Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 17 Jul 2011, 20:17 (Ref:2927795)   #1
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GP2 Nurburgring 2011

now next weekend it is time for these cars to hit the Nurburgring and that means of course hunt the TV showings again!
I know the 1st race is motorbike permitting but I do not know where is the hell is race 2 for next weekend?
Old 17 Jul 2011, 22:28 (Ref:2927858)   #2
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
on the actual news front, italiaracing reports that kevin ceccon won't be taking part in the nurburgring or hungaroring rounds to focus on autogp. a wise move, considering he's currently second behind filippi in the championship.
Old 17 Jul 2011, 22:29 (Ref:2927859)   #3
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
9pm Sunday night.

The way that Eurosport are treating GP2 now it's making me concerned that they wouldn't be too bothered if they don't have the rights to it next year...
Old 18 Jul 2011, 03:37 (Ref:2927916)   #4
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
on the actual news front, italiaracing reports that kevin ceccon won't be taking part in the nurburgring or hungaroring rounds to focus on autogp. a wise move, considering he's currently second behind filippi in the championship.
But Rigon isn't fit enough to return to his Coloni drive. Who will take that place?
Old 18 Jul 2011, 05:32 (Ref:2927934)   #5
skells22
Veteran

so it looks like i turning on the pc to wztch this live again
Old 18 Jul 2011, 18:59 (Ref:2928216)   #6
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Speaking of which, GP2 Hungaroring clashes with Auto GP Oschersleben next week. I wonder which Filippi will do?
Old 18 Jul 2011, 21:56 (Ref:2928297)   #7
skells22
Veteran

that is a very good point made about next weekend . i will keep tabs on that and when someone starts next weekend thread and i get news i post it up
Old 20 Jul 2011, 12:13 (Ref:2928954)   #8
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Italiaracing announced that Adam Carroll will replace Luca Filippi at SuperNova.
Alas, Filippi could take Rigon/Ceccon place at Coloni for these rounds.
Old 20 Jul 2011, 17:15 (Ref:2929070)   #9
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
something about filippi replacing ceccon: http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/93195

Quote:
Kevin decided to focus on his main program for the 2011 season, which makes a lot of sense as he is also fighting for the title there.

"So, for me thinking about Luca to step-in was a pretty natural choice.
yeah, he's fighting for the title... with filippi. samuele buttarelli is 18 points behind ceccon, who is in turn, 18 points behind filippi.

back on topic, it'll be interesting to see how quick adam carroll is. he didn't seem rusty in fr3.5 or autogp...
Old 21 Jul 2011, 08:09 (Ref:2929297)   #10
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
In the few A1 GP's I caught, I always enjoyed Carroll. Real racer!!

Good luck to him.

Selby
Old 21 Jul 2011, 08:34 (Ref:2929303)   #11
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
These new cars seem a bit tricky to get hold of thought don't they, even for experienced drivers?

Look at Filippi and Parente, their form's been a bit up and down, perhaps because they can't get their heads aroubnd the set up.

Some would argue that's how they normally are though!

I'm not sure Adam, great as he is, will be on the pace staright away, might take him until the next round which is Hungary where he did 3.5 a few weeks back?
Old 21 Jul 2011, 09:33 (Ref:2929320)   #12
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
i dunno chunty, if your suggestion about the field being weaker than previous years is true then he should be handing them all their ar... bottoms on a platter with silver service by the sunday race
Old 21 Jul 2011, 10:05 (Ref:2929342)   #13
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
Speaking of which, GP2 Hungaroring clashes with Auto GP Oschersleben next week. I wonder which Filippi will do?
Auto GP now confirm Filippi and Ceccon will both do the Auto GP round, so Coloni will need another driver for the Hungaroring.
Old 21 Jul 2011, 10:18 (Ref:2929350)   #14
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jondownunder View Post
Auto GP now confirm Filippi and Ceccon will both do the Auto GP round, so Coloni will need another driver for the Hungaroring.
There's a decent Kiwi knocking about after his 3.5 season was curtailed early?
Old 21 Jul 2011, 10:20 (Ref:2929351)   #15
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
i dunno chunty, if your suggestion about the field being weaker than previous years is true then he should be handing them all their ar... bottoms on a platter with silver service by the sunday race
Ought to be the case I agree, but these new cars aren't as easy to just get in and drive without testing as the old chassis was?
Old 21 Jul 2011, 18:31 (Ref:2929514)   #16
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
cds_uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Adam will be right up there, Super Nova have a handle on the car, Filippi has been right up the sharp end at every round, he should really have had a bundle more points, its only because he has been taken out by other peoples accidents, wiped out his own front wing etc that he is a bit down the table isn't it.
Old 21 Jul 2011, 20:03 (Ref:2929557)   #17
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

We talking about the same Filippi? Perhaps i've not been following the series as religiously as usual but from what i''ve gathered he's qualified ok in a couple of rounds but has done naff all otherwise in the races.
Old 21 Jul 2011, 21:01 (Ref:2929578)   #18
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
Q 3rd Istanbul, Q 9th Catalunya, Q 11th Monaco, finished 3rd, Q 4th Valencia, Q 17th Silverstone when he got trumped by the weather, pretty sure he was top six in the practice sessions though, my point is if filippi can do that then i have high hopes for Adam, points must a possibility.
Old 22 Jul 2011, 11:19 (Ref:2929756)   #19
skells22
Veteran

staying on subject of fast times Grosjean is fastest in FP and the FIA are checking something about Filppi & a slow moving Van der Garde (which caused Filppi to miss the chicane)
Old 22 Jul 2011, 11:25 (Ref:2929758)   #20
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
times etc here: http://tentenths.com/news/showentry.php?e=2455

grosjean is scarily quick...
Old 22 Jul 2011, 15:30 (Ref:2929816)   #21
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
qualifying was much closer - pic is on pole, with filippi in second.

lots of complaining about traffic too, but i don't see why that's more of a problem at the nurburgring than anywhere else?

http://tentenths.com/news/showentry.php?e=2458
Old 22 Jul 2011, 15:34 (Ref:2929818)   #22
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Hats off to Pic, and Luca and Leimer I have to say! How come Filippi can go that well in the Coloni, and not the Sears car?

Razia's also done well, whereas Carroll as I feared is clearly not yet up to speed.

Race could be very interesting for that though.

Valsecchi's having a shocker of a time at the moment.
Old 22 Jul 2011, 15:42 (Ref:2929824)   #23
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
carroll was only 8 tenths off! unfortunately for him in this session that's the best part of the grid...

fair point about valsecchi, the team reckoned they hadn't got it sorted at silverstone, and razia seems to have a bit more pace than valsecchi which is unusual.
Old 22 Jul 2011, 15:46 (Ref:2929826)   #24
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
carroll was only 8 tenths off! unfortunately for him in this session that's the best part of the grid...

fair point about valsecchi, the team reckoned they hadn't got it sorted at silverstone, and razia seems to have a bit more pace than valsecchi which is unusual.
I know, I know, but 8/10 is light years over a lap in this category!!

He'll go significantly better in the race i'm sure as long as he doesn't get totalled at the first corner (there's a lot of amateurs this season down the back)

Razia quicker..... make that very unusual!!

Last edited by chunterer; 22 Jul 2011 at 21:53.
Old 22 Jul 2011, 18:37 (Ref:2929889)   #25
cds_uk
Veteran

England
Kesgrave, Suffolk, UK
Come on chunt, why are you so down on Filippi, six races, Q in the top 4 in three of them, he is no world beater but he is not exactly shabby at this level.