Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 22 Jul 2011, 19:34 (Ref:2929905)   #26
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i think it doesn't help that he's been around for a very long time in gp2 now. that gives you certain expectations. such as being near the front...

still, an excellent performance in qualifying.
Old 22 Jul 2011, 20:27 (Ref:2929920)   #27
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Herck has been given a 3 grid place pen for getting in the way of a driver doing his fast lap.
Old 22 Jul 2011, 21:59 (Ref:2929951)   #28
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
i think it doesn't help that he's been around for a very long time in gp2 now. that gives you certain expectations. such as being near the front...

still, an excellent performance in qualifying.
Yes, that's about the size of it bella. He's been in this series since 06, I think, in one way or another. He was once very highly rated and was one of Honda's juniors, then after that Asia series cock up with Meritus he never seemed to recover the form?

Sorry but the guy should be in sportscars or WTCC now or something.

Reminds me a bit of Gabbiani, he hung around F2 as it was back then for years and was highly rated in some quarters but was missing that vital something.
Old 22 Jul 2011, 23:36 (Ref:2929978)   #29
jondownunder
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
jondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjondownunder should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Filippi's looking towards IndyCar according to Autosport this week.
Old 23 Jul 2011, 07:50 (Ref:2930033)   #30
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Yes, that's about the size of it bella. He's been in this series since 06, I think, in one way or another. He was once very highly rated and was one of Honda's juniors, then after that Asia series cock up with Meritus he never seemed to recover the form?
It wasn't the year at Meritus that screwed him, it was the disastrous (half) season at ART.

I like Filippi though. He won't ever get into F1, but it doesn't matter. I don't think drivers that don't do the business in single seaters should be forced into touring cars. I respect his decision to continue racing single seaters.
Old 23 Jul 2011, 08:55 (Ref:2930044)   #31
Supertec
Rookie

United Kingdom
Norwich
Supertec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skells22 View Post
Herck has been given a 3 grid place pen for getting in the way of a driver doing his fast lap.
Half the grid were guilty of blocking yesterday, if you look back at the fiasco that was Monaco quali the standard of driving was appalling
Old 23 Jul 2011, 11:18 (Ref:2930081)   #32
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
It wasn't the year at Meritus that screwed him, it was the disastrous (half) season at ART.

I like Filippi though. He won't ever get into F1, but it doesn't matter. I don't think drivers that don't do the business in single seaters should be forced into touring cars. I respect his decision to continue racing single seaters.
Yeah the ART season was debacle, but he was really on it in that asia series with Meritus IIRC only to get penalised for the teams' mistakes.

I don't doubt he's a nice fella, but I do have a problem with journeymen drivers potentially keeping other drivers worthy of the chance out of a seat etc...

There's loads of them in GP2 this season.

Money, money, money!!
Old 23 Jul 2011, 11:38 (Ref:2930090)   #33
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i'm not sure there's any young drivers capable of rustling up the budget for gp2 who aren't already there though.
Old 23 Jul 2011, 12:31 (Ref:2930101)   #34
danoli
Rookie

danoli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know where I can watch the race online?
Old 23 Jul 2011, 12:56 (Ref:2930107)   #35
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
i'm not sure there's any young drivers capable of rustling up the budget for gp2 who aren't already there though.
No, that's the point, there a fair few better than some of these drivers who haven't got the money.
Old 23 Jul 2011, 18:05 (Ref:2930174)   #36
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Er today's race was won by a certain Italian gentleman.....

Hmmmmm!!!
Old 23 Jul 2011, 18:07 (Ref:2930176)   #37
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
chunty, your criticism is the best thing to have happened to his career in recent years. can you keep it up?

(and if i bung you a tenner will you say jean eric vergne is a waste of time? )
Old 23 Jul 2011, 19:53 (Ref:2930208)   #38
skells22
Veteran

Varhaug has been given a ten place grid pen but this does not afftect him much has he was due to start at the back of the grid anyway for casuing the 1st lap crash. Joining him on the bad boy books is Leimer and he was DQ for this race and will be the last car on the grid for casuing 1st Carroll to go grass tracking and Razia to retire near the end of the race.
Old 23 Jul 2011, 22:10 (Ref:2930268)   #39
danoli
Rookie

danoli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would not have said the incident with Razia was Leimer's fault, although the one with Carrol clearly was. Still, I think the stewards are going over the top at the moment. Does a racing incident even exist any more?
Old 24 Jul 2011, 07:41 (Ref:2930344)   #40
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
chunty, your criticism is the best thing to have happened to his career in recent years. can you keep it up?

(and if i bung you a tenner will you say jean eric vergne is a waste of time? )
I know you couldn't write it could you??!!

Hilarious!!!!

Top marks to Filippi though, even if it was his first win since 2007 in the category did I hear someone say????

Right who can I criticise now, who needs a 'filipp'

I was saying something poor about Bottas to a friend yesterday, and look at him go in GPQualcast this morning!!!
Old 24 Jul 2011, 20:48 (Ref:2930567)   #41
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Well here I am watching this morning's second race 12 hours later.

Hurumph!

But what a belter.....

I shan't say anymore thasn that for those who don't know the result, cos I don't yet!!
Old 24 Jul 2011, 21:10 (Ref:2930595)   #42
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Top marks to Filippi though, even if it was his first win since 2007 in the category did I hear someone say????
Filippi's last Main Series win was in Portugal at the end of 2009 and also won in the 2010 Asia Series. The 2007 stat was last feature race win I think
Old 24 Jul 2011, 21:58 (Ref:2930636)   #43
skells22
Veteran

i can tell you that valsecchi will have a 10 place grid drop for next race after coming out of pits for a rare sprit race pit-stop and then hitting Palmer forcing them to park cars.
Old 25 Jul 2011, 11:38 (Ref:2930851)   #44
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
Filippi's last Main Series win was in Portugal at the end of 2009 and also won in the 2010 Asia Series. The 2007 stat was last feature race win I think
Yes right you are, Portimao, I remember now.

Be good if he can keep the speed up, should make things interesting for the the title chasers if he can get in the way and take points or more wins off them! I can't see him maintaining that form though.

Grosjean did a fab job again yesterday whilst several others made a right hash of it.

Judging by his speed towards the end, Ericsson could well have featured for the win had he not gone off on lap 1. Possibly Bird also, although it did look as though Bianchi was closing on him before his off?

Good drive from Chilton it has to be said!

Carroll avoided the carnage to bring his car home in a strong position as well.
Old 25 Jul 2011, 18:43 (Ref:2931021)   #45
tweak
Rookie

tweak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[QUOTE=chunterer;2930851]
Grosjean did a fab job again yesterday whilst several others made a right hash of it.

Judging by his speed towards the end, Ericsson could well have featured for the win had he not gone off on lap 1.
QUOTE]

I think you will find Grosjean understeered into him at the hairpin and pushed him off into the gravel, and he was on a great comeback drive after dropping to P24, just touched a wet patch in S1 and spun, unfortunatly.
Old 26 Jul 2011, 20:09 (Ref:2931490)   #46
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Aleshin could be back for Hungaroring, GP2 Twitter waved him hello again.