Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 27 Oct 2001, 09:41 (Ref:166170)   #1
Wolstenholmefan
Rookie

Wolstenholmefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
no more oak tree arena?

I was appalled to hear in a time when so many old and new teams are making a new start in speedway that one of the newest teams and best supported teams in the conference league could be no more next season.
I am of course talking about the Somerset Rebels. Every time their merry band of loyal supporters armed with General Baz come up to Rye House it's always a great atmosphere with friendly banter going both ways and seriously competitive racing.
The fact they could lose their Oak Tree Arena when they're on the verge of Premier League racing is unthinkable.
These are a group of supporters that deserve far better than this. My brother and I consider ourselves honorary rebel fans when were not supporting the Rockets and it would be a hell of an injustice not to see the likes of General Baz, Jill (thanks for texting me during the KOC Final), the tumpet fanfare bloke and Chris Courage laying his bike down next season.
I urge everyone that considers themselves a speedway fan to throw a lifeline to this club and it's supporters and find a new home for them.
Will this get me in the Rebel Yell now Jill?
Old 27 Oct 2001, 22:10 (Ref:166404)   #2
jilly baby
Rookie

jilly baby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

oh yeah honey-u get star billing on back page of Rebel Yell this week! thanx for support-we rate u guys as honorary Rebels...even if u dont know how to fill tac sub in programme...arf! looks like we could be homeless next year? oh well, we'll have to crash at yours sometime! but me and sprocket have plans 1)rob bank, buy track 2)win lottery, buy track 3)shag landlord...oooooh no! 4)shag team....ooooooh! yes! 5) too late, already had most of em! arf! 6) wait and see what happens at meeting next week.
it would be crying shame if we went under after only two years, especially since speedway has brought so much pleasure to so many people in the area. we wouldn't know what to do with ourselves anymore. hey-i couldnt go to newport every week y'know! we have made such good friends not just at track but all over country would hate to loose you all.
best of luck to rye next year-really! hopefully we will be up there with u all. if not-we're gonna give conference another shake up! and we'd still paste mildenhall...
see u guys over winter-we plan big party end january for 18th&16th birthdays. keep in touch-love jilly baby xx