Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Feb 2004, 18:18 (Ref:862990)   #1
nippy
Racer

nippy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Burti Lied

http://f1.racing-live.com/en/index.html

Check it out Luciano Burti made a complete fool of himself today as Ferrari revealed that what Burti had said he had signed was in fact what Luca Badoer had signed Ferrari told F1-Live.com today.Its the 8th one down btw.
He must feel like a complete fool now and realy embaressed

Ha Ha what are your thoughts

Last edited by nippy; 4 Feb 2004 at 18:20.
Old 4 Feb 2004, 18:22 (Ref:862996)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I guess just a mix-up on Burti's part. I hope nothing too serious because it would be a shame for him.
Old 4 Feb 2004, 22:03 (Ref:863232)   #3
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This is nothing more than a standard mix-up story.

To be saying "Burti lied" and then calling him a "complete fool" is very harsh, in my opinion.
Old 4 Feb 2004, 22:17 (Ref:863253)   #4
nippy
Racer

yeah maybe, but how can you mix up the contract that your team mate signed and the one you didn't even put pen to paper with? And that is a serious question not a sacrcy one
Old 4 Feb 2004, 22:22 (Ref:863260)   #5
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We don't know what he said though.

The problem with these internet news sites is they don't always operate with the highest standards of accuracy.

Furthermore, Burti is Brazilian so we may have a problem with mis-translation from Portuguese/Italian/English.

Maybe Burti said that he'll be doing various things this year, including the possibility of some Ferrari testing.

That could easily be misinterpreted by others as him saying he's signed a Ferrari deal that lets him do other stuff on the side.

The whole thing's been blown out of proportion by that website and by your reaction to it and your decision to mock Burti for some reason.

Do you have something against him?
Old 4 Feb 2004, 22:25 (Ref:863266)   #6
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes it's not good calling someone a complete fool and a liar, especially when you do it in such a way that it makes your story incomprehensible.
Old 4 Feb 2004, 22:42 (Ref:863303)   #7
nippy
Racer

No i don't have anything against Luciano, as Eddie Irvine said he is a fantastic test driver who deserves a seat in F1. It's just that i wasn't expecting him to say ohh im in with ferrari when he is out i was sad for him but could imagine how embarrased he would be by ferrari saying errm no you havn't mate you mean Luca has. But i apologised to you about my reaction to it. Do you have you something against me??
As you say that site MAY! not be accurate but if you read th one that says "Burti signs ferrari contract" you will see why i thought what i thought

Last edited by nippy; 4 Feb 2004 at 22:43.