Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 6 Mar 2007, 11:27 (Ref:1859723)   #26
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What, you mean the team actually co-operated with itself, to the detriment of true racing?????
Old 6 Mar 2007, 11:32 (Ref:1859727)   #27
Bullett
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Bullett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
hahaha as if Lowndes has lost it, you can't just lose it. Your speaking as if no one should beat lowndes. As if no one can beat skaife - todd smacked him last weekend as it has happened before. Its a similar thing. You never know what was happening last weekend. I agree Lowndesy may have rethought a lot of things but no race driver goes racing thinking 'im not going to push 100%, its to risky' lowndes is just like everyone else he will go as hard as he can
Old 6 Mar 2007, 11:47 (Ref:1859738)   #28
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullett
hahaha as if Lowndes has lost it, you can't just lose it. Your speaking as if no one should beat lowndes. As if no one can beat skaife - todd smacked him last weekend as it has happened before. Its a similar thing. You never know what was happening last weekend. I agree Lowndesy may have rethought a lot of things but no race driver goes racing thinking 'im not going to push 100%, its to risky' lowndes is just like everyone else he will go as hard as he can

... but is "as hard as he can" as hard as it once was? or as hard as it needs to be? Not saying he HAS lost it, just that he might have lost at least SOME of it.... Skaifey is probably similar - I doubt that "as hard as he can" is as hard as it once was... although I am sure that for both drivers "as hard as they can" will still be hard enough... I am talking degrees of excellence here, of course. Both are (still) legends, and neither should stop yet. Ditto even Rusty - he showed on the weekend that he can still go pretty damn hard.
Old 6 Mar 2007, 20:32 (Ref:1860056)   #29
Phase3
Veteran

Australia
Always Amazing, Ever Changing Gold Coast
Phase3 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My thoughts exatly Rombles1. It'sthat exrtra 1% hunger that either see's you as a race winner, or part of the pack, and it's that 1% that i worry Craig has "misplaced". Skaifey, I believe, is in the same boat. All this HRT, TWR stuff is costing him his 1%......
Old 6 Mar 2007, 23:28 (Ref:1860194)   #30
Bullett
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Bullett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok i agree he may have lost that extra hunger but i will wait a few more rounds before i say that he has actually lost that 1% hunger as i don't know if anything was wrong with his car or tyres on the weekend....roll on perth
Old 7 Mar 2007, 00:25 (Ref:1860229)   #31
stmorri
Veteran

stmorri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The commentary said he reported handling problems (understeer think) in R1 and then he got caught behind Wilson (who should have let him through) and the rest is now history. Take into account the new aero package, they got it right on Whincup's car but not quite right on Lowndes' car (a bit like Tander and Rick at PI last year)......he's not finished by a long shot IMO.
Old 7 Mar 2007, 03:53 (Ref:1860301)   #32
darren holliday
Rookie

darren holliday should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Outstanding prententation by Aus. story I thought.

I get the impression that the Lowndes preferred driving sytle is to turn into a corner quite early, maintaining high corner speed (sometimes seems to hurt his exit speed)

To do this requires quite a bit of front end grip.

The BF front splitter is considerably shorter, and I am assuming offering quite a bit less down force than the previous BA.

Less down force would mean less turn in, at a street circuit like Clipsal I think this would hurt Lowndes, through the east terrace complex (turn 4,5,6) and onto Bartels road (turn 7) especially.

(sector times anyone?)

Maybe less obvious on other tracks, but will still require further set up tweeks or even a slight driving style change?

WHat do you think? Am I on the right track?

He maybe less reckless as a family man, but that does not mean he has lost his speed!
Old 8 Mar 2007, 03:07 (Ref:1861131)   #33
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For those who missed it and have Pay or Digital TV it's on ABC2 tonight at around 9:30pm.
Old 8 Mar 2007, 21:38 (Ref:1861820)   #34
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by darren holliday
Outstanding prententation by Aus. story I thought.

I get the impression that the Lowndes preferred driving sytle is to turn into a corner quite early, maintaining high corner speed (sometimes seems to hurt his exit speed)

To do this requires quite a bit of front end grip.

The BF front splitter is considerably shorter, and I am assuming offering quite a bit less down force than the previous BA.

Less down force would mean less turn in, at a street circuit like Clipsal I think this would hurt Lowndes, through the east terrace complex (turn 4,5,6) and onto Bartels road (turn 7) especially.

(sector times anyone?)

Maybe less obvious on other tracks, but will still require further set up tweeks or even a slight driving style change?

WHat do you think? Am I on the right track?

He maybe less reckless as a family man, but that does not mean he has lost his speed!
Craigs track position cost him at clipsal, thanks to the drive through, his times were not that far off the pace according to Natsoft.

I enjoyed the show the other night too, I think its just maturity that gets to a driver after a while (Skaife, Murph, Richo are all the same) where enthusiasm seems to be higher in the younger guys.

There is still a lot left in Lowndes yet, but I think there may be more pressure after failing to secure the championship last year too.
Old 8 Mar 2007, 23:31 (Ref:1861917)   #35
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Interesting show... not sure it showed us too much that we didnt know.... nice house.. not sure about the trampoline though..

Here is the ABC website link...
Great link
Old 10 Mar 2007, 04:23 (Ref:1862812)   #36
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great doco, very moving. That was very hard to watch in the 1st half when it went through the Brock/Lowndes relationship. Just to prove what a good job they did I was watching it with my gf (who isn't really into motor-racing but puts up with it if I'm watching), I was starting to get a bit teary, looked accross at her and so was she.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter
I did a bungy jump in New Zealand many years ago but now I have a wife and kids, there is not a snowflakes hope in hell that I'd do it again...
That's funny, when I was married all I wanted to do was die as long as it was swift and painless.
Old 10 Mar 2007, 05:31 (Ref:1862820)   #37
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Interesting that his year in Europe wasn't important enough to rate even the slightest mention.....
Old 10 Mar 2007, 07:29 (Ref:1862847)   #38
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
They didnt get too excited about the "blunder years" at Gibson/00 either...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 10 Mar 2007, 09:19 (Ref:1862870)   #39
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Having watched the full footage, it is fair to say that Craig and Natalie come across as a very sincere and genuine couple.

Craig clearly is passionate and that's a strength. The $15000 fine is and will always remain a joke.

It's hard to find words to sum up my feelings as Craig is someone I hold in high regard, Peter Brock was held in the same regard, and the documentary also touched on the loss of Mark Porter.

For once, I'm completely lost for words
Old 10 Mar 2007, 13:28 (Ref:1863024)   #40
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Interesting that his year in Europe wasn't important enough to rate even the slightest mention.....
Quote:
They didn't get too excited about the "blunder years" at Gibson/00 either...
That was not the purpose of the story.