Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 5 Jun 2007, 12:21 (Ref:1929291)   #51
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lets hope the forecast is right, i am a Holden man and am happy if any Holden wins but i also like close racing.

i am willing to sit in the rain if i witness good racing.
Old 5 Jun 2007, 20:11 (Ref:1929643)   #52
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer
lets hope the forecast is right, i am a Holden man and am happy if any Holden wins but i also like close racing.

i am willing to sit in the rain if i witness good racing.
I thought you would be praying for dry weather. Just how many times did the HRT cars come off at the last round.
Old 6 Jun 2007, 07:07 (Ref:1929946)   #53
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Given that Mr Skaife is debuting chassis WP5 this weekend at Eastern Creek, I imagine that he will be mega competitive in qualifying.. and get the thing at or near the top of the timesheets in the practice/qualifying sessions.

Whether the race day luck is maintained will be interesting to see....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 6 Jun 2007, 07:24 (Ref:1929960)   #54
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAC
I thought you would be praying for dry weather. Just how many times did the HRT cars come off at the last round.
as i said in the last part of my post "i'm willing to sit in the rain if i am going to witness good racing" like winton, atleast i can always just sit in the grand stand if it gets to heavy (as i always get grand stand tickets as most times i have gone around this time of year it's ****ed down) but will mostly be around sitting on the fence somewhere or when there is no on track action i will be behind the pits trying to grab an autograph.
Old 6 Jun 2007, 08:03 (Ref:1929980)   #55
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
NAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNAC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
as i said in the last part of my post "i'm willing to sit in the rain if i am going to witness good racing" like winton, atleast i can always just sit in the grand stand if it gets to heavy (as i always get grand stand tickets as most times i have gone around this time of year it's ****ed down) but will mostly be around sitting on the fence somewhere or when there is no on track action i will be behind the pits trying to grab an autograph.
Have fun. Hope you have a good rain coat.
Old 6 Jun 2007, 12:13 (Ref:1930182)   #56
F J Nedos
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
F J Nedos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ruck Killy (typed with a NZ iccunt) seems to like the creek. He could be ok there.

Courtney for a dark horse, Tander will be there. I know its easy to say, but he's on a roll - and it aint sausage...
Old 6 Jun 2007, 12:35 (Ref:1930201)   #57
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
actually fj Ruck likes the creek in the wet, In the dry his team have been traditionally a dud there
Old 6 Jun 2007, 13:03 (Ref:1930234)   #58
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAC
Have fun. Hope you have a good rain coat.
thanks, got the rain coat out yesterday (rarely gets used, we are in a drought) fits fine should keep me dry, will have the jumper and the long pants out as well as traditionally it's cold.
Old 6 Jun 2007, 22:58 (Ref:1930738)   #59
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Having driven past the circuit this morning... it is absolutely bucketing down.. the main carpark at the Brabham Drive end of the circuit has a nice brown river already formed....

If it is like this all weekend... I think the spectator numbers will not be a "world record" and the people who do attend will also be suffering....

Maybe VESA can hand out free flu vaccinations or something at the gate?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 6 Jun 2007, 23:54 (Ref:1930786)   #60
Alan52
Veteran

Australia
Glenmore Park
Alan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAlan52 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The rain is going to cause major problems for spectators and organisers this weekend.The area outside the circuit that was used as a car park is being redeveloped as industrial land and is no longer available or suitable for the circuit to use.The access roads have been altered and are just clay and with the rain that has started and is predicted to continue for the next 3 days at least will become literally impassable.All spectator passing is on the banks inside the circuit-also heavy clay and instant quagmire-and by Saturday any car venturing there is likely to become bogged.I can see the meeting proceding like the British F1 GP that was held at Easter a few years ago with spectators being locked out.
Old 7 Jun 2007, 00:03 (Ref:1930790)   #61
NAC
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Quote:
thanks, got the rain coat out yesterday (rarely gets used, we are in a drought) fits fine should keep me dry, will have the jumper and the long pants out as well as traditionally it's cold.
Hope you checked that raincoat for holes
Old 7 Jun 2007, 01:53 (Ref:1930823)   #62
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
no leakage to report, i could always knock on the back door of one of the teams garage i am sure they will happily let me in out of the rain to spy on their telemetry.........NOT.
Old 7 Jun 2007, 04:05 (Ref:1930871)   #63
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Do you have an interest in data acquisition pwr fan?

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 7 Jun 2007, 08:02 (Ref:1930985)   #64
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan52
The rain is going to cause major problems for spectators and organisers this weekend.The area outside the circuit that was used as a car park is being redeveloped as industrial land and is no longer available or suitable for the circuit to use.

I can see the meeting proceding like the British F1 GP that was held at Easter a few years ago with spectators being locked out.
They would just use the Drag Centre car park wouldnt they.
Old 7 Jun 2007, 09:17 (Ref:1931040)   #65
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan
Do you have an interest in data acquisition pwr fan?
ohh yes i am interested in franchise #32 and if i win the big lotto i will surely be in with a chance .
Old 7 Jun 2007, 23:30 (Ref:1931807)   #66
mmciau
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
mmciau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, I'd suggest 021 won't worry anyone this weekend!

Mike
Old 8 Jun 2007, 02:24 (Ref:1931852)   #67
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
ohh yes i am interested in franchise #32 and if i win the big lotto i will surely be in with a chance .
God help us if that happens.

I will have my pick for the wet weekend.

1.CRAIG LOWDNES ( Best wet weather driver out there )
2.GARTH TANDER
3.MARK WINTERBOTTOM

Will Davidson as the dark horse.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 8 Jun 2007, 03:53 (Ref:1931872)   #68
Peregrine
Racer

Australia
Emu Plains
Peregrine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wonder if TSR was gazing into a crystal ball when naming his thread ?

Drivers with great car control such as Lowndes, Courtney and Wilson should go well if the event is not postponed/cancelled.
Old 8 Jun 2007, 04:31 (Ref:1931882)   #69
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, I saw one of the best drives I've ever seen in touring cars the last time we were at Eastern Creek in the wet.

The driver?

R.Kelly.
Old 8 Jun 2007, 04:54 (Ref:1931893)   #70
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
I wonder if TSR was gazing into a crystal ball when naming his thread ?

Drivers with great car control such as Lowndes, Courtney and Wilson should go well if the event is not postponed/cancelled.
Thats what I was thinking. For those that aren't in Sydney, its been steadily raining heavily all day and doesn't look like stopping. It will be wetter than Winton (theres a saying in the making) if it keeps up.

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.
Old 8 Jun 2007, 05:06 (Ref:1931901)   #71
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
it's poring down and bloody windy and cold horrible weather will still be out at the Creek on monday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR
God help us if that happens.
yeah i know god help you Ford fans if it did happen as i would be winning in my Commodore more than GT ................it is nice to dream.

Last edited by Pro Racer; 8 Jun 2007 at 05:09.
Old 8 Jun 2007, 05:43 (Ref:1931914)   #72
matt_16
Rookie

Australia
10minutes Away from Queensland Raceway
matt_16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this true?

My friend who lives down in Sydney is saying that Round 5 may be cancalled due to heavy rain? Currect???.
Old 8 Jun 2007, 05:45 (Ref:1931916)   #73
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
No doubt TKR will be delighted if its true.
Old 8 Jun 2007, 05:56 (Ref:1931918)   #74
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
The heavy rain isn't forecast to continue through the weekend. It should be lighter by Sunday/Monday.

Do you really think they would cancel such a big event from rain? Its not a cyclone.

Old 8 Jun 2007, 05:58 (Ref:1931920)   #75
matt_16
Rookie

Australia
10minutes Away from Queensland Raceway
matt_16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RotorFan
The heavy rain isn't forecast to continue through the weekend. It should be lighter by Sunday/Monday.

Do you really think they would cancel such a big event from rain? Its not a cyclone.
Iknew it!!!, my friend must be playing tricks on me. Sorry for wasting your time guys!!!.