Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 12 Jul 2017, 18:56 (Ref:3750768)   #1
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
6 Hours of Nurburgring

Official Poster

Circuit Map

Time Table

Official Website

Live Timing

Spotter Guide

Time Table PDF Format

Entry List

TV Details

Fantasy Racing
----------------------

Pre-Race Notes

» The Nürburgring 6 Hours sees the debut of the Porsche 919 high downforce aero kit. Porsche used the low downforce bodywork at Silverstone and Spa to maximise testing time of the kit before Le Mans. With only 2 bodywork variations allowed for 2017, Porsche and Toyota are expected to move to high downforce for the rest of the season.

» Ben Hanley will sub for Alex Lynn in the #26 G-Drive Racing ORECA. Lynn is on Formula E duty for DS Virgin Racing, replacing Jose Maria Lopez, who cannot be released from his Toyota LMP1 commitments. Hanley is currently competing in ELMS for DragonSpeed, who also operate the ELMS based G-Drive car. G-Drive offered the empty seat to Laurens Vanthoor after the Porsche works driver tested the car during the Le Mans test day, but turned it down to focus on his Porsche IMSA work.

» Robert Merhi makes a return to Manor, replacing Jean-Eric Vergne who is racing for Techeetah during the WEC Formula E clash. Merhi competed in Formula 2 earlier this year for Campos Racing.

» Toni Vilander will replace Sam Bird in the #71 AF Corse Ferrari 488. Bird is another driver competing in the New York Formula E event. Vilander is a Ferrari regular, racing for Risi Competizione in the IMSA Weather Tech Series. It will be the first WEC race outside of Le Mans for Vilander since 2015.

» IMSA stars Pipo Derani and Filipe Albuquerque join Vaillante Rebellion for the Nürburgring. Derani replaces Nelson Piquet Jr in the #13 car, whilst Albuquerque subs for Bruno Senna in the #31. Piquet and Senna are…you guessed it, racing in the New York ePrix.

» Formula E and WEC have agreed to work together to avoid major clashes in the future. The New York ePrix clashes with the Nurburgring 6 Hours, harming both series. Formula E Championship leader Sebastian Buemi, and fellow Toyota driver Jose Maria Lopez will skip the ePrix to prioritise LMP1 duties. Other drivers have opted to attend the ePrix, leaving G-Drive, Rebellion, Manor and AF Corse looking for replacement drivers.

» The #26 G-Drive ORECA will serve a three-minute stop and go penalty at the Nürburgring. The penalty was issued after the Le Mans 24 hours after Roman Rusinov made contact with the #88 Proton Porsche in the opening laps of the race. A further suspended three-minute stop and go hangs over the car for the following three rounds should the car be involved in any more incidents.

» The FIA has clarified the medical light issue highlighted by Lopez crash at Silverstone. New for 2017, the medical light is in the windscreen and activates on a high g-force impact. Lopez brought his car back to the pits despite the light being active. Drivers now must be examined by medical services. The race director may allow the driver to recover the car to the pits, but only with permission from the FIA Medical Delegate.

» The first round of automatic BoP has given Aston Martin a weight break and power increase, whilst the Ford gets heavier. The Vantage GTE receives a 20 kg weight reduction and a 0.1 mm larger restrictor. The Ford GT gains 20 kg. The algorithm does not take into account Le Mans.

------------------------------------

Comments on the quality of the pre-race notes appreciated. I think most know what I'm up to by now.

Last edited by joeb; 14 Jul 2017 at 01:27.
Old 12 Jul 2017, 19:12 (Ref:3750771)   #2
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Excellent intro Akrapovic!
Old 12 Jul 2017, 19:14 (Ref:3750772)   #3
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Weather actually looks good for this weekend. Is today a set up day or is that tomorrow? Because if today was a day that teams were expected to be at the track, you'd expect that photos would've leaked by now.

Especially the new Porsche. Only photo we have of the post LM version is a grainy photo taken at a private test.
Old 12 Jul 2017, 19:48 (Ref:3750779)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Great job - thanks Akrapovic!
Old 12 Jul 2017, 20:33 (Ref:3750793)   #5
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Cheers
Old 12 Jul 2017, 20:37 (Ref:3750796)   #6
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Thanks for opening this. I hope for a good fight up front. I wanna see if Lopez is on it like he was at Le Mans. He impressed and was faster than Lapierre.
Old 13 Jul 2017, 00:01 (Ref:3750831)   #7
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Will the GT Porsche's finally get a win this weekend? 6 hours is a long way when your car gets tire punctures every 2 hours....
Old 13 Jul 2017, 06:47 (Ref:3750860)   #8
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Thanks for opening this. I hope for a good fight up front. I wanna see if Lopez is on it like he was at Le Mans. He impressed and was faster than Lapierre.
I should've put this in the original post - Toyota moving back to the previous line-up.

I'll happily start these threads more often. Experimenting with ideas.
Old 13 Jul 2017, 08:55 (Ref:3750874)   #9
XtC24
Racer

XtC24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridXtC24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If somebody would need a ticket for T4 I will not be able to use mine (one adult and one reduced).Let me know.

TF 110 "I wanna see if Lopez is on it like he was at Le Mans. He impressed and was faster than Lapierre."

I noticed it, it was one of 2 great things to watch from Toyota at Le Mans (other one is of course 3'14'791).

I think Porsche will be very strong.
Old 13 Jul 2017, 12:03 (Ref:3750908)   #10
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I should've put this in the original post - Toyota moving back to the previous line-up.

I'll happily start these threads more often. Experimenting with ideas.
I think you just got yourself a new (unpaid) job!
Old 13 Jul 2017, 12:21 (Ref:3750912)   #11
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Better live timing: https://timing.71wytham.org.uk
Old 13 Jul 2017, 13:33 (Ref:3750916)   #12
Scorchess
Racer

Scorchess has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Nice intro.

It's been too long, I can't wait for this race. Porsche's new high downforce kit up against Toyota's proven kit... it's going to be epic.
Old 13 Jul 2017, 23:01 (Ref:3751033)   #13
thunders1989
Rookie

thunders1989 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is my first time at the Nurburgring. Does anyone know if it is suitable for spectating from a camping chair? I much prefer that to being in a grandstand
Old 14 Jul 2017, 01:04 (Ref:3751044)   #14
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Nice OP Akrapovic

Great to see Toni Vilander back in WEC with AF Corse even if its just for one race.
Old 14 Jul 2017, 04:21 (Ref:3751067)   #15
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunders1989 View Post
This is my first time at the Nurburgring. Does anyone know if it is suitable for spectating from a camping chair? I much prefer that to being in a grandstand
Only places I can think of where this would work is the terraced seating down towards Dunlop(IIRC the individual steps on the terraces are wide enough to set up a non-reclining chair) and the grassy part on the run-up to the chicane shortly before the end of the lap.
Old 14 Jul 2017, 15:42 (Ref:3751210)   #16
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Looks like Porsche has the advantage in pace so far. They did a qualifying sim so not sure if the gap is true. But they definitely have speed in the car.
Old 14 Jul 2017, 19:10 (Ref:3751257)   #17
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
FP2 was red flagged when a photographer accessed a restricted area near the track. He was removed from the track by security and the ACO/FIA Media delegate as banned him from working at any ACO sanctioned events, including the WEC, LMS and Le Mans.

Last edited by chernaudi; 14 Jul 2017 at 19:15.
Old 14 Jul 2017, 20:15 (Ref:3751272)   #18
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
Manor have also been awarded a 7 minute stop and hold penalty for running into a Ford GT while the cars were coming back to the pits during FP2's red flag.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/0...o-penalty.html
Old 14 Jul 2017, 21:23 (Ref:3751289)   #19
kvenom
Veteran

kvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkvenom should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hard to be optimistic at the front for competition when Davidson says not being lapped would be a victory this weekend.
Old 14 Jul 2017, 21:43 (Ref:3751295)   #20
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Excellent intro Akrapovic!
Agreed !
Old 14 Jul 2017, 21:50 (Ref:3751297)   #21
MANvsFOOD
Rookie

United States
US
MANvsFOOD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

» The first round of automatic BoP has given Aston Martin a weight break and power increase, whilst the Ford gets heavier. The Vantage GTE receives a 20 kg weight reduction and a 0.1 mm larger restrictor. The Ford GT gains 20 kg. The algorithm does not take into account Le Mans.
Interesting. I didn't think Aston Martin was that far behind, nor that the Ford was that far ahead.

Quote:
Comments on the quality of the pre-race notes appreciated. I think most know what I'm up to by now.
Fantastic pre-race notes. Thank you for this!
Old 14 Jul 2017, 22:13 (Ref:3751304)   #22
TF110
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvenom View Post
Hard to be optimistic at the front for competition when Davidson says not being lapped would be a victory this weekend.
Because that's what happened last year. The long run pace is closer than the gap from the fast laps. We'll see how they do on used tires as well. Nurburgring seems like a track that is like Silverstone and requires the highest downforce. I'm still optimistic there will be a fight up front.
Old 14 Jul 2017, 23:39 (Ref:3751310)   #23
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
and we always seem to overlook the element of keeping it out of the pitbox...
Old 15 Jul 2017, 04:24 (Ref:3751337)   #24
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kvenom View Post
Basically Toyota doesn't have a good high downforce package this year because they put all their eggs in the LM basket. And now that they also have a points disadvantage to the leading Porsche, it is going to a difficult mountain to climb for the #8 crew.

Reliability may be a factor, but haven't the cars been relavitely trouble-free during the two 6 hour races?
Old 15 Jul 2017, 05:51 (Ref:3751347)   #25
TF110
Veteran

United States
I think Davidson is saying that the Porsche may be able to make more total downforce and that Nurburgring is not ideal for their package while other tracks should be. In the sc365 article he says they should be good at other tracks. Like how he said last year they were nowhere at Nurburgring, getting lapped and then they won Fuji.