Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 19 Feb 2013, 10:29 (Ref:3207168)   #26
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by PBE View Post
Bauble - can i buy a copy of saloon Nash picture at Goodwood? John Ruston is absolutely right, the VSCC provide a great platform for racing pre-war cars and of all the racing I do, it is by far the most economic and certainly great fun. I cant emphasise how much fun the Pom is - entries have closed this year but its well worth putting in the diary for next year. for a start, where else can you get 40 mins of track time for £160 or half that in a prewar car.
See you on Saturday, Patrick, I have several pictures of the Nash at Goodwood, I will bring some along for you to chose.

Bob.
Old 19 Feb 2013, 10:31 (Ref:3207170)   #27
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Yes, it's a great club. Oh, and there is something about prewar closed cars that really 'do' it for me. Such a fabulous thing that FN, Patrick. Seem to remember Andy Bell bringing out a Aston MkII saloon a couple of years back, too.
John,
Will you be there?

I hope so, I'm still waiting for that cup of tea, or is it my turn to buy?

Cheers,

Bob.
Old 20 Feb 2013, 15:47 (Ref:3207965)   #28
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Fraid not Bob; no doubt will be able to buy that cuppa at some stage, later, though!!
Old 21 Feb 2013, 11:41 (Ref:3208494)   #29
rescue dude
Veteran

England
rescue dude is a back marker
I'm going to be there camera in hand.

If anyone wants any specific car pics let me know.
Old 21 Feb 2013, 19:41 (Ref:3208724)   #30
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rescue dude View Post
I'm going to be there camera in hand.

If anyone wants any specific car pics let me know.

Porsche 914 pls,
a white car with lots of decals

Rudolf
Old 22 Feb 2013, 12:25 (Ref:3209066)   #31
rescue dude
Veteran

England
rescue dude is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudernst View Post
Porsche 914 pls,
a white car with lots of decals

Rudolf
Noted.

I'll let you all know if I get anything decent.
Old 23 Feb 2013, 20:49 (Ref:3209698)   #32
percy
Racer

percy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a cold day for spectating... Pity there were so few cars there today. Just about got the feeling back in my fingers.
Old 23 Feb 2013, 22:18 (Ref:3209723)   #33
percy
Racer

percy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a few pics from on the track...

You can see the snow falling...

Old 24 Feb 2013, 12:50 (Ref:3209989)   #34
bauble
Veteran

England
The man who started it all;

Having a go;

From the sublime to the ridiculous ....................... Ah!, But which is which?

Nice to say Hello! Rudolph, let me have an e-mail address and I will send some Porsche 914 pictures.

Great day out and so many enthusiastic marshals. Did anyone mention the cold?

Cheers,

Bob
Old 25 Feb 2013, 10:16 (Ref:3210363)   #35
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Great pics chaps. An eclectic mix which sums this super event up. More please!
Old 25 Feb 2013, 14:37 (Ref:3210508)   #36
bauble
Veteran

England
OK! John,
rbmapics.com.
Old 26 Feb 2013, 15:00 (Ref:3211186)   #37
bauble
Veteran

England

Very hardy types these marshals, and we thought we were cold!!

Last edited by bauble; 26 Feb 2013 at 15:08.
Old 26 Feb 2013, 15:17 (Ref:3211193)   #38
bauble
Veteran

England
Charles Gillet 's Frazer Nash Super Sports

Well know motor sport photographer Jacob Ebrey on his racing debut.

Just a slight mistake!

Close Racing ........?

No! Not a mistake, but his regular cornering technique, most entertaining.

Last edited by bauble; 26 Feb 2013 at 15:41.
Old 26 Feb 2013, 16:05 (Ref:3211209)   #39
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Charles Gillet 's Frazer Nash Super Sports

Had I been there, this would be my car of the event.
Old 26 Feb 2013, 16:35 (Ref:3211219)   #40
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was there, and the 914/6 was mine.
Although don't laugh, but the brown Cortina was very entertaining going through Copse sideways lap after lap until eventually he threw it in the gravel.
Old 26 Feb 2013, 18:27 (Ref:3211254)   #41
bauble
Veteran

England

Brown Cortina, complete with fox lodged in the air intake. You find some funny things in them gravel beds!!!!