Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 7 Jul 2013, 13:56 (Ref:3274880)   #51
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Who wrote the Austrian National Anthem?
Old 7 Jul 2013, 13:57 (Ref:3274881)   #52
Scooter185
Racer

United States
Connecticut
Scooter185 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And look the Pirellis only became a factor in terms of strategy, not random degradation or failures

Well except for the Mercedes which is par for the year really
Old 7 Jul 2013, 14:05 (Ref:3274884)   #53
jedrinck
Racer

jedrinck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great finish, Lotus were right there! Mercedes needs another clandestine tyre test it seems.
Old 7 Jul 2013, 14:34 (Ref:3274893)   #54
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fantastic drive by Vettel...

- I think if Grosjean didn't held up Kimi it could've been closer, or even a victory for the Finnish. Lotus really had an amazing race pace, and both Kimi and Grosjean were fantastic today too. I'm happy for Romain
- Great performance for Alonso too, he really pushed the last stint with those new softs.
- Impressive comeback for Webber, even with that pit stop drama.
- Also nice to see McLaren P6 and P8 and Hulk P10, those teams really needed a good result.

I hope the cameraman is OK, just read he is under observation with some hand injuries
Old 7 Jul 2013, 14:46 (Ref:3274897)   #55
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsTrecu View Post
I hope the cameraman is OK, just read he is under observation with some hand injuries
I'm amazed he managed to walk away. It could have been a lot worse. He got flattened (no pun intended) by that tyre.
Old 7 Jul 2013, 15:54 (Ref:3274911)   #56
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Yeah! Pirelli's tyres are still dangerous! The guy is reckoned to be OK, if a little battered and bruised.
Old 7 Jul 2013, 16:04 (Ref:3274915)   #57
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
30.000€ fine for RBR for the accident says SkySports website.
And apparently the cameraman have some broken ribs... Well, it could be worse.
Old 7 Jul 2013, 16:13 (Ref:3274917)   #58
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
That ought to be a nice little insurance earner for him, with all of the evidence that anyone would ever need.
Old 7 Jul 2013, 16:15 (Ref:3274919)   #59
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Great. Mercedes had it sorted out for a handful of raced only to see a tire switch and find themselves struggling again.

I would say "At least the cameraman is alright" but evidently he isn't as alright as I had hoped.
Old 7 Jul 2013, 16:24 (Ref:3274927)   #60
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I never saw a decent replay of Massa's off. Did the car veer left under braking again?
To me, that is a very worrying safety issue if it did happen.
Old 7 Jul 2013, 16:25 (Ref:3274928)   #61
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
That ought to be a nice little insurance earner for him, with all of the evidence that anyone would ever need.
Isn't the idea of insurance to cover his medical bills and loss of earnings? As opposed to being an 'earner'. It seems the modern reaction is to wonder what profit can be made out of an accident.
(Not that the camera man is - I have no idea).

Glad he's generally OK, as said above it could have been worse.
Old 7 Jul 2013, 16:31 (Ref:3274934)   #62
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Isn't the idea of insurance to cover his medical bills and loss of earnings? As opposed to being an 'earner'.
Yes, that's the idea. But the current litigation culture says otherwise.
Old 7 Jul 2013, 17:23 (Ref:3274952)   #63
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Sky is reporting he also suffered a broken collarbone which MAY keep the camera off his shoulder and subsequently keep him off the job for while.

Lucky bloke that's all he suffered! RBR should kick in with some compensation as well as well as his insurance although then the insurance company might expect to be reimbursed.
Old 7 Jul 2013, 17:27 (Ref:3274953)   #64
jedrinck
Racer

jedrinck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In German law, the amount of the settlement is a function of actual expenses, loss of earnings and some financial compensation for the "suffering". It's just that, no matter how rich the person or corporation sued is. Hence there is no litigation culture to speak of, it wouldn't be profitable enough.
Old 7 Jul 2013, 18:23 (Ref:3274971)   #65
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
A shame Vettel won, doesn't do much for the title race. Alonso and Kimi need to start getting results to keep the season alive.

It was great to see a racetrack that hasn't been neutered totally by tarmac run off, and still has loads of grass and gravel, just how it should be. What I find amusing and ironic, is that years ago the Nurburgring was regarded as quite a sterile track, yet in today's era of dull tracks, even the modern 'Ring has a ton more character and some decent corners. How times and opinions change...
Old 7 Jul 2013, 18:33 (Ref:3274975)   #66
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
A shame Vettel won, doesn't do much for the title race. Alonso and Kimi need to start getting results to keep the season alive.
It is reminding me of 2011. No race seems easy or a complete forgone conclusion, but somehow Vettel is dominating the points.

Quote:
It was great to see a racetrack that hasn't been neutered totally by tarmac run off, and still has loads of grass and gravel, just how it should be. What I find amusing and ironic, is that years ago the Nurburgring was regarded as quite a sterile track, yet in today's era of dull tracks, even the modern 'Ring has a ton more character and some decent corners. How times and opinions change...
So many people said it was a good track, many current drivers amongst them, and I kept thinking back to the times when it was described as the complete opposite. DRS has helped the racing at a traditionally difficult to overtake track. And mostly you still needed to finish the move with skill even if I got you alongside. Also there are a couple of fast chicanes which showcase the change of direction of a modern F1 car.
Old 7 Jul 2013, 18:44 (Ref:3274984)   #67
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I actually always kinda liked the Nurburgring GP circuit...
Old 7 Jul 2013, 19:47 (Ref:3275007)   #68
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceMan_PJN View Post
I actually always kinda liked the Nurburgring GP circuit...

...... all fourteen odd miles of it.
Old 7 Jul 2013, 20:34 (Ref:3275023)   #69
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
It is reminding me of 2011. No race seems easy or a complete forgone conclusion, but somehow Vettel is dominating the points.

So many people said it was a good track, many current drivers amongst them, and I kept thinking back to the times when it was described as the complete opposite. DRS has helped the racing at a traditionally difficult to overtake track. And mostly you still needed to finish the move with skill even if I got you alongside. Also there are a couple of fast chicanes which showcase the change of direction of a modern F1 car.
I guess when it first appeared in the mid 80s it was up against some pretty brutal tracks, like Suzuka, Spa, Estoril, Osterriechring, Zandvoort, Imola. You can perhaps see why it appeared to be a tad dull compared to those kind of tracks in their unaltered form.
Old 7 Jul 2013, 20:47 (Ref:3275040)   #70
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I never saw a decent replay of Massa's off. Did the car veer left under braking again?
To me, that is a very worrying safety issue if it did happen.
Coulthard said that the report was that there was a gearbox problem and the car jammed in 5th, which spun him off under braking......
Old 7 Jul 2013, 23:22 (Ref:3275125)   #71
Malfunction Junction
Racer

Malfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMalfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Let it never be said that Marussia weren't desperate for track time.........

Relieved to hear that the cameraman will recover.

As for the red bull pit stop, they've pushed the limits time and time again over the last few years, but this is the second time in half a dozen races where a wheel has fallen off. They really need to get sorted or they'll start losing CC points.
Old 8 Jul 2013, 00:46 (Ref:3275158)   #72
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wish they would push the limits on Vettel's stops - 4 years of awesome luck he has had...
Old 8 Jul 2013, 06:10 (Ref:3275222)   #73
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
30.000€ fine for RBR for the accident says SkySports website.
Well I hope it's the cameraman that gets given 30.000€
Old 8 Jul 2013, 06:54 (Ref:3275235)   #74
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
On the subject of the track, the camera angles we saw yesterday make it look a lot more impressive than I previously thought.
Old 8 Jul 2013, 10:46 (Ref:3275324)   #75
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
On the subject of the track, the camera angles we saw yesterday make it look a lot more impressive than I previously thought.
We got to see more of the elevation change yesterday than we have previously, which I thought was quite good. Also they managed to demonstrate in several sections that the cars have different strengths, which can be very difficult to convey especially with long lenses foreshortening everything.