having on his own it costs all the other cars on the grid money in lost track time. not to mention the ones he has had against other cars.

I believe that the criteria to race in higher level series should be harder to meet. 1 season of car racing is not sufficient to then be racing car as fast as a GT3 car. With slower progression through different series race craft and car control is developed which is all used when driving the faster cars. I don't think expecting all drivers competing in something like British GT should have competed in 3 seasons of car racing would be unreasonable.
Old 14 Sep 2015, 19:51 (Ref:3573875)   #148
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starfish Primer View Post

Good racing day at Donington...
Interesting take. I'm afraid I lost interest when Attard didn't come past me anymore because the result was pretty much a foregone conclusion after that.
Old 19 Sep 2015, 06:15 (Ref:3574834)   #149
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
so Yoluc destroyed his car ON HIS OUTLAP?!!! Really ? How can this character be allowed on a track? Where is the RAC? presumably money talks....

Also, how come Chadwick and Griffin didn't get points on their licences like Eastwood and Carroll did earlier in the season. It seems to me if your face doesn't fit in BGT then life can be difficult. I only met Gary Eastwood once - he seemed super nice and just the sort of Gentelman racer BGT should attract..
Old 19 Sep 2015, 06:29 (Ref:3574836)   #150
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Quote:
so Yoluc destroyed his car ON HIS OUTLAP?!!! Really ? How can this character be allowed on a track? Where is the RAC? presumably money talks....

Also, how come Chadwick and Griffin didn't get points on their licences like Eastwood and Carroll did earlier in the season. It seems to me if your face doesn't fit in BGT then life can be difficult. I only met Gary Eastwood once - he seemed super nice and just the sort of Gentelman racer BGT should attract..
Yeah, the rules have been very random. I still don't understand how Eastwood and Carroll were disqualified from Rockingham but an identical contact between 2 Ginettas at Brands Hatch went unpunished.