Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 30 Mar 2017, 21:05 (Ref:3722663)   #2051
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeW04 View Post
https://youtu.be/yhSQkGOLMec

You might not agree with the direction they have gone... at least they sound good
Superb! We might be stuck with a spec engine but at least it's a spec engine with some character.
Old 27 Apr 2017, 11:42 (Ref:3729461)   #2052
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
An interesting DSC story about the Gibson here:

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/0...ry-so-far.html
Old 9 May 2017, 23:31 (Ref:3732551)   #2053
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Bleeks testing an lmp2 at Nola today

Check out @jbleekemolen's Tweet: https://twitter.com/jbleekemolen/sta...170582532?s=09

I'm guessing it was the Riley Keating purchased.
Old 10 May 2017, 00:46 (Ref:3732562)   #2054
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Pause it as it comes to the line and it's definitely a Riley.
Old 10 May 2017, 14:58 (Ref:3732669)   #2055
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Really eager to see Bleeke in a proto.
Old 10 May 2017, 16:34 (Ref:3732680)   #2056
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelochs View Post
Really eager to see Bleeke in a proto.
you mean again?!
Old 10 May 2017, 18:58 (Ref:3732709)   #2057
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't recall seeing him in a prototype. back to google I guess.

Seems I don't recall a lot of things as i get older ... not sure.

Apparently seven times at Le Mans and once for some demo laps at Bathurst. No memory of any of iti ... and some of it was quite recent.

What Really bugs me is Rebellion in 2012. I was watching that team that year ... or so I thought. Maybe it was actually tractor-pulling or something .... as I get older, everything gets fuzzier.

I guess i was discounting rebellion because the big race was between the fast cars ... but ....

I remember the Tioyota hitting the Deltawing at least.

Last edited by Maelochs; 10 May 2017 at 19:11.
Old 19 May 2017, 01:41 (Ref:3734371)   #2058
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Does anyone know of the reason why LMP2s are allowed to be 4750mm long vs 4650mm long for LMP1, even though they share the same chassis regs and 1000mm/750mm maxes for front and rear overhangs?
Old 19 May 2017, 16:27 (Ref:3734489)   #2059
BRG
Rookie

England
Gloucestershire
BRG should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Does anyone know of the reason why LMP2s are allowed to be 4750mm long vs 4650mm long for LMP1, even though they share the same chassis regs and 1000mm/750mm maxes for front and rear overhangs?
As a guess is it somthing to do with Oreca's last years chassis being upgraded to this years spec (You know favouritism)]
Old 19 May 2017, 20:56 (Ref:3734536)   #2060
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
IMO, that doesn't explain why everyone had the option to do it (build to a extra 100mm of length).
Old 24 May 2017, 11:19 (Ref:3735648)   #2061
Mike E
Veteran

A Closer Look At The Two Oreca 07 Aero Packages

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/0...-packages.html
Old 15 Jun 2017, 13:10 (Ref:3741628)   #2062
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Looks as if the partnership between Riley and Multimatic is going to be changing a bit as the lmp2 project moves forward.

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/0...programme.html
Old 15 Jun 2017, 13:19 (Ref:3741629)   #2063
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Make sense. But in all honesty, if they're making big changes like that then I'd be replacing Speedsource as the Mazda works team. They're making rookie errors years into the program.
Old 15 Jun 2017, 13:36 (Ref:3741636)   #2064
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Make sense. But in all honesty, if they're making big changes like that then I'd be replacing Speedsource as the Mazda works team. They're making rookie errors years into the program.
That is fair. I'm not sure how much of this is Mazda DPI specific or Riley P2 specific, and also it is unlcear how much they can change on a homologated chassis.

I thought it was interesting that the Multimatic guys weren't a fan of sending a chassis to Keating to run at Le Mans.
Old 15 Jun 2017, 13:41 (Ref:3741638)   #2065
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yeah. Honestly, I think it's pretty bad they're in that position. They bidded to be one of a very limited numbers of LMP2 customer suppliers, and they're saying they shouldn't be doing it. That's not really ideal when you have others like BR Engineering who could've built a car that was better, and be on the grid properly.
Old 18 Jun 2017, 20:22 (Ref:3744965)   #2066
tigas
Racer

Portugal
Lisbon, Portugal
tigas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Yeah. Honestly, I think it's pretty bad they're in that position. They bidded to be one of a very limited numbers of LMP2 customer suppliers, and they're saying they shouldn't be doing it. That's not really ideal when you have others like BR Engineering who could've built a car that was better, and be on the grid properly.
You must know that this class was born of politics, and NASCAR/IMSA was going to give something to them good'ol' boys in NC (which I believe stands for "NASCAR Country")

Riley was a given because of North Carolina, and Oreca as well (the spec was developed around their base chassis). OAK would be almost impossible to leave out (based at Le Mans and could fold or greatly downsize if not given the contract) and Dallara also has an American base of operations because of the DW12. Two for France, two for the USA.
Old 18 Jun 2017, 21:44 (Ref:3744990)   #2067
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
I do hope that the ACO consider a joker mod for LMP2s to address the issues at Le Mans with the LM spec cars. Oreca, Onroak and Dallara have been fairly equal outside of LM in the ELMS, but at LM it wasn't really a contest because Oreca got things right better than everyone else. I know that it's only one race, but it's the most important every year.

Not to mention that there's clearly tons wrong with the Riley. Aero seems off big time for LM and I can't believe that it's 60 kg overweight. I don't know if that's unladen (with out ballast vs others) or in race spec. If it's in race spec, then Riley really screwed things up and it's no wonder then why Multimatic want to have more say in what's going on.
Old 18 Jun 2017, 21:49 (Ref:3744993)   #2068
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
All manufacturers are allowed one joker, which I think they call a performance upgrade, in the 4 year period. Costs a little bit of money, but nothing major. So that should even itself out soon. Ligier proposed an update on the Friday to all of their cars, but needed permission from everybody else. Request was denied, and Ligier didn't want to use their one joker this early in the 4 year cycle. So I expect Dallara and Ligier will use it for next year, whilst ORECA might wait a little.

And yeah, in ELMS they've been basically equal which is awesome. Just the Ligier and Dallara low downforce kits are junk. The Riley...well god knows whats going on with that. If the ACO is determined to stick with limited chassis manufacturers, I hope it gets opened to 5 or 6 in the next generation.

Interesting, in LMP3, the Ligier was awful in low downforce too. Just so slow in a straight line. They asked for permission to modified the rear gurneys, and all the other manufacturers agreed (Norma, Adess and Ginetta were in the race too), which was a nice show of sportsmanship. The Norma still had a straight line advantage and would've won both races if it didn't get rear ended in the first race.
Old 18 Jun 2017, 22:08 (Ref:3745001)   #2069
Articus
Veteran

Articus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridArticus should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
at this point with the P2's why bother with homologation jokers that cost money. Why not just use BOP between the Oreca, Ligier, Dallara like GTE? If a homologation joker allows one to catch up, might as well just do it much more cost effectively with air restrictor/ballast/etc. It's basically a spec class anyway.
Old 18 Jun 2017, 22:13 (Ref:3745005)   #2070
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
That won't work. As soon as you do that you're going to mess with fuel milage (and therefore pit stop times and fuel flow rates), ability to pass in traffic, etc. BoP is really not that simple. It's why SRO uses the easy get out at Spa and gives maximum stint lengths - because then they can make any adjustments without having to worry about the effect on the fuel, which is very hard to balance. Introducing BoP to LMP2 would destroy that.

It's also still meant to be a partially open market. Allowing them to compete for customers, and the best to do well. That's basically what happened - ORECA was fastest in testing, and was easy to upgrade to. That's why we've seen so many in WEC. That probably would've happened in WEC this year, restricted chassis supplier or not. ELMS may have seen more variety however.
Old 18 Jun 2017, 22:41 (Ref:3745016)   #2071
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
From what I could tell, the Ligier low downforce kit is just basically the sprint kit with out the dive planes and a different front diffuser profile.
Old 19 Jun 2017, 01:13 (Ref:3745038)   #2072
tigas
Racer

Portugal
Lisbon, Portugal
tigas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If that's true, that's a massive own goal by Onroak. Are LMP3s that profitable that the only way of supplying enough cars for all the buyers is to disregard other categories?

I had heard on RLM that everybody at Onroak was laying carbon fiber during winter to build LMP3s, even on Christmas Eve, maybe they had the engineers laying fiber as well?

And so, the Ginetta LMP3 debacle (which left a huge hole on the market for Onroak) keeps making more victims
Old 19 Jun 2017, 01:15 (Ref:3745039)   #2073
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Here, there is some interesting information about the Riley

Quote:
Larry Holt speaks to DSC
http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/0...programme.html
Old 19 Jun 2017, 01:27 (Ref:3745043)   #2074
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
BTW, congratulation to Gibson, the engines has proved to be durable and very fast.
Old 19 Jun 2017, 07:26 (Ref:3745089)   #2075
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
+1.....quite impressive considering the sweltering hot conditions