Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Sep 2010, 11:22 (Ref:2763471)   #1
frostie
Ten-Tenths Photo Of The Year Winner 2013
Racer

Ireland
Dundalk
frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!frostie is going for a new world record!
Round 15: Singapore Grand Prix

Can anyone remember a better title fight than 2010? This one could, and should, go all the way to Abu Dhabi and with just five races to go Singapore will be pivotal. Most teams will bring a major upgrade to this race and this will also give us our first indication of whether Red Bull really has lost its mid season advantage following the flexi test changes.

This race might also give an oppurtunity to the likes of Rosberg and Williams to challenge for a top six finish, both have been strong here in the past but Robert Kubica has to be the primary wild card factor this weekend. The title rivals know any mistake will be heavily punished at this point of the year and the hard charging Kubica could be well placed for another strong showing.

I have a full preview on my wesbite, to view click here

BBC Schedule
Friday 24 September
Practice one: 1055-1235, BBC Red Button
Practice two: 1425-1605, BBC Red Button
Saturday 25 September
Practice three: 1155-1305, BBC Red Button
Qualifying: 1400-1630, BBC One
Sunday 26 September
Race: 1210-1515, BBC One
YearDriverTeam
2009Lewis HamiltonMcLaren
2008Fernando AlonsoRenault
Old 23 Sep 2010, 18:58 (Ref:2763671)   #2
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm looking forward to seeing the battle between Heidfeld and Kobayashi.
Old 23 Sep 2010, 20:26 (Ref:2763718)   #3
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I don't understand why they keep resurfacing parts of the track.

The bumps are what gave this track some character, now they have re-surfaced them, much of that could be lost.

I just hope they did a bad job like they did at Interlagos that one year and actually made the bumps worse.
Old 24 Sep 2010, 05:13 (Ref:2763823)   #4
rocketracer
Veteran

Australia
Albert Park
rocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrocketracer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
lots of rain forecast.

similar monsoon type rainfall as malaysia a few years ago + (street circuit hard surfaces x concrete barriers to channel water on track) + title fight = a very interesting weekend.....
Old 24 Sep 2010, 08:26 (Ref:2763873)   #5
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Can anybody else hear Mark Webber calling for a safety car start already?
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 24 Sep 2010, 08:52 (Ref:2763887)   #6
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralf's Girl;
Can anybody else hear Mark Webber calling for a safety car start already?
Had not thought of that. Great strategy.
Old 24 Sep 2010, 09:25 (Ref:2763897)   #7
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Klien to fill in for the ill Yamamoto.
Old 24 Sep 2010, 09:26 (Ref:2763898)   #8
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yamamoto is out with food poisoning - Klien driving the HRT (yes I think we all are thinking/feeling the same)
Old 24 Sep 2010, 09:55 (Ref:2763919)   #9
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'm very interested to see what Klien will do. He might be the best of Hispania's drivers but has never driven.
Old 24 Sep 2010, 09:56 (Ref:2763920)   #10
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
What a big chance for Klien. Think about this - if he can go in and out perform Senna, that's a pretty big statement as far as a drive for 2011 goes. Remember the lack of testing, too.

Selby
Old 24 Sep 2010, 09:59 (Ref:2763922)   #11
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Jerome d'Ambrosio driving in FP1 for Virgin, and Fairuz Fauzy doing likewise for Lotus.
Old 24 Sep 2010, 10:14 (Ref:2763927)   #12
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

I know the track's the most important thing, but looking at these early evening conditions in Singapore, the place does look spectacular.

Seeing all those coaches and cars going over bridges over the circuit, imagine getting your first sighting of an F1 car in those circumstances!
Old 24 Sep 2010, 11:06 (Ref:2763946)   #13
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Track's taking a long time to dry out - 26 minutes of first free practice and none of the top 5 runners have gone out yet - only 15 drivers recorded a time so far - and Kobayashi fastest with Schumacher 2nd.......Massa just nearly kissed the barrier....but got 3rd fastest

None participants so far are apparently saving their tyre allocation
Old 24 Sep 2010, 11:08 (Ref:2763948)   #14
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Kobayashi for the win.
Old 24 Sep 2010, 11:10 (Ref:2763950)   #15
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
May I ask for a PM on where you guys are watching this?
Old 24 Sep 2010, 11:26 (Ref:2763958)   #16
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
BBC website or red button - Although my Adobe player is being a paid to update.
Old 24 Sep 2010, 11:26 (Ref:2763959)   #17
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
PM sent, but basically http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/9030094.stm

Button now set fastest...no now Sutil has beaten him....
Old 24 Sep 2010, 11:29 (Ref:2763961)   #18
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks guys, I had the feeling some had video. Down on the bottom the earth we are lucky to get qualifying. Here in Darwin anyway.
Old 24 Sep 2010, 11:36 (Ref:2763962)   #19
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
At enf of first practice Weber pops in a fastest, but who'd have believed that Schumacher would be second....albeit after 23 laps, learning the circuit....Then Sutil, Vettel and Alguersuari.... Hamilton down in 18th, trying different nose cones....

All academic, I know, but shows to an extent what odd results we might get if the weather gods come out to play.....
Old 24 Sep 2010, 11:37 (Ref:2763963)   #20
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_r View Post
BBC website or red button - Although my Adobe player is being a paid to update.
My red button on Virgin cable TV wouldn't work - had to watch on th pooter...
Old 24 Sep 2010, 14:35 (Ref:2764020)   #21
strider
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Middle Earth
strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!strider has a real shot at the championship!
I've been thinking that at some stage in these closing races Vettel would have one of those weekends, i.e. pole position, race win and fastest lap. Judging by what's happening at the moment, this could be the one.
Old 24 Sep 2010, 14:49 (Ref:2764029)   #22
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Uhn... I guess Mark Webber might have one of those weekends instead !
Old 24 Sep 2010, 15:34 (Ref:2764063)   #23
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I shall officially state that Formula 1 cars racing in the dark is an abortion. Then to have them do it around a rinky dink republic compounds the error.

But on balance I love Singapore so they can get away with it.

Interesting practices today. Button on the up at Macaroon currently.
Old 24 Sep 2010, 22:07 (Ref:2764207)   #24
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I shall officially state that Formula 1 cars racing in the dark is an abortion. Then to have them do it around a rinky dink republic compounds the error.

But on balance I love Singapore so they can get away with it.

Interesting practices today. Button on the up at Macaroon currently.
Do you love Singapore or do you love the track ?

Old 24 Sep 2010, 22:56 (Ref:2764221)   #25
sjfalex
Rookie

sjfalex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i'd say both. It's a great city and it's really clean, making sure that it's safe to do a race in the night when the track is this difficult is not an easy job. Moreover, according to the tourism board, the F1 concert has big acts like Mariah Carey. the post race parties are also a huge buzz, great video ads as well. so I'd look at it holistically.