Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 22 Aug 2007, 01:35 (Ref:1994191)   #26
Mosport Fan
Rookie

Canada
Sydney Australia, formerly Canada
Mosport Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Inside, right beside the guy who flies the Player's flags
Old 22 Aug 2007, 03:05 (Ref:1994203)   #27
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
I'm going to have to get near these flags so I have some way of finding my way back to my tent, .
Old 22 Aug 2007, 04:59 (Ref:1994224)   #28
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Heading down from Kingston and meeting my dad from Toronto, will be there all 3 days as I have since 2001. We normally head to the paddock and Turn 2 on Friday morning and spend the rest of the weekend sitting right on the fenceline at 5.

racerkeke, hope you get posted down at 5 one day...the marshals there are pretty consistently entertaining between races I must say. Do you know the folks that bring rubber costume face masks and other props to wear during the parade laps? Hilariously weird.
Old 22 Aug 2007, 05:19 (Ref:1994238)   #29
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here is the #33 Corvette of Fellows and Pilgrim.

Image Thanks to "greendot" at corvetteforum.

L.P.
Old 22 Aug 2007, 07:11 (Ref:1994278)   #30
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We thought we'd pop over for the race, well actually we are visiting family in Toronto, just happened that we arranged out holiday to overlap the Mosport and Detroit ALMS events....

Where's the best spots to watch from at Mosport? Is it worth getting there early to avoid the traffic?
Old 22 Aug 2007, 07:54 (Ref:1994302)   #31
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff
...just happened that we arranged out holiday to overlap the Mosport and Detroit ALMS events....
Bit of luck, that.

Just like yourself, my life does not revolve around motorsport at all. It is all a total coincidence that life events fit nicely in the spots between relevant motorsport events (or coincide in a similarly useful manner).

You'd think it was pre-ordained, or something.
Old 22 Aug 2007, 09:11 (Ref:1994354)   #32
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I remember hearing that the 2nd AGR chassis might make a couple of races this year ..... what is the news about that ?
Old 22 Aug 2007, 11:09 (Ref:1994415)   #33
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger
I remember hearing that the 2nd AGR chassis might make a couple of races this year ..... what is the news about that ?
None, so far.
Old 22 Aug 2007, 12:32 (Ref:1994477)   #34
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff
Where's the best spots to watch from at Mosport? Is it worth getting there early to avoid the traffic?
Infield, turn 2 is the easiest "great" area (top of the hill) - but the new catch fence does spoil it a bit. Down the hill at 2 is great. Outfield at turn 5 aka Moss corner is probably the highest investment, but the return is worth it. Also worthy of note is outfield at 1, outfield at 10, outfield at 9, and, well, everywhere.

There will likely be a fair bit of drive up traffic on Sunday, so, yes, earlier is better.

Here's the racing schedule on Sunday:

8:30 am - 8:45 am Warm Up - Formula BMW USA
9:05 am - 9:35 am IMSA Lites Presented by Hankook Race #2 - 30 Minutes
9:55 am - 10:25 am IMSA GT3 Cup by Michelin Race #2 - 30 Minutes
10:35 am - 11:00 am Warm Up - American Le Mans Series (All Classes)
11:15 am - 12:15 pm SPEED World Challenge Touring Race - 50 Minutes
12:15 pm - 1:05 pm Lunch
12:15 pm MANDATORY DRIVER AUTOGRAPH SESSION FOR ALL AMERICAN LE MANS SERIES DRIVERS IN THE AMERICAN LE MANS SERIES PADDOCK
1:30 pm - 2:00 pm Formula BMW USA Race #2 - 30 Minutes
3:04 pm - 5:49 pm Mobil 1 Presents Grand Prix of Mosport Race for the American Le Mans Series - Round 9 (2 Hours 45 Minutes)

I'd recommend coming in time for the Touring race.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 22 Aug 2007, 17:28 (Ref:1994626)   #35
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yep, we drive up from Toronto each day, and there is a fair amount of drive-up traffic on Sunday if you come at 'normal' time. We've taken to arriving long before the first track action, but that is to lock down a seat for the day rather than for any other reason. If you're planning to rove about, Paul's got the right idea.

Paul's guide to spots, including that crappy catch fence at 2, is dead-on. For the most passing, I'd recommend the top of the backstraight, but for the prettiest view the outfield of 5 is tops. Short of something at Spa or the Nordschleife, it's probably one of the prettiest in motorsport.
Old 22 Aug 2007, 17:53 (Ref:1994644)   #36
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
guide to spots, including that crappy catch fence at 2, is dead-on. For the most passing, I'd recommend the top of the backstraight...
Well, see, I camp infield at 7-8 and I was hoping to steer you riff raff away.

... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 22 Aug 2007, 18:58 (Ref:1994682)   #37
Leighton Irwin
Veteran

Canada
Victoria Harbour (on Georgian Bay)
Leighton Irwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

When drivers spectate they usually go to the top of 2 or if the crowd there is huge the inside of 9. 9 is close to the paddock. I recently have liked 3 toward the entrance from the marshall stand. Can see from the bottom of 2 to the entrance to 4. Outside of 5 is great especially if you can see all of 4 known to us ol' f**ts as the chute. See my signature.
Old 22 Aug 2007, 20:14 (Ref:1994719)   #38
yamato
Racer

yamato should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My spotter's guide is now up:

http://lastturnclub.com/index.php?op...pper&Itemid=80

Old 22 Aug 2007, 22:26 (Ref:1994783)   #39
Mosport Fan
Rookie

Canada
Any word for the second Panoz yet? Would be great to see Scotty Maxwell in A car....
Old 22 Aug 2007, 22:34 (Ref:1994787)   #40
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosport Fan
Any word for the second Panoz yet? Would be great to see Scotty Maxwell in A car....
The ALMS web-site lists a second Panoz but no drivers for the car, so it doesn't look good while the PlanetLemans web-site only lists the Hand/Auberlin #22 Panoz. Unless something changes soon, it looks like poor Scott will not have a ride at Mosport. Too bad!

DK
Old 22 Aug 2007, 23:34 (Ref:1994811)   #41
Mosport Fan
Rookie

Canada
No 2nd Panoz at Mosport

Just got off the phone with my dad at Mosport, talked to Scotty today and no 2nd Panoz for Mosport, and likely as such until PLM due to funding.

Oh well........

C'Mon Dr. Don, give Mr Milner a little "donation".........
Old 23 Aug 2007, 08:01 (Ref:1994906)   #42
AstonGeoff
Veteran

England
Witney
AstonGeoff should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for all of the advice everyone!

Only gotta get through today at work then we fly tomorrow, yippeeee
Old 23 Aug 2007, 09:40 (Ref:1994951)   #43
The359
Veteran

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
The359 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any confirmation on Intersport's tires?
Old 23 Aug 2007, 11:25 (Ref:1995017)   #44
NikkiM
Rookie

Italy
NikkiM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mosport Pre Race Testing?

I believe there was some testing at Mosport last week, has anyone seen any times? Regards, Nikki.
Old 23 Aug 2007, 11:48 (Ref:1995034)   #45
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikkiM
I believe there was some testing at Mosport last week, has anyone seen any times? Regards, Nikki.
There has been testing since Monday. Lap Times are never published, nor scored by IMSA.
Old 23 Aug 2007, 12:17 (Ref:1995060)   #46
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The359
Any confirmation on Intersport's tires?
Looks like they have said Dunlops!

DK
Old 23 Aug 2007, 12:37 (Ref:1995077)   #47
NikkiM
Rookie

Italy
NikkiM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
There has been testing since Monday. Lap Times are never published, nor scored by IMSA.
ok thanks for that.
Old 24 Aug 2007, 16:57 (Ref:1995912)   #48
yamato
Racer

yamato should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
in an interview on endurance-info, Romain Dumas said that in the test sessions on Sunday and Monday, that the Dyson Spyders were about 1/2 second back of them but that the Acuras were right with the Penske cars turning 1:06 laps which is more than a full second better than the fastest ever race lap set by Guy Smith in the Dyson Lola last year (the LMP1 qually record is still Biela's 1:07.1 from 2002). :0
Old 25 Aug 2007, 01:06 (Ref:1996128)   #49
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
Just got back from Day 1 of my Mosport weekend, and despite the torrential downpour just at the end of the ALMS session (which in turn lead to me obtaining rare photos of course workers removing mud from the track surface with spades) it was most enjoyable.

My impressions of the ALMS session were garnered from Moss Corner (5) and augmented by the radio web. I feel that the RS Spyders, especially the Penske cars, are exceptionally well-balanced the way they were set up, and that in clear track once the GT cars had left they would be superiour (and they were, Dumas setting the quick time then). However the Audis were not appearing to handle badly, merely looking a little looser between 5a and 5b. In traffic at a track like Mosport where passing cleanly is so difficult, I think that the torque advantage of the Audi will overcome the raw pace deficit (as the 1 and 2 cars led the combined session). Acura also looked well-balanced but just slightly slower than the Penske cars, about on the pace of the Dyson Spyders.

As far as GT cars go, having 3 Vettes is nice, but doesn't make up for the lack of competition when one is watching trackside. The 62 Ferrari looks very very good and nicely set up, but the 61 looked a little ragged (driver inexperience?) and I think 31 is also suffering from Dumbreck's inexperience in multiple ways combined with Dirk Muller's absence since 2001. The Porsches are also very strong, 45 and 71 both getting great drive out of 5 up the hill, a visible improvement in grip over the 996 RSR, which in turn was so much less bouncy than the RS. Interesting to see improvement so clearly manifested in the flesh.
Old 25 Aug 2007, 04:33 (Ref:1996155)   #50
macannie
Rookie

macannie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BREAKING NEWS!!!

Macdaddy (remember him? )
Will be at Mosport Saturday, Sunday...
Wearing a white "Smokin' Mac Daddy" t-shirt featuring a crow smoking a cigar (Sat)
And on Sunday... wearing a blue "North Las Vegas- FIRE department" t-shirt (Sun).

If it gets cold... he'll be wearing a Forsythe racing jacket.

If you see him, make sure to say hello... and he still drinks Bud.
(His sister does too- that's me.)
Hope to see you there.