Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 31 Mar 2002, 18:50 (Ref:248203)   #1
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
he was never gonna do it!

as soon as rafe got near tgf it was obvious that he wasn't going to challenge his cheating brother, dispite repeated attempts by the williams team to tell him to use the "boast" button..which equals overtake him for pete's sake!
Old 31 Mar 2002, 18:51 (Ref:248205)   #2
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
remember Canada the other year ????
Old 31 Mar 2002, 19:05 (Ref:248225)   #3
z2252314
Racer

z2252314 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
as soon as rafe got near tgf it was obvious that he wasn't going to challenge his cheating brother, dispite repeated attempts by the williams team to tell him to use the "boast" button..which equals overtake him for pete's sake!
Do i smell sour grapes?

If critisizing ralf makes you feel better for JPM's mistake then i understand.

Last edited by z2252314; 31 Mar 2002 at 19:06.
Old 31 Mar 2002, 19:09 (Ref:248238)   #4
botsquad
Veteran

botsquad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
ralf parked...end of story.
Old 31 Mar 2002, 19:11 (Ref:248243)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Seemd quite sensible to me. He finished and is second in the championship. I think he could have done more in the middle of the race but all-in-all a reasonable result.
Old 31 Mar 2002, 19:11 (Ref:248244)   #6
tanalised
Veteran

New Zealand
new zealand
tanalised should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought Rafe was looking a bit chinny and heavy in the press conference, maybe if he lost a bit of weight he would have flown past his bro.
Old 31 Mar 2002, 19:13 (Ref:248248)   #7
Kex
Veteran

England
The Palace of Dreams
Kex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll never forget the feature ITV did on Ralf and Michael in their karting days, and the comment Jim Rosenthal made about Ralf's extra pounds. Very funny.
Old 31 Mar 2002, 19:31 (Ref:248287)   #8
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ralf was a chubby little kid wasnt he .
Old 31 Mar 2002, 19:34 (Ref:248290)   #9
Mantis13
Racer

Mantis13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter Mallett
Seemd quite sensible to me. He finished and is second in the championship. I think he could have done more in the middle of the race but all-in-all a reasonable result.
Yes that's one way to look at it. There is still 14 races to go and in the end six points adds up. But then I guess it depends which side of the JPM-Ralf fence you stand on
Old 31 Mar 2002, 19:35 (Ref:248291)   #10
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Sato san
Ralf was a chubby little kid wasnt he .
Arent you talking about Burger-King Montoya?
Old 31 Mar 2002, 19:38 (Ref:248294)   #11
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Mania

no big mac, 1/4 cheese and 27 million hicken nuggets rafe!
Old 31 Mar 2002, 19:40 (Ref:248301)   #12
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally posted by Mania

ok then...Juan is alittle chubby too !!!
Old 31 Mar 2002, 19:46 (Ref:248312)   #13
Mania
Veteran

Mania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very chubby. As DC said "cute cuddly teddy bear".
Old 31 Mar 2002, 23:07 (Ref:248508)   #14
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally posted by Mantis13

Yes that's one way to look at it. There is still 14 races to go and in the end six points adds up. But then I guess it depends which side of the JPM-Ralf fence you stand on
Well, I think it's the only way to look at it. He's got points and points mean prizes.

JPM threw his away today. If he's faster than Ralf he'd have beaten TGF wouldn't he?
Old 31 Mar 2002, 23:45 (Ref:248519)   #15
Mantis13
Racer

Mantis13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm with you Peter. Points are points and the most important thing is winning the WDC. But some people will say that Ralf just "settled" for second, he can't pass his brother etc..
Old 31 Mar 2002, 23:52 (Ref:248523)   #16
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Why can't you guys see that there was no way that Ralf could pass MSch? Catching up with the leader is one thing, passing him is something else. If you just listened to the post race conference, MSch explained that he made sure he went into F1 as fast as possible on the correct line, and that was it - Ralf just didn't get a chance to pass. He could have made a Banzai charge, stuffed the car into the kitty litter, and everyone here would have lambasted him.
Old 1 Apr 2002, 00:10 (Ref:248528)   #17
TeddyG
Veteran

Bermuda
Currently New Zealand
TeddyG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah I suppose your right Valve but still if you could put someone like Villeneuve or Montoya in the position Ralph was in I would love to see what the result would have been...maybe they would have both been in the gravel but personally I'd rather see someone go for it than just take the easy points I know that might be stupid but from a fans perspective these races are awfully boring..I want to see fighting for position...but these days you have to look to the back/middle of the pack to see any of that and of course they get no coverage!!......but honestly going back to Ralph have any of you ever seen him stick his neck out and just go for it???? Not once have I seen that from him he might get points but jessums wake me up when the race is over
Doesn't it seem sad that drivers like Fisichella, Coultard, Barrichello, and Ralf all have secure seats in F1, despite having had race winning cars for many more seasons than Jacques, yet failing to chalk up as many wins as he (let alone a WDC) that it is Jacques who doesn't have a drive in F1??? Sad indeed.
Old 1 Apr 2002, 00:54 (Ref:248550)   #18
eatapc
Veteran

eatapc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with Valve on this. Ralf was faster where it didn't count. For whatever reason -- downforce, tires? -- Michael was able to pull away a bit coming up to the front straight, and stay well in front at the first turn.

Ralf certainly would have made a run at him if he had a realistic chance. It's not really fair to criticize him for not pushing harder; if he had spun while pushing harder -- that would have been stupid. Don't forget, Montoya tried but couldn't get by Button for the last nine laps.
Old 1 Apr 2002, 01:41 (Ref:248565)   #19
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Valve and Eata are right. It is a bit much to expect him to sail by in the last few laps. As Ralf said himself "I was in a position to get by if he made a mistake".
Old 1 Apr 2002, 01:55 (Ref:248567)   #20
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by AMoffat
Valve and Eata are right. It is a bit much to expect him to sail by in the last few laps. As Ralf said himself "I was in a position to get by if he made a mistake".

This is surprisingly kind regarding Ralf, Muff, are you feeling allright?????

Clearly TGF was ruuning less downforce, on the long pull up the hill, Michael had the advantage, if the BMW couldn't make up the gap, it wasn't for want of trying.
Old 1 Apr 2002, 02:02 (Ref:248569)   #21
Airhead
Veteran

Airhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAirhead should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm doing this sober. And it hurts!
Old 1 Apr 2002, 02:33 (Ref:248574)   #22
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Amoffat is still waiting for someone to ask him nicely why he is so hard on poor Ralf.
Why ask the obvious I say: AM is a closet Ralf fan and is just desperately trying to stir up support for Ralf.
Old 1 Apr 2002, 03:22 (Ref:248590)   #23
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The reason Ralf didn't get by TGF is that Ralf took to long to get right up behind his brother in a position possible to get a slipstream.

As TGF said in the press conference, all he had to do was get the final corner right and Ralf should not have been able to get past. And he was correct on that point.

Ralf played his cards right today IMO. He took six very easy points and now lies a clear second overall. There are still 14 rounds to go.....
Old 1 Apr 2002, 06:03 (Ref:248672)   #24
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
As I saw it, TGF wasn't running less downforce, but getting a much better run out of the last fast corner before the uphill straight. Each time he got that corner just right and had more speed coming out of it, and for whatever reason, Ralf never seemed to match the exit speed of that ^particular corner, and so never got a run on his brother.
Old 1 Apr 2002, 21:01 (Ref:249339)   #25
Gunslinger
Racer

Gunslinger should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Grow up children, although some of your comments are so cute. MR V is a prime example.

I wonder why some of you even bother to follow F1, if MS gives you so much heartbreak. It's really very funny