Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Mar 2011, 21:13 (Ref:2846478)   #101
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by EGG View Post
I would if it was the same quality as the current coverage. I emailed the BBC to ask why they don't consider offering F1 as a download to paying subscribers in countries bereft of decent coverage, but didn't get a response.

-edit as background here we get the BBC feed with no pre-race, no pitwalk, adverts, the local mugs talking over the audio when coming back from ads, no post-race.
Not often you could save money and greatly improve the product on offer, you have to wonder why on earth they wreck the excellent BBC coverage!

Oh yes; often no returning driver interview and no replays too!
Old 15 Mar 2011, 23:21 (Ref:2846545)   #102
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmotd View Post
more axe grinding from the master axe grinder The 'walking away' that you talk of is because of the GFC not because of anything to do with F1. TV Ratings for F1 went up in 2009, and again in 2010. These are facts, why do you keep denying them over and over and over again?

Nobody here thinks F1 is perfect and can't benefit from a few changes, so why do you keep going on and on and on about it at every single opportunity? Anyone would think your life depended on complaining about F1, like your head is going to explode if you stop doing it

The BBC has been asked to cut a massive 20% of its' budget, with a target like that they will bo looking at everything they've got very closely, and something like F1 is obviously going to be one of those things.
Please quote the TV ratings references that you have based the increased viewership figures on.
Old 16 Mar 2011, 01:15 (Ref:2846581)   #103
wnut
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmotd View Post
but if you want to talk about something that doesn't help the forum, how about a relentless torrent of innacuarate and completely negative comments about the subject of the topic you're posting in?

currently there are four manufacturers seriously looking at returning to F1 in 2013, the BBC is only looking at ditching F1 because of drastic internal budget cuts, and TV ratings in most F1 viewing countries have gone up in the last two years but you still insist on claiming that support is crumbling just because of what happened due to the GFC. The facts don't support your position as far as I can see

Please feel free to address any inaccuracies that I post. I try to be accurate, so I would appreciate any correction you can back with factual references.

As to 4 manufacturers returning, I dearly hope so, but doubt it unless the rules are changed dramatically, and that is why I bang on about the problems.