Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 29 Aug 2007, 07:01 (Ref:1998939)   #151
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
There web site is not up to date and usually that does not bode well. They are about 1/2 a second per lap off Melo's pace. Melo being a factory driver knows, along with Salo know were the edge is in the 430 and can go over that without falling off.

The Panoz is still a bit twhichy under braking and under acceleration. If you notice even when Auberlin got under Henzler (I have to rewatch I think it was Henzler...) anyway, the car was moving around under braking.

I just think the car need a few more hours in the wind tunnel and it should be okay. Output is down but I think they need to go for more displacement if that is the case. I believe the are using a 5.0L version of the Ford Peformance "Romeo" Modular V8. I am not sure Elan is the ready for the big shoes they need to fill. Yes they have some ex-Yates employees and all that, but unlike a NASCAR engine dept, it doesn't run around the clock due to budgets of course.

There's still live in the car, its up to Dr Don if he wants to burn more money into the project. I don't see many Panoz on the street, I did see one the other day however, I think its a bit pricey for the car you get...

We'll just have to see as we move into the off-season.
Old 29 Aug 2007, 11:25 (Ref:1999101)   #152
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie

There's still live in the car, its up to Dr Don if he wants to burn more money into the project. I don't see many Panoz on the street, I did see one the other day however, I think its a bit pricey for the car you get...

We'll just have to see as we move into the off-season.
No need to wait for the off-season.

We already know that Panoz isn't putting money into development, or to the team. PTG is partially funding this, just to keep it going, and even then, there isn't enough money without a funded driver in the second car. I can't see PTG funding this for a second year, so it is highly likely to be dropped next year.
Old 29 Aug 2007, 12:34 (Ref:1999143)   #153
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Precisely what I was going to point out Fogelhund. Dr. Don has had nothing to do with the GTLM GT2 car for a while now. What it accomplishes is thanks to Multimatic (for what they did last year), LNT and PTG. Unless my young eyes deceive me, the PTG group have brought that car along in leaps and bounds so hopefully in doing so they will have bought a few more competitive years for the Esperante - until BMW provide them with a better option.

Chris
Old 31 Aug 2007, 16:02 (Ref:2000937)   #154
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
ALMS take on Mosport

Well it looks like they have pretty well made up their mind on what and how it happened. And from the last paragraph it is pretty apparent that everything pretty much will stay the way it finished (race), the only thing yet to be resolved is the Flying Lizards protest.

LINK to ALMS statement

L.P.