Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 25 Aug 2001, 19:46 (Ref:135796)   #1
Heeltoe6
Veteran

Heeltoe6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Another Win for Panoz

and we are left to wonder what could have been if they had been using the old car all year long.
Old 25 Aug 2001, 23:39 (Ref:135894)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
the new car is definately a handfull..so Im glad they have gone back to the old one.

It happens thought ..new cars can be real trouble when trying to sort them out but at least now they are competitive which is the main thing...well done to the Panoz boys !!!
Old 26 Aug 2001, 01:35 (Ref:135927)   #3
Murph
Racer

Murph should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just got back from Mid-Ohio. Those Joest Audi's are gorgeous & fast....unfortunately too fast when passing the pace car! Also very impressed with the Dyson entry....Butch & James done pretty good. I thought the Panoz's were very peculiar looking but Jan showed that looks aren't everything. Speaking of looks.... I got quite a chuckle with the antics of the boys at American Viperacing......even with all their problems on Friday & Saturday morning they kept their sence of humor....the #44 car sported a Handicapped Driver tag (hoping that this would allow them to start further up the grid....and with all the off-course excursions (along with more than a little customizing of the paint/bodywork as a result of said excursions) the mechanics painted-on glasses for the Snake on the nosecone!....but even that didn't seem to help!!! as I left their garage...a couple of the guys were adding band-aids on to the newest "alterations" on the front bodywork. Also it was great to see Hans Stuck in action again.

Very nice crowd on hand..especially as this event was just recently "thrown" together.....the weekend was to have been simply a N.E. Ohio SCCA race..... but those good folks were more than amicable to sharing Friday & Saturday with the ALMS & Trans-Am guys.

ALMS will get a set date next year at Mid-Ohio.

well, time for this tired puppy to go to bed..... I fell like "I've been road hard & put away wet"

take care, all

Murph
Old 27 Aug 2001, 00:24 (Ref:136240)   #4
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hurrah for Panoz! (Has Dindo lost his mind? asked the guy on Speedvision during RaceWeek). What a race for them.

Great work by American Viperracing. I love the fact that sports cars drivers can still have a sense of humour. I hope they keep it up! They are all fine fellows and I hope Mid-Ohio proves the turning point for the fortunes of Panoz Racing.

P.S. Murph I know how you feel. Just got home from a weekend with the family in New York. Oy!