Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 29 Mar 2012, 07:45 (Ref:3050311)   #1
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
VSCC Spring Start21st of April Silverstone

Entries are closing soon

who has/will enter ?

I will race my Lotus 18 in the pre 66 HGPCA races.

I hope to race my Lorraine Dietrich in one of the pre war races but it might not be finished in time

Allways a good event, with a surprising and wide array of (oldish) cars on the track and in the paddock.

Rudolf
Old 29 Mar 2012, 10:10 (Ref:3050341)   #2
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
110 Ten Pre War cars are on Flying Scotsman.

Another stupid clash of dates.
Old 29 Mar 2012, 11:11 (Ref:3050358)   #3
Derwent Motorsp
Veteran

Scotland
Cumbria
Derwent Motorsp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sadly ERA who run the Flying Scotsman are a commercial organisation and ar not interested in anyoen other club or event. The FS also clashes with Drive It Day on the Sunday, the Ilkley Jubilee Rally in Yorkshire and an MGCC event in Northumbria.
Old 29 Mar 2012, 11:22 (Ref:3050361)   #4
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent Motorsp View Post
Sadly ERA who run the Flying Scotsman are a commercial organisation and ar not interested in anyoen other club or event. The FS also clashes with Drive It Day on the Sunday, the Ilkley Jubilee Rally in Yorkshire and an MGCC event in Northumbria.
As a 'commercial organisation' one would imagine they should be more interested than most in clashing dates!
Old 29 Mar 2012, 11:42 (Ref:3050373)   #5
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMD View Post
As a 'commercial organisation' one would imagine they should be more interested than most in clashing dates!

You guys are lamenting the inevitable.

The situation at Silverstone is nowadays that the circuit offers a club like the VSCC a date and then the club can either take it or leave it, no negotiation.
The circuit is just as happy to sell the tracktime as trackday, which means no noise problem und similar revenue.

Add to that the complication of available "noisy" dates which is what the VSCC needs for that event (especially the Grand Prix cars of all ages) , that sometimes need to be stretched over a period of time even Silverstone is not as flexible as You might assume.

On top of that nobody can be sure of any date even in April at Silverstone until the F1 calendar is fixed because all the other events get pushed around that date and the backlash concerns the entire season.

So if You organise a road rally You might just not bother to check and wait until December because You might have You own timeline to consider.

The truth is:
We are spoilt for choice.
Enjoy that !
And stop moaning

Rudolf
Old 29 Mar 2012, 11:43 (Ref:3050374)   #6
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
Entries are closing soon

who has/will enter ?

I will race my Lotus 18 in the pre 66 HGPCA races.

I hope to race my Lorraine Dietrich in one of the pre war races but it might not be finished in time

Allways a good event, with a surprising and wide array of (oldish) cars on the track and in the paddock.

Rudolf
apart from the clash discussion

nobody has answered my question:
is anybody racing ?
Or will I be completely alone ??

Rudolf
Old 29 Mar 2012, 13:11 (Ref:3050422)   #7
Belmondo
Racer

Belmondo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
apart from the clash discussion

nobody has answered my question:
is anybody racing ?
Or will I be completely alone ??

Rudolf
I may spectate. Depending on entry in 50s sports, GP & HGPCA.
Old 29 Mar 2012, 14:53 (Ref:3050452)   #8
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Pity the FS is not a week later as many on the FS would normally have cars at Silverstone.

I would have had three.

The VSCC is always about same date.
Old 30 Mar 2012, 05:49 (Ref:3050708)   #9
Bishop Ranter
Racer

United Kingdom
Whittlebury
Bishop Ranter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I have entered my 1929 Riley Brooklands in the Set 3 race and my 1929 Amilcar in the vintage racing car race. Shame about the clash of dates but I know I will be where I want to be and doing what I love doing...racing my cars with the VSCC.

As to fixture clashes I made sure the event I am organising on 3 July www.motorsportconference.com sits between two major events - Goodwood FoS and the British GP. This is National Motorsport Week 2012. Ok its not a race meeting but I checked what was on and then fixed the date well in advance. We will have some interesting cars on display and excellent presentations.
Old 30 Mar 2012, 11:23 (Ref:3050798)   #10
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

Two important Pre War events same weekend.

There are not many important Pre War things these days.

Many VSCC stalwarts on FS

Pity.
Old 30 Mar 2012, 21:00 (Ref:3051016)   #11
exnigel
Rookie

exnigel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Flying Scotsman, spring start etc

I like john am doing the flying Scotsman. The date was fixed back in August last year, so the clash of dates is unfortunate but unavoidable. Shame as last year spring start was Easter weekend which is family weekend so didn't do that one either......

Am going to donington tomorrow for a vscc race so will still get some pre war racing this spring

Nigel b
Old 31 Mar 2012, 17:36 (Ref:3051342)   #12
Derwent Motorsp
Veteran

Scotland
Cumbria
Derwent Motorsp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishop Ranter;3050708)

As to fixture clashes I made sure the event I am organising on 3 July [URL="http://www.motorsportconference.com"
www.motorsportconference.com[/URL] sits between two major events - Goodwood FoS and the British GP. This is National Motorsport Week 2012. Ok its not a race meeting but I checked what was on and then fixed the date well in advance. We will have some interesting cars on display and excellent presentations.
I thought thee conference looked good and as my son lives nearby I thought I might go - until I saw the price. More than a race entry!
Old 8 Apr 2012, 11:07 (Ref:3055282)   #13
Bishop Ranter
Racer

United Kingdom
Whittlebury
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent Motorsp View Post
I thought thee conference looked good and as my son lives nearby I thought I might go - until I saw the price. More than a race entry!
Discounts are available to members of various clubs and associations. I am also able to 'look after' individuals who are able to bring a technically interesting competition car for the display which already has attracted a number of owners of GP, Group C and sports racing cars.

Email motorsport@cranfield.ac.uk if you are in position to bring a car.
Old 22 Apr 2012, 09:39 (Ref:3063525)   #14
percy
Racer

percy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I had a good day wandering around the paddock yesterday. I think this is the 1932 Alfa Romeo 8C of Neil Twyman.

Old 22 Apr 2012, 19:50 (Ref:3063848)   #15
Bishop Ranter
Racer

United Kingdom
Whittlebury
Yes there were some wonderful cars in the paddock and some great racing. I hope whoever buys the Itala will bring it out to play from time to time.